• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Sparta Prague | 02/11/05

sabret00the

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
sabret00the said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
sabret00the said:
seeing alot of praise come for the midfield, i thought it was destinctly average, reyes and pires saved gilberto and flamini's skin and i thought flamini should've come off at half time.

The midfield consists of at the very least 4 players, and not just gil and flamini. So Pires was simply doing his job.ddin't save anyone and so was Reyes when he got pushed to LM in second half.
i said midfield and then i excluded the wingers which meant i evidently meant the central midfielders, why are you pretending you're stupid? and as for reyes he floated ALOT but played LM.

Not pretending to be stupid, but i could be. I just think when you judge the midfield performance..it should include the LM and RM because they are part and parcel of the midfield. Them tucking inside to support the CM is usually part of their JOB. I took your initial comments probably in the wrong way, cos i thought you were criticizing Gil/Flamini by pointing they were bailed out by the LM/RM. I believe the LM/RM are every bit part of the midfield, you can not exclude them as "wingers" cos they are NOT wingers especially with our style of football. If they do their job well they will protect the CM and if they don't then the two CM are very stretched and the middle is open.

Just my opinion.
i was criticising flamini/gilberto, but in actual fact no matter what spin you put on it, they were attrocious and if not for the superior games (in comparison) of their midfielding collegues, it could've been a nightmare.

MK5

ccc said:
MK5 said:
Bare the League cup games most matches when he's played from the start he's been very quiet. It might be because he find it hard playing alongside Henry or that he gets to play further up the field when he comes on and we need to score, I don't know but it's a fact that when he scored the goal against Soton last season, when he scored the goals in the FA cup semi final and when he scored the 2 goals yesterday he came on as a sub.

I don't think it's a fair comparison. robin got very few starts, and he did score the only goal in league against blackburn and the first goal against :?: (we won 2-0) as starter last season. how can you say he should always be a sub because he scored only when he came on as sub? if he didn't get start, how can he score as starter? you may argue that he played poorly as starter at the beginning of this season. the fact was, he wasn't in form at that time and he didn't play well either as sub during that period because of the summer saga. I do believe he is finding his form back and ready for a start now

He deserves a run in the team but I'm not sure how we'll fit him in. I don't think it's a coincidence he's been most succesful when he's come on as a sub, It's about getting to play further up the pitch.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom