• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/05/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 422
  • Views 15,555

Mark

Established Member
The problem with the attack was Dennis was being played as a target man. This is NOT how you play one of the best shadow strikers ever. Van Persie, as I thought, should've started because he can actually play as a target man. Terrible tactics from Wenger, scared to leave out too many experienced players it seems.

But to be honest, who gives a f*ck? :D :lol:

JGooner

Oh man, this was funny. A couple of mancs right in front of me in the bar crowing throughout the match. They probably broke the land speed record to get out of the place once Vieira scored the last penalty.

We played like an absolute pile of **** today - so bad that I don't think it makes sense to analyse it. It's just the kind of abject performance that happens to every team once or twice a season. An abberation. But I can't bring myself to care. So much fun watching Rooney and Ronaldo cry like pussies at the end.

Heheh!

kanuuu

Established Member
Wow, that was one of the worst Arsenal performances i've ever seen in terms of going forward. But who the **** cares? We jammed our way to victory just like Chelsea have been doing all season and united have been doing for years. I can't name one player who played well for us apart from the keeper, and United were class, but they still lost! :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
We were terrible. It was that kind of match, where they should have smashed us 5-0, but when Ruud missed that header so badly in the 2nd half, I thought "they won´t score today".

No need for player ratings, as we were terrible, a little bit of credit to Senderos and Vieira, but the rest of the team was abysmal. Besides Jens of course.

Sweet victory :D

Sammer

Established Member
We were terrible. It was that kind of match, where they should have smashed us 5-0, but when Ruud missed that header so badly in the 2nd half, I thought "they won´t score today".

No need for player ratings, as we were terrible, a little bit of credit to Senderos and Vieira, but the rest of the team was abysmal. Besides Jens of course.

Sammer

Established Member

thegame24

Established Member
thy cant beat us on our best day and they cant beat us on our worst day.

the reason they didnt score is because we limited their chances to just long shots. and crosses which we had all covered bar the one where van nistlerooy tried to be skillfull.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Fkin hell - what a match , so much drama , so many missed chances and a bitter sweet symphony at the end. Jens was amazing , he really seemed to think that nothing would get past him today , maybe he has started eating spinach.

A result we SO didnt deserve but what goes around , comes around and this more than makes up for when Liverpool robbed us a few years ago.

Gurgen

Established Member
After Scholes missed, I said to my dad, if we actually win this I'm going to strip to my boxers and dance in the garden, and I did just that :lol:

What a fantastic day, what an abysmal performance, but WHO CARES! ;D

Now those ****s know how we've felt over the last few years.

kel varnsen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
man utd need a fox in the box :wink:

finally we play 4-5-1. lets hope its the last time, for all our sakes.

are you having a laugh? we got hammered today and name one time we've actually played some decent football using 4-5-1...? :roll:

patrick42uk

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
patrick42uk said:
man utd need a fox in the box :wink:

finally we play 4-5-1. lets hope its the last time, for all our sakes.

are you having a laugh? we got hammered today and name one time we've actually played some decent football using 4-5-1...? :roll:

kel, are you for or against 4-5-1? cant really tell from your post if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.

chachacallis

This was the worst i have ever seen arsenal play , i was really gutted when Man U were dominating the game.................................
i am so glad we won
Man U players are a cry babies, never seen so many grown men cry

patrick42uk

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
The system can work it's just we had the players in the wrong positions. :roll:

not at all. if we were going to play that, of theoptions avilable, it had to e withr dennis or rvp that got the central role. someone who can hold onto the ball. we just seemed lost. 4-5-1 is supposed to be dfensive, ut with tht formation, rooney and ronaldo were still being left isolated one on one with the full backs. and dont get me started on how we were going forward. no shot on target till the 97th minute? although that was as much down to man utd's tactics.

maybe there are some games 4-5-1 could be used. but i dont think we should have been using a foreign system in a cup final. althoug one thing the tactic did highlight is that our current system, a straight 4-4-2 thus modify to 4-5-1 with reyes hugging the righ touchline and pires on the left and fabreagas just in from the right side. the difference is that the starting points differ. with 4-5-1 its a lot more predictable and, as was shown, easier to deal with.

Kyla

Today confirmed what I have always thought - Lauren is a terrible joke. He's not fit to play for this club - Ronaldo tore him a new arsehole.

Of course I was delighted when Vieira sealed it, but the win feels so undeserved my celebrations are pretty much muted.

All the talk about United's rough-house tactics before the game and in the end it was they who stuck to the basics of the beautfiul game - actually stringing passes together and us booting it long. How we can now ever have the audacity to call ourselves a superior footballing team to Utd before any game, is beyond me.

Also, if Wenger uses todays one-off Lehmann super show, as evidence that we don't need a new No1 keeper, I will tear my hair out

brianfrance

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
OneProudGooner said:
The system can work it's just we had the players in the wrong positions. :roll:

not at all. if we were going to play that, of theoptions avilable, it had to e withr dennis or rvp that got the central role. someone who can hold onto the ball. we just seemed lost. 4-5-1 is supposed to be dfensive, ut with tht formation, rooney and ronaldo were still being left isolated one on one with the full backs. and dont get me started on how we were going forward. no shot on target till the 97th minute? although that was as much down to man utd's tactics.

maybe there are some games 4-5-1 could be used. but i dont think we should have been using a foreign system in a cup final. althoug one thing the tactic did highlight is that our current system, a straight 4-4-2 thus modify to 4-5-1 with reyes hugging the righ touchline and pires on the left and fabreagas just in from the right side. the difference is that the starting points differ. with 4-5-1 its a lot more predictable and, as was shown, easier to deal with.

We need rock solid CB duo and very focused full backs to play 442 against big teams. 1 mistake cost a goal. Remember the match at highbury. Cygan bad pass to sol, who miss his pass too, then goal. Lauren caught completely asleep, goal. Etc...
And obviously we need thierry henry! He's a striker-left winger-left midfielder in the same man! He's our player who move any defense in the world and make space for others (or for himself!)

A

Anonymous

What a game!

Great,**** the way we played................theres been hundreads of games where weve played better and lost (Man Utd Vs Arsenal Old Trafford this season).

Pay back time!

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom