• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Beveran vs Arsenal XI | 02/08/05

kel varnsen

Established Member
great assist from eboue prior to van persie's second goal. a couple of nice step overs and a lovely chipped pass through the bevern defense. eboue looks like a really good prospect.

Canuck

Established Member
Sooo I see that Beveren really pushed us (though we fielded a pretty young team)
Anyone who watched the match or any of our Beveren based members (I think there are 1 or 2) WHo noticed any really impressive players for Beveren? Any players who'll be Gunners next summer?

Sounds like some good link up between Quincy, Bentley, RVP, Lupoli... the future of our Attack there?
Again Eboue impresses the A-M masses. :mrgreen:
I clearly recall some members here being very upset last January over this signing.
:roll:

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Canuck said:
Anyone who watched the match or any of our Beveren based members (I think there are 1 or 2) WHo noticed any really impressive players for Beveren? Any players who'll be Gunners next summer?
Didn't see the match, but I read the Beveren forum. Apparently Né, who didn't play, is very good. Furthermore most talent seems to be playing midfield or upfront, for example, Gervinho (striker, attacking midfield) and Dissa (striker, left midfield). Some people think Augustin is a defender who is good at heading.

Matt

Canuck said:
Sooo I see that Beveren really pushed us (though we fielded a pretty young team)

Beverens first team has an average age of 21 year, so there wasn't much of a difference :wink:

For people who hasn't seen any footage, here's a link to a the news of our other national TV-channel (VTM) : http://www.vtm.be/asx/vtmnieuws/vtmnieuws13uur_Wo.asx go the the 25th minute. Also an interview with Eboué (in french).

Né is certainly capable to develop into a quality (Arsenal)player. Also Sanogo is very talented, he's our own Thierry Henry (also very quick).

Clichy played left back, Hoyte CB.

Canuck

Established Member
Well Ne was on trial with Eboue at the same time right?
I remember forum members saying Ne looked more impressive than Eboue at the time as well . Though Wenger has brought Eboue in and still hasn't picked Ne.
:|

geert

Eboué said that, wherever he is, he always carries Beveren in his heart because his career started here, and he has much to be thankful of. He thanks the supps for encouraging him :wink:
Né was indeed on trial at the same time as Eboué...

This is the second season though that Arsenal doesn't send us any players to reinforce our ranks, so it would have a real devastating effect to lose our best players, certainly now we're finally climbing out of the deep.
If arsenal DOES intend on getting a player from us, I do hope however that this player gets loaned out back to us, if it's in the midst of a season.
Ofcourse I'm inclined to say that none of our players could ever dream of playing with Arsenal :wink: :mrgreen:

Monne

eboue said no matter where he is he allways thinks of Beveren, because that is the place where it all started for him. The other players (Sanogo and Lardenoit) said that for all the Ivorians it's a dream to play for Arsenal, as it is one of the biggest teams of the planet.

Dissa is a good player, scored a lot in friendlies. I don't think it's an Ivorian btw, think Gambian or something

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Canuck said:
Well Ne was on trial with Eboue at the same time right?
I remember forum members saying Ne looked more impressive than Eboue at the time as well . Though Wenger has brought Eboue in and still hasn't picked Ne.
:|

I watched last season's Amsterdam tournament. I was impressed by Eboue much more than by Ne. Ne MAY be a quality player. But if you consider the quality of our defensive midfielders (Gilberlto, Fabregas, Flamini), you will see why Wenger didn't pick him.

Lauren needs competition to improve himeself. Hoyte is still far from being a threat to Lauren's place. That's why AW brought in Eboue. Trabelsi could be an ideal move for AW to add competition onto Lauren. But the Tunusian was very unsettled and had quite complicated situation with AJAX, Maybe that is reason AW didn't formally go for him.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom