• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Draw.. Arsenal Face Celta De Vigo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

This is the second best option, given that we could not drw Moscow again, but I can smell the waves of complacency.

Careful everyone.

Adam

Established Member
They beat Ajax at home, and Milan at the San Siro. They are strong. Finishing 3rd in the Spanish league is also not easy. Let's see how they are in a knockout situation though. They are potentially a good CL side with that strong defence and Spanish technique.

Sammer

Established Member
ASHBURRN said:
JazzG said:
R.Madrid match should be interesting :) Gotta feeling Madrid will spank them silly though!
Bayern have a good record over Madrid, and are generally Madrid's bogey team.

You are right, but Bayern is extremely vulnerable at this point.

I agree with JazzG that Real will "spank them silly"

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, i can certainly deal with this draw.. they were one of the teams i picked as teams i think we would want to play in this round.. i would have picked Prague, but we dont need to be going to Prague in the middle of the winter....

ROLL ON ARSENAL!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
beaney said:
great draw for us IMO one of the better ties i think.

we should beat them and go thru to the quarters!!!

2 to look out for are Juve vs Deportivo- that will be a quality game! and obvioulsy Real vs Beyern.

im glad we didnt get either of those 2, particulary depo. that would have been the hardest draw

As the draw went on I really thought we would be drawn against Deportivo. God knows how Monaco put 8 past them coz they are an exceptional outfit.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
flotz said:
that mean we absolutely need to get sth from the balaidos and i dont remember us getting anything from spain in the last years ...against barca we got a draw ..thats all..
i hoped to avoid a spanish side but i still think we'll get through...we're better..i really think we can go at least to the semi finals ..

I was thinking the same thing. Our away record in Spain in recent years is very poor.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
serbiangunner said:
The toughest draw we could get.We can't play against Spainards.This is awful. :cry:

I don't know why you think that. Surely with the players we've got we'll have too much for them over two legs.

SuperBob

This is a good draw for us we can definately get the better of them over the 2 legs the key match is the one were we play them in Spain, for me it is a must win match.

A

Anonymous

Very excited about this game. Have a excellent chance to progress

Goonergurjit said:
serbiangunner said:
The toughest draw we could get.We can't play against Spainards.This is awful. :cry:

I don't know why you think that. Surely with the players we've got we'll have too much for them over two legs.
yes surely with the players we've got we got eliminated 2 times against valencia and deportivo stuffed us both home and away.spanish teams don't suit us.

vin de guerre

piresthebest said:
How do you get there? Pienador airport? who flies there?

I'm Spanish and I live 20 km far from Vigo, in a town called Pontevedra. I hate Celta because they play like most of the teams in Highbury (with 10 defenders).

Vigo has an airport (Peinador) near the city. The stadium is the Municipal de Balaídos. It's small (30000), but there are 12000-15000 people every weekend.

vigo were better when they had Carpin & Revivo. They are a good stable team but not out of the ordinary

flotz

can someone please tell me what other games there will be on the day we play celta because here in israel they are showing 2 games each day and i want to know if there a chance tey'll pick our game
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom