• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/05/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 422
  • Views 15,586

KingReyes

Established Member
Totally undeserved victory which makes it even sweeter ;D Now the Mancs know how Bayern Munich feel after the CL final in 99.

That aside though I am dissapointed with the performance, we created nothing and at time our defending (especially at LB and RB) was rather poor. The idea to play Bergy alone up front did not pay off at al. Also thought we lost too many second balls and gave them too much space.

Overall luck was very much on our side today but we showed enough mental strength to hang in there and win it on penalties. Well done to Lehmann for winning us the cup :p

thegame24

Established Member
I only got 2 questions for man u fans who question us.

1. how did you win cl?

2. would you have prefered if we won with a blatent dive in the box and scoring with a cheap penalty.

awooga83

Established Member
That was one of the worst performances ive seen from Arsenal recently, Man U totally outplayed us and we offered nothing attacking wise the whole game really. But we stole it we know how it feels, Liverpool did a similar thing to us and really this is the best way to beat them after what thet had done against us in the league.

We had plenty of luck and agree with the Bergkamp point playing him as the lone striker was not a good move you need more of an out and out striker to play that role. The tactics were in general not that good but them coupled with a lot of luck won us the game. Credit Lehmann an excellent perfromance.

Tony Montana

Established Member
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I was lovin' it at the end. I was in the common room and there were quite a few Man U fans and when Viera scored i went beserk in their faces! Everyone was saying it was such a wicked celebration but one of my good mates is a Man U fan and he was almost crying. His girlfriend is a gooner though. I felt sorry for him a little coz, let's face it, we were so crap. If we play like that next season we are out of the title race no questions. But when i think about it now?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Seriously though, i'm worried about next season, we gotta have more firepower when we face tough teams, real tough teams both in the League and Europe. But today,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

thegame24

Established Member
hang on maybe we didnt deserve, but could man u score? no

could they get any chances in our box? no

where all their chances mostly long distance and not THAT threatening? yes

simple fact we defended well against their best chances. they had all the fn lucky breaks with pety fouls always goin their way

end of day justice was done after the rooney incident, God gave me this victory cause life has been ****ty ever since that day and not just in a football sence.

thank u

Mark

Established Member
YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!! What a funny game! It was bloody killing me as we were so poor, but this must be the best way to win the FA Cup. The mancs will be f*cking devastated because they were so much better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jens was MOTM by far. He's a legend now, whatever happened and what ever does happen. He won us the cup today.

Another note, it was a 5 minute final again! :D :D :D

kel varnsen

Established Member
thegame24 said:
hang on maybe we didnt deserve, but could man u score? no

could they get any chances in our box? no

where all their chances mostly long distance and not THAT threatening? yes

simple fact we defended well against their best chances. they had all the fn lucky breaks with pety fouls always goin their way

end of day justice was done after the rooney incident, God gave me this victory cause life has been ****ty ever since that day and not just in a football sence.

thank u

to be fair, they did hit the post twice... when was the last time we were pounded like today? at home to deportivo la coruna a few years ago...?

JazzG

Established Member
oh man that was sweet, only way it could of been better was if they had a disallowed goal which should of stood and we had scored a penalty from something that was never a penalty. :D

Josjos

i always got the feeling this was our cup, they couldn't break us down, and Jens was HOT, they robbed Bayern, Liverpool robbed us, it's karma,

**** yeah ! :p

famous no 10

Established Member
F**king YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a weekend ...my honeymoon begins!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol:

f***king have it!!!!

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jens should of been MOM not looney as I call Rooney.
Wonder what sport headlines will be

Soler

Established Member
WE STOLE THE CUP IN MAY!
OLÉ! OLÉ! OLÉ!
WE STOLE THE CUP IN MAY!
OLÉ! OLÉ! OLÉ!

Eh.

air

I figured winning in extra-time would have been just a little sweeter, then again losing in overtime would have been bitter because we got so far.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lehmann may have his detractors (many) and his flaws (also many!), but he's written himself into Arsenal folklore today. The post-match interviews with him were the first of him i've seen, same for Senderos. Well done Jens.

Feels good to steal a win from the Mancs for a change :)

n_henry

Well, it wasn't how I wanted (or thought) we'd win, but it doesn't make it any less sweet. :D

Gotta hand it to Fergie and his Mancs though - I hate to admit it, but they've really got the upper hand over us, and Wenger looks to have no idea how to beat them (though he just did ;) ). They have the psychological edge over us...

Disappointed in our forward line. After showing for the past couple of months that we *can* get on without Henry... we disappear again. :(

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom