• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Supermarket Sweep Shopping GIF by Tesco

Park Chu-young is available​

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

its amazing how bad Edu has been. Most of us knew he would be bad as he had no experience in European football and had terrible reputation in Brazil. But even this is low how he has been unable to remove players. we have about 8-9 players who will just get paid to train

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
its amazing how bad Edu has been. Most of us knew he would be bad as he had no experience in European football and had terrible reputation in Brazil. But even this is low how he has been unable to remove players. we have about 8-9 players who will just get paid to train

What’s he supposed to do if no one wants to take most of these bums? We can’t even give them away.

benjamin86

Established Member
Luis Campos
Pray I Hope GIF

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Desperately need CM and RB before window close CM also becoming Vital we need serious upgrade on Xhaka im growing sick and tired of him having no pressure to make him ride a bench after poor displays and stupid red cards. the RB we all know its important i dont care about Mikel stays or go but these 2 position have to be sorted before the window close.

BobP

Memri Fan
We need a strong structure, made up of quality personnel, which collectively provides a sort of long-term vision or plan for the club, ensuring a degree of continuity which is divorced from the manager.

Chelsea and City have been quite good at that, as the higher-ups are tasked with doing what I've described above, with managers having comparatively little power on that score.

You need a core at the club responsible for laying out a vision, a core which is both divorced from and above the manager.

The manager is merely the final piece, appointed because he fits well with the vision laid out by the club and because they see him as somebody who can extract the most from the players assembled.

That's the key to stability.
These posts are from 19/11/2017. Almost four years ago.

Club has only gone backward since.

Kysus

CM is the big problem but the lack of quality in that position seems to be a problem at many top clubs.
Liverpool have been trying to fix it for a while and you could argue that Thiago/Keita/Ox all turning into flops is the main reason they are falling off a bit.
If Utd had better than Fred and Mctominay they would have challenged City already, they probably still won't even with their new signings because of it.
Real Madrid is still trotting out a 35 Modric as main starter because there is nobody to take over.
Even PSG, with all their money, are heavily relying on an extremely injury prone Verrati for quality out of CM for years now. He is usually injured in the CL and PSG is kinda ****ed.

Funnily enough Barca the ones who look totally settled in CM for years to come are shambles everywhere else.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All I've wanted for Arsenal since 2007 has been a solid CB pairing with a DM sitting in front of them. Once you have that basis you can build a proper squad around that every top club has it but no never us, we spend big money on awful forwards.

This is just a clever way of you saying Kos wasn't good enough, isn't it? ;)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is Camavinga really just gonna sit at Rennes and leave on a free? I guess maybe he signs a new contract to get them a transfer fee, but I don't get how he hasn't moved somewhere yet.

Riou

I feel like if Koscielny was out there today it would have been 7 or 8 or he would've been the one to be sent off instead or Xhaka or he'd get injured.

Kos was brilliant the last time we beat City away in the league, for what it's worth.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Kos was brilliant the last time we beat City away in the league, for what it's worth.
Was that when Arsène finally decided to play defensive away against a big team and we actually won and he never did it again? Sometimes I never understood him, he knew what we needed to do but was still too idealistic. We should've played like that vs every big club.

Riou

Was that when Arsène finally decided to play defensive away against a big team and we actually won and he never did it again? Sometimes I never understood him, he knew what we needed to do but was still too idealistic. We should've played like that vs every big club.

Yeah...second half of 2014/2015, had so much hope...wins away to City and United, retaining the cup, playing some great stuff at The Emirates, had some top players in the team too...even with the Monaco **** up, it really felt like we were on the right track...as you can tell by the position we are in in 2021, the hope at the time didn't exactly work out :lol:

Don't even think that City team was that good, certainly not the team of 2017-2019 under Pep, we showed in the first 10 minutes they could be got at...but we just gave up after the first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom