• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Beveran vs Arsenal XI | 02/08/05

Monne

here i am :p

for those who still doubt about the score

unlike Matt i thought Cesc had a good match, didn't see him giving many bad passes, ran much, shame about one really bad foul he did, he might as well gotten red for that.

i was really looking forward to see Quincy play, but i am somehow dissapointed. IMO he's to egocentric, for all the nice moves he does he fails 2 times. But still it's a joy to see :p
The pic sums it up pretty good: much standing still actually.

really enjoyed the workrate and technique shown by Smith when he came on.

bendtner surely got some talent. and he has the looks to make it, even i must admit that (no i'm NOT gay)
[img=http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2973/beverenarsenal0435ww.jpg]

man of the match would be RVP. He really needs nothing to score a goal. He even had a goal dissalowed for offside. Was beautifull how he laid in the cross in 1 time. All of his goals were 1-timers even i think.
He's truly a player who can appear to be out of the game and then strike.
Beveren-Arsenal021.jpg

sad not to see AW, i think we saw Banfield and an unidentified person :roll:
Beveren-Arsenal023.jpg

Beveren-Arsenal008.jpg

also got me a nice souvenir, one of those arsenal bottles :p
[img=http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5122/beverenarsenal0186vm.jpg]

hope u guys like the pics, quality may vary due to digital zoom :eek:ops:

asajoseph

Established Member
Hey Monne, hope you enjoyed the game...

Who was playing in defence today? Sounds like we were pretty poor at the back.

What about the goals? Any good?

Monne

defence is bad if u take in 3 from beveren, if they make 3 goals an other team would make 6 out of those chances :eek:ops:

the left back (i think clichy) was the weakest imo

enjoyed the game, missed the first 5 mins though, due to some bird selling the tickets claiming i needed a fancard.
after 10 mins of whining i got them anyway :p

lupoli is a good scorer, but he looks like a bag of tomatoes if u see him standing on the pitch :)

the goals were nice, 2 times RVP with a 1timer and the lupoli goal was nice as well. also a 1-timer from a pass from i think Bentley

asajoseph

Established Member
Was clichy poor defensively or was it his all-round game that was weak tonight? I've always thought that he had a long way to go in the defensive department, but as long as he's got his attacking and link-up skills, he'll be a first team contender, even with Ash in there.

Monne

my picture of him today was just standing still, not even anticipating

good news!!!
i just saw the highlights on my national television
they might place them on the site
here's the link, they might just update it with a vid :wink:

link removed - we cant post Arsenal footage on the site.. sorry Monne...

baccy_man

Established Member
Monne thanks for the pics
as that was a freindly match i would not have thought that either team were trying too hard and wanted to entertain the fans .

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Monne said:
defence is bad if u take in 3 from beveren, if they make 3 goals an other team would make 6 out of those chances :eek:ops:

the left back (i think clichy) was the weakest imo

enjoyed the game, missed the first 5 mins though, due to some bird selling the tickets claiming i needed a fancard.
after 10 mins of whining i got them anyway :p

lupoli is a good scorer, but he looks like a bag of tomatoes if u see him standing on the pitch :)

the goals were nice, 2 times RVP with a 1timer and the lupoli goal was nice as well. also a 1-timer from a pass from i think Bentley

Saw to of the goals on VRT (Flemish tv). think you're right about Bentley giving the first assist (from the right, Lupoli scored from about the penalty spot). They only showed one RVP goal, think it was an Eboue assist (beauty, good run, nice ball through), RVP was a bit right of goal about 14 yards away from goal, beautiful onetimer (he couldn't see the goal, was running away from it, low cutback shot next to the the far post, pure class)

KingReyes

Established Member
Once again lets not get so emotional over a friendly and just because we let in 3 goals. i remember Arsenal losing a friendly 3-1 to some 4th division Austrian team in a pre season friendly, Arsenal went on to win the league undefeated.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
You can see brief highlights (about a minute, only 2 of the arsenal goals) if you click the videolink (link is just below caption 'Video') on the top right side of the webpage below.

link removed

Just returned but it was a poor match from our side.

Eboue was playing like a kid,Fabregas had better days and Bentley....what can we say about him....?

It was good to see that van Persie scored twice,actually three but one was cancelled for off-side,and all three were quality goals.

At the end 3-3 was a deserved result for Beveren.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
folks, we cannot show goal clips or any other Arsenal clip on this site. we can get shut down from Arsenal.com or Granada... so it is just as well that the link doesnt work... please do not post links to Arsenal footage anymore. The links have been removed...

Chicago

USArsenal said:
folks, we cannot show goal clips or any other Arsenal clip on this site. we can get shut down from Arsenal.com or Granada... so it is just as well that the link doesnt work... please do not post links to Arsenal footage anymore. The links have been removed...

if people really want to find the highlights there are other places that they can go to for that(read: the internet is a very large place). Until then we'll just have to keep with discussion... and the occasional pics :(

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom