• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Ajax | 07/12/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 342
  • Views 12,994

Gurgen

Established Member
Yeah, after all, Henry put in so much work today :roll:
Would have preferred him to have kept silent after his 'performance' this evening.

sabret00the

Established Member
Overall it was a boring match but their were some lessons learned. My number one would be that Henry is not the man to lead this club. He's looked disinterested for a while but today he took the piss and was one of our worse players, admittedly he looked like he was about to shine when he saw van Persie come on but as a captain he's gotta lead and seem enthausiastic and not like he's being inconvenianced cause he doesn't like the squad. Our passing was probably the worst i've seen all season and the movement sucked. It's sad that we look so outta sorts without van Persie on the pitch but i think things could finally be changing, if we had been playing 4-4-2 i think we would've wiped the floor with Ajax today.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Henry is not captan material...I'm sorry to say, but he just isnt the guy to lead this team. Sol should have been the club Captain and when he is not playing , Senderos or Fabregas please. I know they are young, but both are natural leaders.

Henry should have looked at himself today rather than make coments about the team work. i can't help but think the captiancy was a carrot used to persuade Henry to stay.

A

Anonymous

Goal clips and stuff like that are NOT allowed.

sabret00the

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Henry is not captan material...I'm sorry to say, but he just isnt the guy to lead this team. Sol should have been the club Captain and when he is not playing , Senderos or Fabregas please. I know they are young, but both are natural leaders.

Henry should have looked at himself today rather than make coments about the team work. i can't help but think the captiancy was a carrot used to persuade Henry to stay.
i totally agree, i have no idea what he thought he was doing today but being a captain didn't seem to come into the equation.

koivu

longrufus said:
Henry, if you nothing about him, somehow you would know he was french, what other nationality would strut around, and complain to other people about his service.

Riight.........

RammiXP

Just arrived back from the match, Im a little tired so im going to keep this short and add more in the morning. What I will say is that today I realised that Thierry Henry will not be an Arsenal Player next season. I have a real feeling he will not stay at the club after watching him play tonight and I feel his lack of encouragement on the pitch and his entire attitude was wrong. Almunia was a better Captain at the reading game. Henry is a genius and I hate the idea of him leaving but after his little speech on Parkinson where he quickly made it clear after making a comment about Spanish supporters that he would never say never to moving there. I just have a feeling he will be a Catalan man next year.

Anyway that’s my little rant/worry over I will report on possibly the worst arsenal match I have ever been to live tomorrow.

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
_scorpion_ said:

i totally agree, i have no idea what he thought he was doing today but being a captain didn't seem to come into the equation.

Sure he was worse against Bolton. Sulky and out of the game. The captain cant just fall apart when the chips are down.

Also Lauren should be taking all the penaltys.

gotnothin

What is Henry is supposed to get excited about? Larrson? Flamini? Reyes losing the ball? Quincy showing minor glimpses?
Spot on... As much as i dont want to admit it i think we're heading towards some tough times soon.. Henry just doesnt seem to be enjoying himself enough to warrant stayin with us... God i hope im wrong and ill hold hope until the end but just getting bad vibes when watchin each game and his lack of enthusiasm etc :(

JazzG

Established Member
I've never seen us give the ball away so many times in one match, shocking stuff by us. But we are through ;)

mood

It's a poor performance, but with Hleb short of match practice and inexperienced players on the pitch... im not blaming anyone. I was impressed with Senderos and Kolo today.

A

Anonymous

gotnothin said:
What is Henry is supposed to get excited about? Larrson? Flamini? Reyes losing the ball? Quincy showing minor glimpses?
Spot on... As much as i dont want to admit it i think we're heading towards some tough times soon.. Henry just doesnt seem to be enjoying himself enough to warrant stayin with us... God i hope im wrong and ill hold hope until the end but just getting bad vibes when watchin each game and his lack of enthusiasm etc :(

i am afraid Arsenal are going backwards and Henry is too big for the club

Thanks to our stubburn coach

Asterix

Established Member
Freddie99 - we topped the group unbeaten and dropped only two points. That's not bad for us. What we need to do is pull out our finger in the League and keep up the good Cup work.

Feis-al

Well, Atleast the TV's spared me that circus and going by the reactions of most mates on this forum, They talk about Henry like the Henry I saw on saturday aginst Bolton. I just hope Wenger reminds him of the word Captain Inspiration before the second round kicks of.

tbbosa

freddie99 said:
gotnothin said:

i am afraid Arsenal are going backwards and Henry is too big for the club

Thanks to our stubburn coach

I agree Henry has a right to leave, he is just too big for this club. AW has failed to improve on the squad and we play like babies. Henry cannot do all the work by himself. R. Van Parsie is the only one upfront who can implement Henry. Reyes has failed to prove himself in two seasons, No matterwhat people say on this board. If you think Reyes has been one of the best players this seaoson, you might need your head examined. RVP is the actual deal. Wenger will need to improve the team if we are to compete, atleast a CB, a very good CM and a great striker. Cygan and Reyes cannot win you titles!!

marco

Typical senderos performance last night. Good and solid but made that catastrophic mistake that he always does.
Every game he makes a serious error and its a real concern. So far only drogba, kanu and heskey have made him pay for it.
But surely he cant keep doing it!

as for quincy, he is boa morte number 2,
quick very pacey with glimpses of skill, but very selfish and lazy!

Flamini= very average,
not good at one thing, how many times did he give the ball away.
he is our third choice midfielder and is not a quarter of the player some like ray parlour was.
Giles grimandi is better than him for heavens sake.

Gooner_Girl

I didn't watch the whole match but from what i saw we were poor, gave the ball away to easily. Good build up then lost the ball. It wasn't even a penalty but Henry was unlucky. Glad to see cygan dropped to the bench lets hope he does that against the toon.

MK5

marco said:
Typical senderos performance last night. Good and solid but made that catastrophic mistake that he always does.
Every game he makes a serious error and its a real concern. So far only drogba, kanu and heskey have made him pay for it.
But surely he cant keep doing it!

as for quincy, he is boa morte number 2,
quick very pacey with glimpses of skill, but very selfish and lazy!

Flamini= very average,
not good at one thing, how many times did he give the ball away.
he is our third choice midfielder and is not a quarter of the player some like ray parlour was.
Giles grimandi is better than him for heavens sake.

A bit harsh on Phil but I can see where you are coming from. You got to have in mind though that he's only 20, which for a defender is extremly young. Terry and Campbell were hardly rated as world class defenders at that age either, were they?
I wouldn't actually mind to see AW getting in a more exeperinced CB as third choice and send Senderos out on loan for 6 months though. Could only see positive things coming from that.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom