• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Sparta Prague | 02/11/05

Mark

Established Member
We may not be playing at our best, but how many times have we been punished for that in the CL? For once things are actually going right. 4 wins out of 4 and we can relax for the last 2 games! This never happens! Normally this win tonight would see us get our hope of qualifying back or something.

Was a decent enough performance considering the difficult conditions. And all of the goals were great. RvP must start against Sunderland. One would think he is the automatic choice as Bergy played the whole 90 today. Let's hope so.

hesham

Established Member
This Idea going round that VanPersie is only good when he comes on as a sub is bollox... fact is he hasnt been at his best since the start of the season (when he got a few starts)..
since the CC game hes start to look like RvP of last year ESPESIALY today with all his twisting and turning DAM KID made me dizzy :D two great goals
He HAS to start the next two games at least there both easy if he can get a couple more goals in them i think he can establish himself as a 1st team player

nidza7

Established Member
Great thing we qualified fro knock-out stages.I`m so glad we`ll see some reserves playing last two matches.Least hope so.And that prick Almunia is getting on my nervs every time I see him.Hope AW try Poom.

leongsh

RockyRocastle said:
They are a really, really terrible team, and I know we won 3-0 in the end but it was hardly convincing.

Not only was it not convincing, the Arsenal defence is terrible at setpieces and whipped in crosses. Defensively, the defence is leaving too many free headers for the opposition.

RockyRocastle said:
Anyway, VP is a class act and has to start on Saturday - I really dont know what else he has to do to shift a 36 year old.

Count me in the camp that "Robin van Persie really has to start now". His game is now full of confidence and in the past 3 matches, he has been able to re-energise the Arsenal team.

sabret00the

Established Member
wow i'm still bubbling with excitement over the game, van Persie showing off just what he's worth getting the service he wants on the edge of the 18 yard box while everyone would've thought the available space was in the box, couldn't be happier for the guy. and Eboue this is why i say he deserves some game time, he reads the game well and reads his team mates well, adapts to his team mates instead of the vision Arsène has. can't wait to see these two team up more.

van Persie was class today.

sabret00the

Established Member
14teranga said:
RVP should start all the games full stop. He worries about being replaced when started sometimes, he needs a good run of games and the services he likes. He really loves it when defenders are all over him. He likes those tight spaces and that makes him good around and in the box. Give him the balls he wants and the timings he likes and we will be all set and right to go to new heights. He easily gets free kicks in very good positions too which can only be wonderful.
couldn't agree more with the bolded.

reyes on the left wing is class, can't wait fo the new striker to come in january btw

OneProudGooner

Established Member
We need a point from our last 2 games to come first. I think we should play a mix of players in the next game and perhaps Hleb and Ash will be back so we can give them some run outs.

qs

Established Member
I thought it was a solid performace. Most of the players did what was required one or two did a bit more.

Theres no point saying against a good team that performance wouldnt be good enough because players raise their games for big games. If we'd been playing Barca we'd have played better even if we lost. Fact is it was a comfortable win and all the players got through it unharmed, thats all we could ask for.

Henrys looking great, even apart from the goal he just looked hungry. No point talking about his ability cos we all know about that. He looks like a man who really really wants that trophy.

Bergkamps starting to turn into Luis Garcia, great in the CL does **** all in the league.

Bobby played well IMO, I hope he's over his early season ****ness.

RVP did well but dont get too carried away. His finishing was great but he had loads of room and he rarely gets that in the premiership. Im glad he's starting to show some confidence and I dont for a second doubt his ability, its just as case of him hitting some kind of form. I definitly start him for the next couple of league games up front with Theirry.

Reyes was great again, ok he didnt score but he still worked his arse off and played some lovely passes, his shots were decent too. Eventually the goals will come.

Almunia is terrible. Yeah he had some good stops but he was very close to ruining it with some terrible decisions. They have **** all fire power and a team with even one decent forward wouldve scored(thats every team in the EPL for those of you not paying attention)

Overall Im very happy with the result and the performance.

Sammer

Established Member
the_gunners_14 said:
i heard patrick vieira was excellent today.

He had an excellent assist and his passing was pretty good, but other than that, Juve were very quiet the first half and only started to attack properly when Nedved came on.

GunneDown

nidza7 said:
Great thing we qualified fro knock-out stages.I`m so glad we`ll see some reserves playing last two matches.Least hope so.And that prick Almunia is getting on my nervs every time I see him.Hope AW try Poom.

thats a harsh.... made a few good saves tonight. a couple of silly things. but still kept a clean sheet.

GunneDown

Kha0z said:
Funny how Van Persie still can't convince certain people on this forum.

Just goes to show: Ignorance is rife.

well i agree with you.. for once.... ;)

Lauren, berto and flamini all did well i think. not really noticed. but that normally means they have done their jobs.

I would like to see RVP start on sat with TH. but i do think berg is always missed. He was very good tonight and was very creative.

Smartly Dressed Morris

I disagree about Flamini - he was very average , every time he got the ball in midfield he passed back to defence not once but like 99 percent of the time. Time to be a bit more adventurous.

Viper

Established Member
Yeah I just hate it when the ball is passed back to the defence when there is a chance to attack.

sabret00the

Established Member
seeing alot of praise come for the midfield, i thought it was destinctly average, reyes and pires saved gilberto and flamini's skin and i thought flamini should've come off at half time.

clichy was a pick and mix match, he done some things well but he done others just as poorly, his clearing needs work, his defending needs to improve, especially his positioning and he needs to learn how to attack more effectively and efficiently, still a long way off but this wasn't an improvement on the last game.

the defence were WTFWGOT? Sol really needs to sort his life out? and Eboue has gotta get a start some time soon right?

A

Anonymous

I disagree about Flamini - he was very average , every time he got the ball in midfield he passed back to defence not once but like 99 percent of the time. Time to be a bit more adventurous.

to be honest with you id rather him being safe then put our team at risk, with arsenal there will always be a chance to attack, i like how gilberto got forward more and flammini back a bit more , maybe that was tactical from wenger

Gurgen

Established Member
Van Persie really needs a run now. His attitude and performances have been spot on, I don't know what else Wenger wants.

I thought Pires was very good again, loved it when he made their left back fall on his arse. Reyes had a good game in the rain, promising :lol: Usually he is either brilliant or disappointing, yesterday he was just good. Consistent performances is what he needs right now.

Manuel in goal really is a joke though. If we were playing Juve we would have conceded at least 3 goals due to his abysmal kicking and that horrible howler in the 78th minute.

And finally Wenger made a sane substitution! He actually took Henry off. Why he brought on Cesc afterwards is really beyond me. If you're resting a player, rest him.

invisibleman18

Established Member
sabret00the said:
seeing alot of praise come for the midfield, i thought it was destinctly average, reyes and pires saved gilberto and flamini's skin and i thought flamini should've come off at half time.

agree about the midfield.
with all the high praise going on, i thought it was just my poor quality chinese stream making me think it was average.

sabret00the

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
sabret00the said:

agree about the midfield.
with all the high praise going on, i thought it was just my poor quality chinese stream making me think it was average.
nah, they were as bad as almunia if you ask me.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom