• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 07/08/05

mood

I didn't watch the game because I was on the plane while it was on. Just got back and could someone be kind of enough to tell me how our overall performance was and if there was any positives in them?

It seems that Senderos had a 3rd consecutive bad game (last 2 pre-season games he was terrible)... it's very worrying. Last season, he was never a let down. I hope it's not the 2nd season syndrome.

It's good to see Cesc Fabregas was the man of the game. He's not a Vieira, but I hope he makes us forget about Paddy. Good to hear Gilberto played good as well. We need Campbell back as soon as possible.. wtf is with all those injuries.

thegame24

Established Member
AFCG7

you talk sence.

Kel, you dont know **** all about football and your trying it with me of all people.

:roll: for me eh?

**** You, hows that.

dynasty

Am i the only one that actually enjoyed our performance....fair enough senderos might need a bit of match practice...but attach was good..they had to chances... i think flamini is a squad player..no more no less...
gilberto looked good...cesc wow...

If we can get a good sntre mid..well be ok..

AFCG7

Established Member
Mourinho is a ****.
Duff was caught yes but everyone could see it was not intentional. Piece of **** he is.. i saw when he got out of his seat to complain to the 4th official.

nidza7

Established Member
dynasty said:
Am i the only one that actually enjoyed our performance....fair enough senderos might need a bit of match practice...but attach was good..they had to chances... i think flamini is a squad player..no more no less...

i enjoyed our game too,never mind the score.
i think flamini is a squad player..no more no less...

absolutely true.he just doesen`t make difference

and I don`t like seeing Henry going back and holding the ball too long(giving too much time to defenders).we must change that before Newcastle game.The coach was rite WE didn`t have sharpness spec. Henry

DOUBLE-YOU

dynasty said:

I concur.

gunnerGH

Established Member
I thought the overall team performance was excellent. I cant see drogba scoring goals like that against us again....Wenger will crack down on it and i think we will easily beat them at Stamford Bridge.

Gilberto and Fabregas must be the no.1 pairing in the middle they both were awesome. Flamini looked out of place at times and had his head down too much.

reyes must be dropped he simply wasnt good enough today and is becoming a big letdown.....does anybody notice he always goes for the nutmeg....it never works though.

I thought on a whole it was a great team performance.

Henry's Girl

The duff incident was unintentional.

I had a great time at cardiff, tho we lost and i left with a huge headache and had to wait for an hour to get the train....I enjoyed our performance, who cares about the scoreline its only the Community cup, tho moroniho and their fans thought they won the world cup.

COME ON U REDCURRANTS ;D

kiddou

My ratings for the match -

Lehman - 6 - not particularly at fault for the goals but maybe just maybe could've done better

Lauren - 7 - Solid
Kolo - 8 - Solid too
Senderos - 6 - Well...let Drogba score from that half chance ... didn't look commanding at all
A.Cole - 7 - did some running, was okey defensively

Pires - 6 - just couldn't make the difference, lost some balls needlessly
Flamini - 7 - did lots of running, but should improve passing and tackling a bit
Cesc - 9 - Was awesome, had just one terrible pass at the end of the game but thankfully we didn't concede after that. Amazing how composed and smart with the ball he can be.
Ljunberg - 7/8 - more or less gave his typical 100%, ran a lot, tracked back, assisted Cesc for the goal

Bergkamp - 6 - half of the team being kids, I just couldn't believe that our weakest players were DB10 and Pires, two of the most experienced.
Henry - 7 - Some nice touches, 2 shots from difficult positions but I've got a feeling that he's not entirely fit.

Subs:
Gilberto - 8 - really good. Nice touches and flicks.
RvP - 6 - did nothing just kept losing the ball and falling
Hleb - 7 - nice game from him, clever player, not afraid to go one on one
Reyes - 6.5 - tried hard no doubt about that, but did little. Better than RvP though.
Hoyte - 6 - well didn't see a lot of him really.
Cygan - 6 - can't really remember what he did except one stupid pass that almost resulted in a counter attack

A

Anonymous

Squad player or not, Flamini works his butt off more than any player we have, and surrounded by a good midfield, you've got voila-- Gattuso. Flamini is almost exactly like Gattuso, and yet people have placed Gattuso on a pedestal, forgetting that he's surrounded by Seedorf, Kaka, and Pirlo.

Anyway, I'm actually worried about Gilberto's performance. Cesc and Vieira conflicted because Vieira wanted to be the CM further up the field, and Cesc, lacking in the presence and defensive abilities of Vieira, could not provide the cover. Gilberto must realize that Cesc is a better passer, shooter, and more creative. I don't want to see Gilberto dumping aimless balls over the top when 45-65 yards in front of goal. He lost the ball on all such passes he attempted. Gilberto has to stay behind Cesc, and gaurd the defense, ala Makelele. If he does not do this, Senderos will be exposed everytime he plays, because teams will gear their attacks in his direction. Gilberto is believing his own hype, and to the extent that he's good at providing defensive cover, he's definitely not a box to box player ala Vieira, and shouldn't try to be one!

quattro

we got sucker punched by one of the best counterattacking teams in the world. the defence still needs some sorting out and senderos in particular looks like he needs some more time to get into the groove. overall though, we weren't bad at all. our midfield held its own and fabregas was just fabulous. we still lack that sharpness but it was demonstrated that we CAN bring the ball to down to some very dangerous areas.

jay-d

Established Member
Kwame said:
Squad player or not, Flamini works his butt off more than any player we have, and surrounded by a good midfield, you've got voila-- Gattuso. Flamini is almost exactly like Gattuso, and yet people have placed Gattuso on a pedestal, forgetting that he's surrounded by Seedorf, Kaka, and Pirlo.

Anyway, I'm actually worried about Gilberto's performance. Cesc and Vieira conflicted because Vieira wanted to be the CM further up the field, and Cesc, lacking in the presence and defensive abilities of Vieira, could not provide the cover. Gilberto must realize that Cesc is a better passer, shooter, and more creative. I don't want to see Gilberto dumping aimless balls over the top when 45-65 yards in front of goal. He lost the ball on all such passes he attempted. Gilberto has to stay behind Cesc, and gaurd the defense, ala Makelele. If he does not do this, Senderos will be exposed everytime he plays, because teams will gear their attacks in his direction. Gilberto is believing his own hype, and to the extent that he's good at providing defensive cover, he's definitely not a box to box player ala Vieira, and shouldn't try to be one!

Your weird.

sabret00the

Established Member
i only got home an hour ago :(

Lehman - could've been a better keeper for one of the goals, otherwise solid bar his distribution
Cole - ****ing great performance today
Sendores - at times looked like a god but those were really overshadowed by him doing dumbness, needs games to get into his stride
Toure - was actually generally weaker than senderos but the lack of cockups contradict that, was solid
Lauren: was one of my favourites today very solid
Ljundberg - was he there?
Pires - who?
flamini - didn't deserve to come off was our best midfielder
cesc - if you lot thought senderos was bad, he was four times worst, but always looked like he had that magic pass in him and when he was playing gung ho was amazing.
Gilberto - ****ing hell, came on and was disgusting too much skill, too solid, MOTM
Hleb - making great runs but never looked totally comfortable, screamed for the ball on occasion to get nothing but air
Reyes - looks to have awoken, tried a **** load of new tricks, was loving his display
Bergkamp - was happy when he never came out for the second half
Henry - saw this performance coming a mile off
RvP - if he had got the ball when he called for it then it would've been a different day when we clicked as a team, but he never and when he did his first touch was no where to be seen, though his poke-play/one-touch play was superb, but he weren't good enough.

A

Anonymous

jay-d said:
Kwame said:

Your weird.

That should be "you're weird", but then that you are an idiot is obvious.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
If you take a second and detach ur love for Arsenal, you will realize the yellow team played reasonably well and deserved at the very least a draw. You have to remember the blue team is good at pressing and does hold the ball well but they didn't get a chance to do that today. Any neutral person will leave the field not being able to make a call who will win in 2 weeks time.

Put back your arsenal hat. What else can you ask in our final pre-season game? We have a team to compete and win this league with a bit of luck.

n_henry

Pretty pleased with our display, but it's worrying as hell that our defense is still not up to scratch. Like others have said, Chelsea didn't really get near us too much, but whenever they did they looked certain to score.... I really don't know why Wenger doesn't bring someone in already..

jeromelee

Even if Wenger brings someone in, it wouldn't be to beef up our defense. He's pretty happy with that department.

Smartly Dressed Morris

jeromelee said:
Even if Wenger brings someone in, it wouldn't be to beef up our defense. He's pretty happy with that department.

Is Wenger blind or just ignorant ? The thing is with a decent CB and MF we would be good to go. Oh and a goal keeper too - surely we can get that !

All this "i will only buy players who will improve the team" bolllocks is starting to get on my nerves - we need some serious backup and time is fast running out.

DB10

i was watching the game via the net, so there are periods that i missed, but from what i saw, we gave a good account of ourselves, it wasn't like the FA cup final where it seemed that Manu (chelksi) would score with every attack.

I thought we did pretty well, considering that:
a. it was a non event, preseason, and we didn't really care about the outcome
b. we were billed to get slaughtered in midfield with vieira gone
c. alot of our players are still in preseason mode i.e. cesc, RVP, gilberto, hleb, etc.
d. we didn't have much experience on the pitch. the likes of cesc, phil, RVP, flamini, hleb, hoyte have not played more than 20 games in the league.

the gap doesn't seem to big, although chelski has the same excuses as us, but you could tell that they really wanted to win today, and that we couldn't really care less.........

what Arsène said about the chelski fans makes sense as well, i mean a team assembled from more than $200m could only beat us with 2 long balls. Although, their tactic did work today, i really believe that the long ball approach would fail against a more settled defensive back four ala liverpool, manu, etc.....

chelski's wings look dangerous, but if they continue to use the long ball, they will be wasted.

we should not be too worried about this result, what really matters is in two weeks.....

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom