• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Ajax | 07/12/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 342
  • Views 12,997

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Who put the ball in the man yoo net?

HALF OF ****ING EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kamikaze80

Established Member
i dont want to be too tough on him cos hes only 19, but quincy was rubbish tonite. great dribbler but theres no point to it cos hes a poor striker of the ball, whether for shooting or passing. shouldve been an assist to henry when gifted the ball by the corner flag, and he shouldve gone for the far post on his best shot attempt.

as patrick and others have noted, no point at all to henry playing tonite. unnecessary risk of injury and he'll obviously be disinterested and frustrated playing with the kids.

senderos was awesome bar the "ajax assist" attempt. i couldnt believe it was him making that forward run at the end of the 1st half.

were obviously better w/lauren at LB. eboue looked impressive as well.

reyes definitely made a meal of his "penalty" tho he did clearly beat his marker. he is starting to annoy me, however, and i wouldnt exactly cry if we could sell him without incurring a loss.

larsson and flamini were anonymous. larsson wont make it here but hell be useful for someone.

not enough one touch play for my taste, our offence was driven by individual efforts. it was not pretty to watch, tho i suppose its understandable given our mixed lineup.

kamikaze80

Established Member
oh yeah, almunia had a great match in goal, very quick off his lines. if he ever improves his decision-making, he could be a very solid keeper.

and quincy shoudve done better on that early corner as well. he was completely unmarked, get a head onto it for christs sake.

Wenger14

Established Member
What can I say, Henry, Reyes, Flamini, Quincy, Larsson and Hleb were nowhere near good. TBH I wouldn't expect a team to have the passion to win a game when their captain didn't even look like he wanted to be there.

Almunia, Senderos, Toure, Lauren and Eboue impressed. Gilbert RVP and Cesc looked good when they came on.

At least, we've come out of the group stages on top. PSV Real Rangers Benfica Bremen and Munich possible opponents... and Man Utd are Out!!! not even ****ing UEFA cup :lol:

kel varnsen

Established Member
boring match and this 4-5-1 thing didn't work at all. flamini, hleb and larsson were terrible in central midfield. no structure whatsoever...

senderos was our best player, but had one of his usual hick ups. why he passed the ball back to rosenberg no one knows...

DOUBLE-YOU

I hope many supporters will be happy now. Quincy got his game and showed how brilliant he is.

Let's be honest he was poor today. now i know it isn't the right to make such quick judgements, he does not look ready for the big step-up. it's very well doing fancy tricks against lower league opposition, but when it comes to playing against good teams, there needs to be end product.

to be honest i was happy to see him start, but i just got frustrated watching him. it's his first game in europe so i didn't expect him to dribble around 5 players and score, but i did expect some signs of football intelligence. countless inaccurate 5 - 10 yard passes. He hardly ever played 1 or 2 touch football and never tracked back - which is very disappointing because european football is not fast at all.

to be honest he wasn't helped by captain henry who looked disinterested. maybe its me, but it seems henry only makes forward runs off the ball when berkamp or pires are in posession. when reyes or quincy had the ball he either stood still or came towards them and reduced the space.

I thought Lauren had a good game on the left. i don't know how people can say he should be dropped for eboue. Eboue to his credit had a steady game but his distribution (especially early on ) wasn't great.

I am still unsure about flamini. he ran around but didn't win many tackles and his distribution was telegraphic. he seems to look one direction and if the option is not on he goes back.

overall the passing was sloppy today and i feel this game highlights why wenger sticks with pires and berkamp. ok they don't always play brilliantly but they do keep the ball moving.

KingReyes

Established Member
Pretty boring game, players that stood out were Senderos, Eboue, Kolo and Almunia with a couple of good saves.

People once again getting on Henry's back for no reason because apparently was disinterested. Please tell me who was interested?

Also you need a quality side to make another player and team look interested. What is Henry is supposed to get excited about? Larrson? Flamini? Reyes losing the ball? Quincy showing minor glimpses?

Henry was playing with a bunch of kiddies up front and in midfield so before we get on his back we have to look at what he was playing with. Of course that doesn't excuse him for missing the penalty.

patrick42uk said:
shocking performance.

senderos done vry well today, but i cannot understand why he tried to ruin it by getting an assist for ajax.

I have no idea why he does these things? He had a good game nearly ruined by a moment of madness. He's done it in other games too. The thing is if he makes a mistake which leads to a chance its crucial but if players like Reyes, Quincy etc lose the ball its ok because its not in a dangerous area. Its the price you pay for playing kids, Wenger has said that himself.

maradonad2g

I think quincy needs to be playing big teams or he wont improve look at ronaldo at man u he was the same the first few months then he slowly improved maybe a game here and there as a late sub if arsenal are winning games comfortably

IBL

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
senderos was our best player, but had one of his usual hick ups. why he passed the ball back to rosenberg no one knows...

Read the BBC Sports match report I see :lol: :lol:

longrufus

Established Member
Henry, if you nothing about him, somehow you would know he was french, what other nationality would strut around, and complain to other people about his service. If he had no reputation, would be slated for his performance.

Flamini, i think im starting to jump on the asa bandwagon, he was useless, distribution was poor, tackling was poor, didnt really do much. Dnt really see a long term position in the side for him.

Hleb, clearly bulked up, no longer so skinny, is a lot more physical, showed some nice touches but was a yard short, could tell it was his first game in a while, needs games.

Larsson wasn't great, although i think he played better than Flamini, showed some good positives but wont make it here. Hleb and Flamini made his task more difficult.

Quincy looked promising running at people but looked out of place on the right, needs to be on the left as when he cut in was constantly on his weaker left foot. Was great to watch running at people, reminds me of c.ronaldo when he first came, good pace, skill and trickery with no end product. After a good few appearences will only get better.

Senderos, Kolo and Almunia all played very well. Thank god for VanPersie, at least we had some excitment, nice cameo role. Fabregas was solid.

Sky player ratings
http://home.skysports.com/matchratings.asp?fxid=288189

kel varnsen

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
I hope many supporters will be happy now. Quincy got his game and showed how brilliant he is.

Let's be honest he was poor today. now i know it isn't the right to make such quick judgements, he does not look ready for the big step-up. it's very well doing fancy tricks against lower league opposition, but when it comes to playing against good teams, there needs to be end product.

to be honest i was happy to see him start, but i just got frustrated watching him. it's his first game in europe so i didn't expect him to dribble around 5 players and score, but i did expect some signs of football intelligence. countless inaccurate 5 - 10 yard passes. He hardly ever played 1 or 2 touch football and never tracked back - which is very disappointing because european football is not fast at all.

oh please. that is the most ridicilous thing i've read all day. you blame quincy for not playing any '1 or 2 touch' football. with whom was he supposed to play this one touch football with? himself? when there is no movement off the ball and no coordinated team work, there aren't any real options for the player with the ball. there isn't any real space to run into and the whole system breaks down. sure quincy could've done better, but he was by no means any worse than the rest of the players out there...

IBL

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Ice Berg legend said:
kel varnsen said:

Read the BBC Sports match report I see :lol: :lol:

no, i haven't. what does it say?

oooops, just made an embarrasing error, please ignore :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

A

Anonymous

You can't judge player performances when the team has no objective.

There was nothing riding on that win, and it showed in everyone's eyes.
Again, I don't know why there is a feeling that Quincy should be playing high up as a striker.. he should be having greater flexibility as a winger.

Senderos, does three things right, and then does something really really stupid. I'd still have him on the LB over Cygan.

It's a shame Arsenal took the foot off the ball just because qualification was done N dusted.

DOUBLE-YOU

kel varnsen said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

oh please. that is the most ridicilous thing i've read all day. you blame quincy for not playing any '1 or 2 touch' football. with whom was he supposed to play this one touch football with? himself? when there is no movement off the ball and no coordinated team work, there aren't any real options for the player with the ball. there isn't any real space to run into and the whole system breaks down. sure quincy could've done better, but he was by no means any worse than the rest of the players out there...

yes he was worse than some of the players out there. and even if i was to accept your argument about 1 & 2 touch football (which i dont) what about the many misplaced short passes and the fact he was poor tracking back. when i refer to 1/2 touch football i don't just mean give and go passing on the edge of the box. you can also play a ball back or to the side. players don't have to try and beat an opponent everytime they are in possession. simplicity is key. the idea is to pass the ball thus 1: keeping possession 2: tiring the opponent and 3: move the opposition aroung until an opening appears.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom