• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
It's too complicated to get a new CF in January.
-DCL is injury
-Darwin Nunez and J.David will play in CL. No way they will come here in January
-Isak will play in Europa League.

If we really want a new CF, the first option is Vlahovic but he doesn't want to come and he is too expensive. The second option is Gouiri

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The thing is. I think it is a case of trusting the scouting.

Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Tavares. Relatively cheap signings that every scoffed at, yet seem to be solid purchases.

Do we go that route with a striker and central midfielder? Or do we try and make a statement and land one of the hottest young strikers on the market.

It's difficult. There are risks and under the radar signings we could make like Arthur Cabral. It's really hard when we are looking for a CF that has literally everything. Pace, power, finishing, aerial ability, movement and link up play.

The factors that we really need for me are strength, durability, aerial ability (not amazing but competent, but above all else, flawless technique and touch. I really want a striker who can bring in a 60 yard pass, body feint and make space to get us up the pitch. We need a magnet up front.

I don't like the idea of looking for the next brute even though I would take it. I want a more rounded, technical striker that has class in tight spaces or under pressure.

Scamacca looks interesting.

Apart from Ramsdale the signings you mentioned have been good/okay but nothing transformative. I feel like we’d need something more from a CF.

It’s like we’re so starved of top top quality that we look at good players and act like they’re great. I have no idea who that next great striker is, but if we get another 7/10 Laca type we’ll be spending the next 5-10 years in mid-table.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Apart from Ramsdale the signings you mentioned have been good/okay but nothing transformative. I feel like we’d need something more from a CF.

It’s like we’re so starved of top top quality that we look at good players and act like they’re great. I have no idea who that next great striker is, but if we get another 7/10 Laca type we’ll be spending the next 5-10 years in mid-table.
Striker is the position that you get what you pay for unless you're really lucky on the scouting. There's a dearth of quality options at the moment, at clubs where we could get them though. A 15 goal striker getting quoted at £70m seems crazy really but where are the better options? I doubt we move in the winter because it just cuts the options down even more and it's not like we really need to with Laca & Auba both still here.

Really tricky one though, no idea who we'll go for

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Vlahovic now have 33 goals in 2021 and there 1 more game to play he continue to impress. He'll be more in demand striker after Haaland. We have chance but without CL it's very limited

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Vlahovic now have 33 goals in 2021 and there 1 more game to play he continue to impress. He'll be more in demand striker after Haaland. We have chance but without CL it's very limited
It's difficult to see why he would choose to come here, considering our current predicament. I would imagine he has other more tempting options.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's difficult to see why he would choose to come here, considering our current predicament. I would imagine he has other more tempting options.
Yes since we approaching him he requesting to be in team that compete and of course a CL regular his agents asking big money too. if we be in CL our chance is good still if good teams like city interested our chance is so low.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Torreira scored as well to make it 2-2.

Vlahovic goal was a through ball which put him one on one with the keeper, after a turnover in midfield. Good strike that hit the net high up, to make the score Fiorentina 1-2 Sasuolo.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

It’s quite funny, with Haaland’s release clause next summer he could actually be sold for less than Vlahovic, even though he’s clearly way better.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It’s quite funny, with Haaland’s release clause next summer he could actually be sold for less than Vlahovic, even though he’s clearly way better.
Yes but according to Raiola it look Haaland will stay 1 more year at Dortmund

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torreira scored as well to make it 2-2.

Vlahovic goal was a through ball which put him one on one with the keeper, after a turnover in midfield. Good strike that hit the net high up, to make the score Fiorentina 1-2 Sasuolo.

You're a big fan aren't you? Wonder what your opinion on his link up play is, you reckon he could combine with Saka/Ødegaard/Gabi/ESR or do you reckon he's the type where those guys have to give something up to accommodate him?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don’t really see many options for him. What club has €80m to sign a striker next summer? City probably get Haaland and then you’ve got maybe Man Utd as the other rich club looking for a striker. None of the Italian clubs can afford him and Atletico are probably the only slightly realistic option for him in La Liga.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don’t really see many options for him. What club has €80m to sign a striker next summer? City probably get Haaland and then you’ve got maybe Man Utd as the other rich club looking for a striker. None of the Italian clubs can afford him and Atletico are probably the only slightly realistic option for him in La Liga.
Sp**s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom