• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think so to. I don't think we go for players we need to convince.

The more I see of him the more I want Darwin Nunez. Much more mobile and able to move into wide areas. Combative presser also.

Bayern are no joke.

Whoscored says he plays as a CAM or winger though.

I think we should be all over Jonathon David. A prolific, athletic, powerhouse who can turn with his back to goal turn and dribble through defenders in a way it almost is reminiscent of R9, although obviously not that level.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whoscored says he plays as a CAM or winger though.

I think we should be all over Jonathon David. A prolific, athletic, powerhouse who can turn with his back to goal turn and dribble through defenders in a way it almost is reminiscent of R9, although obviously not that level.
Have you watched Jonathan David?

He isn't a powerhouse, he is more Lacazette than he is athletic. He struggles to retain possession.

I can't believe you mentioned him in the same sentence as R9.

Nunez is also definitely a number 9. The fact he can play wide also shows his hold up play, ball retention and passing is superior to Vlahovic.

Goonger

I think so to. I don't think we go for players we need to convince.

The more I see of him the more I want Darwin Nunez. Much more mobile and able to move into wide areas. Combative presser also.

Bayern are no joke.

Watched him a few times, played against Rangers last year in the Europa League.

Intriguing player, could see his quality but being a young player he hadn't quite put it all together yet. Think Covid held him back last season, but he seems to have stepped it up this season. Reminded me of a younger Raul Jiminez.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He looks like a real handful. Pretty decent goal return for a young striker as well. Bayern's CB's playing so dirty in that video, can't believe he doesn't get a penalty

You remember when we played Benfica though, he disappointed in those two ties, didn’t stand out at all.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What a stupid bump. Terrible source.
giphy.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So Giant Gooner on twitter is saying Vlahovic is an inconsistent stat padder with penalties. The same analyst who warned us about Partey before we signed him. Something doesn't sit right with spending superstar money on him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think it's simple to not look what Italian papers reports unless it's from Florence because Italian papers like Gazetta or corriere dello sport aren't reliable anymore.

Reactions: A_G

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You remember when we played Benfica though, he disappointed in those two ties, didn’t stand out at all.
That's true, but I don't remember Tavares either and he's been a pretty decent signing. I think Nunez was substituted in both matches and managed about 90 mins overall. I get what you're saying, but he's a young player and I wouldn't read too much into it.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So Giant Gooner on twitter is saying Vlahovic is an inconsistent stat padder with penalties. The same analyst who warned us about Partey before we signed him. Something doesn't sit right with spending superstar money on him.
Yeah but he also wanted us to go and sign Saul and whatever you think about Partey he's been worse for Chelsea. Oh yeah, I think it was Ted Knuckston who said Mustafi would be a great signing. I wish people would stop running to 'Twitter scouts'. Most of these guys do this for a hobby and are not working for any clubs. There is no level of documentation or tests required, You just have to be somewhat computer literate and to make radars and spreadsheets like they do.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would personally go for someone who already knows the league. A lot of attackers struggle with the intensity and pnp that the PL has. Hear me out, but what if we tried to be shrewd and go for Ivan Toney? I think he is a lot more graceful than people realise. He's a brute but capable of excellent play and he has athleticism on his side.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
That's true, but I don't remember Tavares either and he's been a pretty decent signing. I think Nunez was substituted in both matches and managed about 90 mins overall. I get what you're saying, but he's a young player and I wouldn't read too much into it.

Did Tavares actually play against us? I liked Nunez a lot last year actually, based on comps, but then he was a damp squib in those two games. Small sample size, but why replace Auba and Lacazette with a young guy who didn’t even impress when we played against us?

I keep saying, we need our next guy to be the real deal, can’t afford no mistakes at CF.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
And saying that Vlahovic is over performing is not the great insight Teddy Knutballs thinks it is. Everyone knows he’s running hot. But the simple fact of scoring that many goals at that age is worthy of attention in itself.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Did Tavares actually play against us? I liked Nunez a lot last year actually, based on comps, but then he was a damp squib in those two games. Small sample size, but why replace Auba and Lacazette with a young guy who didn’t even impress when we played against us?

I keep saying, we need our next guy to be the real deal, can’t afford no mistakes at CF.
Yes Tavares did play in at least one of those matches! I'm with you on the importance of getting this signing right - no idea if this is the guy or not but I wouldn't get hung up on a single match performance (he only came on in the 60th minute in the other one...). I don't think it matters really if he impresses against us or not. Looked pretty dangerous against Bayern Munich in that clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom