• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CS: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 07/08/05

Gooner_IL

There is no way Henry should be captain, but after saying that my 14 year old son turned round and said we do not have anybody that can be captain which is very sad and true.

DOUBLE-YOU

i think everyone is harsh because we lost. lets remember we played a strong chelsea side who play with nine men behind the ball most times. everyone says buy buy buy, but vieira wouldn't have made much difference in todays game. we dominated the possesion but just could find that killer touch.

from what i saw

berkamp & pires had steady games but done nothing special. they weren't crap as some have suggested. far from i thought berkamp showed a lot of good touches. if anything i was more disappointed with Henry as he was a tad bit greedy knowing he was marked by 3 men on most occassions.

Freddy ran his guts out, as did flamini. i have my doubts about flamini though. he plays with his head down and doesnt seem up to the technical standard we are used to

cesc and gilberto were excellent especially as they haven't figured much pre-season

cole was indifferent. he done some really good things then done some silly errors too. hey we are only human

Lauren and toure were our best 2 defenders. very solid. as for senderos...it shows why wenger said he wasn't going to rush him into the first team. physically he got bullied by drogba. it would have been interesting if it was sol there. he did make an error for the first goal but i wonder how big a factor the sun played.

helb was the best of the subs. reyes shows so much potential its just a case of fulfilling it. RvP needs games. i wont comment on cygan.

the dawn raids

Established Member
we were ok today; we need to start having someone take some chances at the goal though, ljungberg especially. too many possessions just leading to someone being dispossesed.

im really sick of *****ing about it, so ill save you from a long rant. but we really need another defender before the window closes. id say its fairly obvious really, and why wenger cant see it/hasnt done anything about it (that we know about at least) besides bringing on an injury prone trialist is far beyond me.

thegame24

Established Member
you cant deny we were poor.

we couldnt even beat an average performing chels.

all they did was long ball and they still had more chances.

also what happens if we get injuries? we are screwed

we need a ballack type player, a goalscorer, center back, and out and out winger(unless quincy palys and shines)

Oh and a new goalie

without this i see us struggling against big teams away from highbury.

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:

we need a ballack type player, a goalscorer, center back, and out and out winger(unless quincy palys and shines)

Oh and a new goalie

Does the words, "Friendly Match", resonate any kind of meaning to you? It means teams were not competing at their best? Arsenal were not competing any more than Chelsea were. Cole seemed like he was just stretching his legs. Henry wasn't going full steam.

It seemed like the senior players were relaxing and having fun, and the youngsters wanted to shine. (Except for Senderos).

But give me a f**k'n break, woud ya mate? Spank my ass and call me Sally, but I'll be the first to tell ya that I'm darn proud of me gunners I am! Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself!

It's just a friendly.

dev_atdi

I don't think he has.

What's the use of being good in pre-season if you can't hack it in the Premiership, Champions League etc etc... ??

AFCG7

Established Member
Cygan is ****. Almost cost us 2 goals with really terrible decision - making.. why cant he just hack the friggin ball out of play sometimes?

There's something wrong with Senderos.. i think he is not fit.. i have had this feeling in every preseason game he has played so far.
I am glad he was exposed in this game..maybe now Wenger will take his bloody blinkers off and get us a CB PLEASE.

Flamini just does not cut it in midfield. We need another defensive/holding player.
We were outperformed by Porto, Ajax and now Chelsea in the middle. I lost count of the amount of loose balls Chelsea won in the central positions.
Pires..new formation/tactics or not.. he is not suitable for the CM position..had a crap game really.

One other thing of note.. Fabregas got our goal but he was in a position where a striker should be. We need someone who will be in that box when we are pushing so far up front.

SO Mr. Wenger. Preseason games so far ( including today) should tell you hat we need a quality CB, a Strong tackling CM, and maybe a striker up front. Go and spend the money!

rachael-8

just got back lol

We need to learn what shooting is the number of times us lot were shouting for them to shoot,jesus.

Well the Community Shield is a curse I dont think the Millenium Stadium likes me thats twice now I've been and we've lost (2003 and 2005) both times we've worn yellow, looks like a season unbeaten again though :wink:

I'm also very unimpressed with the effort on the programme front cover, it looks like a 2 year old has been given a crayon to scribble with

and with the staff serving food, 20mins i waited for a hot dog (all of half time, 5 mins into the second half, and i still didnt get my food!)

Great turnout by the Chelsea fans I counted 5 blocks empty on the middle tier, and half your blocks on top werent full, at least we brought a few fans

yonatan

He gets caught out a lot and isn't fast enough. This is why he should just stay back and never go up but he doesn't. Anyway, he had a decent game today, a goal saving tackle or two. The only bad thing was the clearance (was it his?) to a Chelsea player which lead to the Joe Cole **** up.

kel varnsen

Established Member
thegame24 said:

Oh and a new goalie

:roll:

that's as much time and effort i'll waste on you...

Mark

Established Member
rachael-8 said:
Great turnout by the Chelsea fans I counted 5 blocks empty on the middle tier, and half your blocks on top werent full, at least we brought a few fans

Yeah I saw that. Small timers.

DOUBLE-YOU

thegame24 said:

Oh and a new goalie

totally disagree with your post.

1. chelsea were poor because we were good. chelsea are only good against weak teams.
2. no we don't need a ballack type player. we've never had one under wenger and won 3 league titles. we have a goalscorer in henry and whats wrong with the wingers we have now. they have won us stufff in the past. don't forget we have been top scorers in the league for the past 3 years. what would wingers have done for us today ? cross the ball for John Terry to head away. (the same thing he done against every team chelsea played against last year)

the reaction seems so knee jerk.

kel varnsen

Established Member
rachael-8 said:
just got back lol

We need to learn what shooting is the number of times us lot were shouting for them to shoot,jesus.

you're one of those *? i hate those people; moronic fools who haven't got a clue about football. the players know when to shoot and when not to shoot....

A

Anonymous

quick points-

1. We were not rubish. Fabregas, Gilberto, RVP and Senderous were not fit as all joined pre season late. Fabregas and Gilberto played well together in the second half both want to become the midfield general.

2. Gudjohnsen- I have never seen him before for such a well built frame his pace and balance are imense.

3. I am sorry to the 7 year old girl infront of me for shouting 'f** hell' when reyes launched the ball with 3 monster throwins. Seriously where the hell did they come from? They could prove to be a vital weapon as a 'plan B' late in the game a la Bolton.

AFCG7

Established Member
We definitely needed to take some more shots today. A lot of times we had enough space to have a go from about 20-25 yards but as usual we always tried the threaded passes or sent the ball wide.

Anyway... i know we fans arent the manager of Arsenal FC and that Wenger is supposed to know best...but surely he cannot take a gamble on our defense for 2 seasons running? Its obvious where the problems have been over the last season... and its obvious to see that our midfield has really struggled for control in preseason so far.

Gilberto + Cesc i think will be great together but damn if Bert gets injured we will be screwed. Surely Wenger must know that.

We need to beat Chelsea at the bridge.. to break their unbeaten run early in the season and for our own confidence as a team.
Drogba will be all over Senderos again unless he makes a great improvement in his form.

rachael-8

kel varnsen said:
rachael-8 said:
just got back lol

you're one of those *? i hate those people; moronic fools who haven't got a clue about football. the players know when to shoot and when not to shoot....

no im not a reatrd :roll:

whats wrong with shouting shoot in frustration if you think an opportunity :?:

if im a ***** then so was the guy sat next to me and a few others in my block :roll: its a antural thing i do, whether im at a game or watching it on tv, sorry :roll: :roll:

AFCG7

Established Member
Hmm its almost as if Wenger is trying to prove to the world that he can win the league with kids. He may have been encouraged by the fact that we went a season unbeaten after he had made a statement to that effect 2 season earlier.

I hope this is not the case. There's only so much this team can do..when faced with opposition like Chelsea we will have to play at 100% to win. If we are lacking in any department we will be beaten. You cannot ask a team to be brilliant consistently for a whole season..there will be games when a certain level cannot be attained and this is where the extra quality/ experience in players come in handy.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom