• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Ajax vs Arsenal | 29/07/05

James

Established Member
Happy days. Boring game, but we put in an OK performance at best, and still could have scored about 4 had we put away our best chances. Some great passes by Hleb at the end for Lupoli's goal and for Henry's chance

lodi

i dont know how many points you get for a win,but you get one extra point for each goal scored.

Mediocre game but it is pre-season.

Eboue was awesome - solid defending and very quick, had babel in his pocket.
Reyes was atrocious - gave the ball away too much and couldnt even go past players.
Pires was limp.
Hleb was great and changed the game.
Henry - should of run at the defenders more
Freddie was great - shoulda put those chances away.

Squad has potential but id like to see some experiance come in.

shonsuperstar

Porto=5
Arsenal=4
Ajax=0
Boca Juniors=0

If my maths are correct we only need a win by any goal differential against Porto to win the tournament, that is unless ajax or Boca score 5 or more goals, then we need to win by more :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
we need to put the game into context. i'v heard that training during pre-season tends to be very intensive which does take its toll on fitness during a match. i think that could explain a lot. reyes in particular looked shattered and had a very poor game.

that said, hleb looked good when he came on as did bentley although i felt the latter was being a little conservative and cautious with his passing. good finish by lupoli too. i like his movement.

Allyboy

Established Member
Bentley looked good when he came on, I think he can do a job for us against the run of the mill Premiership teams at least.

Second half performance was good I felt, we were sloppy in the final third but on the whole did well.

First half was bleh.

johnk9uk

if we win this do we automatically qualify for the peace tournament next year? :D

seriously though, good workout, not a great performance but it is not about winning ten nil now, more about the conditioning and match sharpness. A win is a bonus.

Any news on Big Phil?

KingReyes

Established Member
Nice win, A very boring game but I thought we loked the better side. Some postives were, Eboue who did well on Babbel when he came and didn't give him a sniff. Just shows that Lauren lacks pace when playing against pacey players like Ronaldo, Babbel etc.

Hleb looked good with the ball at his feet, great approach play for the goal and also a great pass to Henry which he should have taken.

Overall its hard to judge on games like this but Pires in the middle has its goods and bads. He is not as physical to play central like Gilberto, Cesc and Flamini. Reyes didn't do too well but then again the likes of Senderos, Henry and Cole weren't that great either. As I said its hard to judge by these games.

14teranga

It was an OK game.
Good to see Hleb in action.
Pires in the center doesn't seem such a good idea.
Babel gave Lauren a hard time but when Eboue came in it was another story.
Bentley had a good impact aswell.
GRREAT goal from Lupoli.
Ljundberg's misses were something.
Good performance from Reyes.
Senderos looked shaky to me so did Cygan.
Lehmann pull a good save and made a bad miss too.
Toure was fine.
Flamini impressed me not only because of his energic runs and tacles but he seems to be getting some technics aswell.
Bergkamp is class 8) do I need to say that.
Henry pull out some great touches but was not at his best still very good.
Cole had a fine game miss a scoring chance.
Hoyte was fine by me, did not have a lot of time though.

adrianz

Generally a game to be forget, except that Senderos and Cole have a better 1st half, Freddie miss 3 chances, Pires is a watcher, we miss vieira, Reyes is boring, Lauren is too occupied, Eboure played better but Bebel night be exhausted.........Hleb abit nervous but finally come good with the passes, Lupoli finishing was spot on, and henry finally come alive and the games end.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom