• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good performance back in the starting XI. I loved how combative he was when winning the ball back. It didn't feel like we were missing anyone from midfield.

When he's back to his best, that moment he had when he was running at the Luton defence becomes a promising attack for us. You can tell he was running out of steam toward the end of the game.

Just needs to keep it up. Like I said before, he can be an important player during the crunch months.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think we should be selling 2 out of 3 this summer from ESR, Nelson and Nketiah. Still think ESR is the best of the three.
I posted a thread asking this question and ESR was the clear choice. I happen to agree. I think ESR still has the most to offer, and has the most currency in the bank in terms of good performances. He also currently plays in a position that doesn't really have a clear main man. Think there's still a chance for him.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

10 missed game according to transfermarkt this season
So that is normal. He has been fit and ready most of season. Clubs play 60 matches, mik would not select him and favored Viera and Nelson

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I posted a thread asking this question and ESR was the clear choice. I happen to agree. I think ESR still has the most to offer, and has the most currency in the bank in terms of good performances. He also currently plays in a position that doesn't really have a clear main man. Think there's still a chance for him.
The other 2 don't set the bar very high, but yeah, ESR has the quality to add something to the squad. He effects games. Just can't help but feel he doesn't possess the positional adaptiveness Teta loves in players & that's not ESR fault.

If he doesn't get any more meaningful minutes, he's gotta be thinking of a move away otherwise he'll be heading down the AMN route.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The other 2 don't set the bar very high, but yeah, ESR has the quality to add something to the squad. He effects games. Just can't help but feel he doesn't possess the positional adaptiveness Teta loves in players & that's not ESR fault.

If he doesn't get any more meaningful minutes, he's gotta be thinking of a move away otherwise he'll be heading down the AMN route.
TBH, the performance vs Luton was encouraging precisely because he showed the kind of adaptiveness as well as the off-ball nous and aggression that Arteta is looking for.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’d sell him otherwise we’ll be in a constant cycle of the inevitable happening in terms of him getting injured and being back to square one with his value tanked.

Let’s be honest the gap in quality between him and Ødegaard is still too massive if Ode goes down injured. I’d sell all three of ESR, Reiss and Nketiah but they’ll probably all ending up staying.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’d sell him otherwise we’ll be in a constant cycle of the inevitable happening in terms of him getting injured and being back to square one with his value tanked.

Let’s be honest the gap in quality between him and Ødegaard is still too massive if Ode goes down injured. I’d sell all three of ESR, Reiss and Nketiah but they’ll probably all ending up staying.
The smart decision would be to sell definitely. I still like him for left 8 but if we were being smart, we would sell all 3. It would be quite an emotionally tough decision to get used to though.

I doubt all 3 will still be here after the Summer. Eddie's barely playing, and barely trying when he does; and Nelson used up his one rare PL start by running it back to 2021 when he was rock bottom. At least one of them is going. Smith-Rowe, I have no idea what's gonna happen to him.

jake

So that is normal. He has been fit and ready most of season. Clubs play 60 matches, mik would not select him and favored Viera and Nelson
Arsenal has played 42 games so with smith rowe out 10 directly through injury and most likely 5 with fitness. Thats a third of the season thats not normal with exception for smith rowe.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What would be good is if Emile could influence games more off the bench. He’s yet to show the intensity to be able to do this, he seems like he needs starts to work his way into the game.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nelson and Nketiah will definitely leave. Nelson can't get game-time even now, and there will be an attacker added, plus Nwaneri should get those small minutes.

I'm pretty sure ESR has been spared and taken very carefully after his recurring groin injury. I was surprised he played 85 minutes straight, but it also tells that he has likely trained well for a long time and only now Arteta and co. were ready to take the risk.

I assume they don't want to sell him for peanuts, so will keep him another year and try to give him more minutes in the middle. He is #10 for Arsenal.

I assume they buy one DMF/CMF midfielder, and have Havertz, Vieira and ESR for one more year as the AMF's with Ødegaard.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
"He came back in and he had an impact but there were still a lot of things that we had to work on with him," explains Arteta.

"He needs time. He is so willing and so anxious that it can block his development sometimes as well.

"Sometimes he won't understand my decisions but the only reason I make those decisions is to help him, so that when he gets the chance to sprint, he can sprint, and when he falls, he goes again.

"I want a long run with him, not just a short one, and he's in a better place now."

Arteta will not be drawn on which specific areas of Martinelli's game still require improvement - "I cannot discuss that," he says with a grin - but he does divulge a need for greater maturity.

"There are a few things that have to be better and one of those is to manage when he doesn't play because this is part of your career, this is part of being at a top club and being a young player.

"You have to know how to suffer when you are on the bench and you are not selected and somebody else is playing.

This was Arteta on Martinelli 2/3 years ago. Many thought Mikel hated him and would soon be sold, now he’s a vital member.

We’ll see how he performs if trusted against better opposition but Luton was promising.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nelson and Nketiah will definitely leave. Nelson can't get game-time even now, and there will be an attacker added, plus Nwaneri should get those small minutes.

I'm pretty sure ESR has been spared and taken very carefully after his recurring groin injury. I was surprised he played 85 minutes straight, but it also tells that he has likely trained well for a long time and only now Arteta and co. were ready to take the risk.

I assume they don't want to sell him for peanuts, so will keep him another year and try to give him more minutes in the middle. He is #10 for Arsenal.

I assume they buy one DMF/CMF midfielder, and have Havertz, Vieira and ESR for one more year as the AMF's with Ødegaard.
Yeah, ESR will likely stay next season. Not against it at all. His value is not high now.

People suggest he is not a natural athlete, but don't seem to understand how much constant injuries affect it.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
But the most critical question is if ESR leaves what happens to the “rockin all over the world” song with Saka and ESR names. Will other player names adequately fit to replace his? I think it has to be a youth academy player in the first squad, so not sure it will work.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
But the most critical question is if ESR leaves what happens to the “rockin all over the world” song with Saka and ESR names. Will other player names adequately fit to replace his? I think it has to be a youth academy player in the first squad, so not sure it will work.
Rodrygo could work 😜

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom