• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

I think we're galaxy braining this too much. Arteta has a hard on for getting Rice, Partey and Havertz on the pitch in midfield and Big Gabby is the man taken out of the line up to faciliate.
I think this is the most likely reason. Arteta even said prior to the Fulham game something along the lines of "he knows why he's not playing, whether he agrees or not is another story." Makes it sound like it's tactical in order to get all those guys on.

Hopefully Arteta doesn't try to force it for too long.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I agree that there has been WAY too much made of this. We have genuine competition for places for the first time in years, we have more than XI players who are regular first XI standard so some are going to miss out. In an age without 24 hour news scrutinizing every tiny thing this would barely raise a ripple.

On a personal level I would like him back in the side asap with White at right back, Partey or Havertz to drop out but to be fair that would be harsh on either of them.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I agree that there has been WAY too much made of this.

I'm not one of the ones stressing (because things will work out anyways it's Arteta), but I think it's mad that people can see what has happened to some of our other formerly highly rated commodities and confidently say things like this.

There is form for this with very clear repercussions, that's why there is chatter and speculation it's pretty simple.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we're galaxy braining this too much. Arteta has a hard on for getting Rice, Partey and Havertz on the pitch in midfield and Big Gabby is the man taken out of the line up to faciliate.

Let the time run out, the we can have this conversation.

Seems AM is not ready for the concept of rotation and different playing options.

Energoto

I'm not one of the ones stressing (because things will work out anyways it's Arteta), but I think it's mad that people can see what has happened to some of our other formerly highly rated commodities and confidently say things like this.

There is form for this with very clear repercussions, that's why there is chatter and speculation it's pretty simple.
I get what you mean, but which highly rated commodities are you referring to?
Pepe, Auba, Tierney ? Only Auba was an undisputed starter, and we know why he was ousted. Gabriel has been our starting CB since joining. As I said, only Auba was undisputed starter for us

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I get what you mean, but which highly rated commodities are you referring to?
Pepe, Auba, Tierney ? Only Auba was an undisputed starter, and we know why he was ousted. Gabriel has been our starting CB since joining. As I said, only Auba was undisputed starter for us

Tierney was one time, ESR was briefly, AMN was briefly, all sales we have missed out on. They didn't rack up 70 back to back starts but you cannot tell me they were not starters or didn't get healthy offers from other clubs at one point.

Whatever Gabriel does is whatever Arsenal is a machine that will keep on churning, but speculation is understandable. I am not quite sure why there are so many willing to gaslight on the clubs behalf when they themselves don't have the info.

Energoto

Tierney was one time, ESR was briefly, AMN was briefly, all sales we have missed out on. They didn't rack up 70 back to back starts but you cannot tell me they were not starters.

Whatever Gabriel does is whatever Arsenal is a machine that will keep on churning, but speculation is understandable. I am not quite sure why there are so many willing to gaslight on the clubs behalf when they themselves don't have the info.
I am not saying you are not right, but especially with Gabriel it doesn't make much sense for me, dunno

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I am not saying you are not right, but especially with Gabriel it doesn't make much sense for me, dunno

My bad. Yeah I don't get it myself, but it is what it is what can we do.

His technical ability on the ball compared to options in his position is enough of a reason to drop him (kinda).

Gabriel being ever present throughout preseason and not running experiments before the season started gives enough reason to doubt however. Many of the guys on patrol around here have to accept the doubt.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
My bad. Yeah I don't get it myself, but it is what it is what can we do.

His technical ability on the ball compared to options in his position is enough of a reason to drop him (kinda).

Gabriel being ever present throughout preseason and not running experiments before the season started gives enough reason to doubt however. Many of the guys on patrol around here have to accept the doubt.

The reason he got dropped is because we need Partey to play because the 6 we bought can’t dictate play and got a headless chicken to replace Xhaka’s passing skill. I know I’m an agenda merchant but it’s obvious to me.

Arteta completely changed the first 11 dropping guys and moving them around. I get it though last season we were awful towards the end so something had to change. But did the right things change?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arteta completely changed the first 11 dropping guys and moving them around. I get it though last season we were awful towards the end so something had to change. But did the right things change?

I feel the same regarding this.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel the same regarding this.
I know you agree with the rest too, regardless you can see it in our transfers.

Partey was pretty poor post March last season so got Rice in, Ramsdale quite accident prone so got Raya and Gabriel who was accident prone too got dropped. I can see why but not sure it’s the right way to go about it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our best performance so far this season was against City in the shield, played last year's formation (but with obviously a few changes to the starting 11) looked solid defensively and carried a good threat in attack.... Gabriel started this and played very well.

The two games Gabriel came on from the bench we were holding on for the win (one away with 10 men) we saw out pretty comfortably... again he made a difference here.

The one match Gabriel didn't appear in at all, we were 2-1 up against 10 man Fulham at home, they somehow came back to draw (from a corner no less, Big Gabby's bread and butter) and had the best chance to win it with Adama on the counter...why we didn't bring one of our fastest defensive players on when we saw a fresh Adama get subbed in, I have no clue...we were all over the place here from start to finish.

Small sample size yes, but this will be a MASSIVE loss to our team... probably more of a loss than Rice is a gain, that's how important Gabriel is... he's our leader in defence, and I don't see how we can realistically replace him now.

Mudi

He will be sold next season for sure. Arteta hoped that Kiwior would be ready by now but him not being ready plus injury of Timber resulted in us not selling Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom