• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Doncaster Rovers vs Arsenal | 21/12/05

Tegh

Established Member
Exactly, he started off fantastic, even netting two vs Chelsea and taking long shots with accuracy, then he got injured. He came back from injury nowhere near as effective, because he was off the pace, like Hleb now, and eventually got back on form netting a number of goals towards the end of the season. Hleb just needs to get back on track.

Bergkamp's been wonderful for the club, but aside from a VERY rare moment of brilliance - maybe two a season if we're lucky, he's largely ineffective, and all Pires does is score penalties.

Gooner_Girl

OMG, what the hell happened? Sorry but doncaster deserved it and were robbed. I know its the kids but come doncaster are in a lower division. We weren't commited at all in the first half.- honestly, why won't hleb attempt to shoot? When he actually does- the penalty sorry but that was awful. He was in the box half the time but he won't shoot! It's getting proper annoying now. Trying to pass in a congested box, just shoot!!!!!!!!! Lucky i think we were, gilberto did something right but still is poor. Cygan needs to be sold he is useless every game. Senderos is normally good, but that 2nd goal he let doncaster get *sigh*. But at least he can perform in majority of games. Almunia, for once was outstanding. Finally some goals and a win this month. :D

marco

Tegh said:
Exactly, he started off fantastic, even netting two vs Chelsea and taking long shots with accuracy, then he got injured. He came back from injury nowhere near as effective, because he was off the pace, like Hleb now, and eventually got back on form netting a number of goals towards the end of the season. Hleb just needs to get back on track.

Bergkamp's been wonderful for the club, but aside from a VERY rare moment of brilliance - maybe two a season if we're lucky, he's largely ineffective, and all Pires does is score penalties.

Yeah i take what you are saying about hleb i know it will take him time to settle down just at the moment its so frustrasting to see him play especially when he never shoots.
As for Reyes this season is huge for him because he has been avergae for a while now and needs a good few performances.

p.s scored te most important goal of the season. losing to those wankers would have been unbearable

marco

Tegh said:

Yeah i take what you are saying about hleb i know it will take him time to settle down just at the moment its so frustrasting to see him play especially when he never shoots.
As for Reyes this season is huge for him because he has been avergae for a while now and needs a good few performances.

p.s scored te most important goal of the season. losing to those wankers would have been unbearable

Tegh

Established Member
It's not just Hleb that passes the ball around the box, It's the entire Arsenal side.

Joel (whose articles I'm not usually fond of) makes a good point in his report on the front page, about the reserves/youth team playing the same way as the Senior squad so that the transition from one level to another is easier. That's a good thing, but also a bad thing because it's really stressful watching us play the ball around the box. We need a few players who are willing to strike it from distance, and I thought Hleb was that man. However, Wenger, or someone, seems to have converted him and Reyes (who used to have a crack on goal) from players who are willing to strike it, to players who feel they must pass it around the box waiting for an opening that's not going to happen.

Doncaster didn't deserve to win at all.
They played well, sure. However, we had more posession, and almost double the shooting opportunities. Had Van Persie not gone off injured we'd easily have gotten three goals, but Lupoli's finishing was woeful. But, no disrespect to the kid, he created his own chances a couple of times, and that's good.

patrick42uk

Established Member
its the beauty of the youth player. when you play well its potential, when you dont its inexperience. so wheres the accountability? its seems in our case, blame the senior players is the answer. its one reason why worldwide, youth players are endeared by fans and they dont even have to necessarily be of the nationality of that country.

anyway, i think our youth team being special is the biggest con since the iraq war. wenger couldnt have picked a better excuse for not spending.

ccc

marco said:
Reyes first seasom??
probably his best, he has been the most disappointing player at Arsenal since Old Trafford 2004.
Hleb will probably come good im just very disappointed with him at the moment, and people always quick to criticise the old guard like bergkamp pires and lehmann ( who has been our best player this season along with RVP) but no one else like senderos hleb and reyes when they are poor.

was it wrong to criticize somebody who didn't play well? exactly those senior player should take more responsibility for our current ranking. but I agree with you that lehmann was one of our best players this season; berggie, pretty average; bobby, piss poor in most games. and please add henry to the well done list. he was not at his best, but still better than the most of others as I metioned in another thread.

seb_afc

Established Member
song was ****e last night, but then again the whole team was so its a bit harsh to just single him out.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think the most alarming thing about last night was not the performance but that little dance thing the players were doing at the end...what the f**k was that all about?

Whats worse was that it looked like it had been rehearsed. One of them, I can't remember which one, couldn't stop himself once he started, he kept walking up to the camera and repeating the dance, like he had some kind of nervous twitch.

mrsvanpersie

goonerwarsh said:
I think the most alarming thing about last night was not the performance but that little dance thing the players were doing at the end...what the f**k was that all about?

Whats worse was that it looked like it had been rehearsed. One of them, I can't remember which one, couldn't stop himself once he started, he kept walking up to the camera and repeating the dance, like he had some kind of nervous twitch.
That was Eboue - actually they made me laugh... :lol:

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Quick, get rid of them. NOW!

It's a game FFS, people moaning about Henry smiling in the tunnel to KIDS having a jig after 130 minutes of football, BIG deal 'ya'knaw'at I mean.

Glad the same people haven't zoned in yet on Reyes' big ass smiles before a game yet.

Whoops.

Tegh

Established Member
You don't think there's anything wrong with our captain farting around in the tunnel before, arguably our biggest game of the season, and one that requires full focus?

goonerwarsh

Established Member
mrsvanpersie said:
goonerwarsh said:

Could you imagine going on a night out with him, you'd get on the dance floor, he'd bust out his one move, which looks a bit odd anyway, but then do it all night long cos he can't stop himself.

I think Wenger needs to choreograph something for them, i'm sure he's got some hot moves up his sleeve that he could pass on

mrsvanpersie

goonerwarsh said:
mrsvanpersie said:
goonerwarsh said:

Could you imagine going on a night out with him, you'd get on the dance floor, he'd bust out his one move, which looks a bit odd anyway, but then do it all night long cos he can't stop himself.

I think Wenger needs to choreograph something for them, i'm sure he's got some hot moves up his sleeve that he could pass on
hmmmm dresses like a gangsta rapper and moves like one, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Tegh said:
You don't think there's anything wrong with our captain farting around in the tunnel before, arguably our biggest game of the season, and one that requires full focus?

If i'm honest, if he's doing the business on the pitch I don't care what he does in tunnel, he could recite shakespeare for all I care, the whole "Look what a mean face I can pull" act doesn't mean anything, just looks like a front to the camera. Tony Adams didn't have to pull a stupid face and you wouldn't f**k with him in a hurry.

But I would agree that Thierry isn't the right captain.

Tegh

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
Tegh said:

If i'm honest, if he's doing the business on the pitch I don't care what he does in tunnel, he could recite shakespeare for all I care, the whole "Look what a mean face I can pull" act doesn't mean anything, just looks like a front to the camera. Tony Adams didn't have to pull a stupid face and you wouldn't f**k with him in a hurry.

But I would agree that Thierry isn't the right captain.

It wasn't that Terry was pulling a mean face, I don't think he was, the look was of pure concentration. He knew this game was a big one, and he was entirely focused for it. That makes a difference.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Tegh said:

Not sure - being relaxed before a game can only (or rather should) lead to him playing better. Turned out he didn't but he's previously said he never gets nervous before a game so seeing him smile in the tunnel doesn't really nark me.

What did however was cuddling up to Essien. WTF was he thinking?!!!

Tegh said:
Eboue alongside Quincy with his Riverdance stepover's would look great I'm sure.

Yeah, The Arsenal Shuffle TM :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom