• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GLITCH

Do you want us keep watching Cedric and Chambers as RB? Or xhaka continues to play under no pressure to be dropped? No matter if edu or mikel stays or goes we have sort these things out
Firstly, I haven't watched them since that Brentford debacle, so no I don't want to keep watching them. But I don't think we'll be signing a RB without selling one. I personally think giving Arteta more players is pointless.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Firstly, I haven't watched them since that Brentford debacle, so no I don't want to keep watching them. But I don't think we'll be signing a RB without selling one. I personally think giving Arteta more players is pointless.
We need quality in these positions we seriously lacking no manager will get best out of them they are average and that thier ceiling

TinFish

You are practically repeating my points, but sound as if you are disagreeing. If we truly are that far away, what players could we buy who would put us in a position to compete? We have to build a squad and a team who improve together. That scenario provides an advantage and not just an opportunity to compete for Top 4, but for a title. In fact it is the only plan, other than petro dollars, that can eventually put us back in title contention. We can, in a way, follow the Dortmund model, except we would not be forced to sell our top talents to bigger clubs.
Except that our talents in 3/4 years time will be tapped up and sold. History will repeat itself, this has happened to Arsenal in the past and it will happen again.

Players like Saka will be gone in 3 seasons time.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Just sign Aarons FFS. Watching him and his ability on the ball (and off it) is just nothing to do with what we have at the moment. I don't even care if he can defend at this point, I am tired of having RBs who are a total black hole on the ball.

Legend14

Established Member
If we want to eventually fight for 4th place every year then the plan should be to spend our money on finished articles. But if we want to compete for the title again, we have to buy young talented players that grow and improve together as a unit. In effect, considering the resources at Chelsea/ManU/City, we can never compete for the title again or we can start competing for the title in the 23/24 season. I know which one I prefer.
To compete with bottomless pockets, you make your defense and middle airtight, which you can do at a reasonable cost.

Bissouma, Defensive RB, and an athletic CB would have been the smart investments. It seems we spent all of our money on backups and future potential.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Supermarket Sweep Shopping GIF by Tesco

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Easily the worst transfer window of all time, not even close.
The thing is, it's not been bad, most of the players were necessary. The problem is this squad needs so much work. We have so many players who we can't give away. It's going to be a slow process, but i don't think Arsenal fans will have the patience for it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The thing is, it's not been bad, most of the players were necessary. The problem is this squad needs so much work. We have so many players who we can't give away. It's going to be a slow process, but i don't think Arsenal fans will have the patience for it.
It's a mix actually. Signing Ødegaard, Tavares and Lakonga were absolutely necessary and most fans are onboard with that.
What's the point is spending 50M on a CB and sending Saliba on loan when CM and RB situations are way worse?
And much of the problems in the current squad were created by the current regime.

If we had the balls to give Emi No.1 status and sold Leno, we would have a better starting GK who would have been homegrown. We didn't have to shell out Ramsdale money because of homegrown tax.

Signing players like Willian, Mari and Cedric - Most fans were against these signings. But Arteta and Edu thought they were great signings.

Adding to this, sending out Guendouzi, extending Xhaka contract.

Most of these are mistakes made by the current regime. So they can't say "we have lots of problems in squad which will take time to clear" as an excuse.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It's a mix actually. Signing Ødegaard, Tavares and Lakonga were absolutely necessary and most fans are onboard with that.
What's the point is spending 50M on a CB and sending Saliba on loan when CM and RB situations are way worse?
And much of the problems in the current squad were created by the current regime.

If we had the balls to give Emi No.1 status and sold Leno, we would have a better starting GK who would have been homegrown. We didn't have to shell out Ramsdale money because of homegrown tax.

Signing players like Willian, Mari and Cedric - Most fans were against these signings. But Arteta and Edu thought they were great signings.

Adding to this, sending out Guendouzi, extending Xhaka contract.

Most of these are mistakes made by the current regime. So they can't say "we have lots of problems in squad which will take time to clear" as an excuse.
Yes, i can't really disagree with your points here. Lets just hope we get one or two more before the window closes and get key players back from injury/ilness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom