• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Doncaster Rovers vs Arsenal | 21/12/05

goonerwarsh

Established Member
[/quote]hmmmm dresses like a gangsta rapper and moves like one, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

You could be onto something there....have Eboue and 50 cent ever been seen in the same room together?

mrsvanpersie

Hmmmmm. Don't get me wrong, but i had a feeling that Terry was putting that face on,for the cameras to "woo" at, and he achieved the desired effect, seen as though the Sky commentators just couldn't get over it - people have different ways of preparing for games, and Thierry's may be different.........

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
mrsvanpersie said:
Hmmmmm. Don't get me wrong, but i had a feeling that Terry was putting that face on,for the cameras to "woo" at, and he achieved the desired effect, seen as though the Sky commentators just couldn't get over it - people have different ways of preparing for games, and Thierry's may be different.........

Yeah, that's what struck me too.

A sort of, look, I can focus just as strongly as Keane.

mrsvanpersie

You could be onto something there....have Eboue and 50 cent ever been seen in the same room together?[/quote]

Care to investigate with me? :wink: Maybe Eboue is a bit like Harvey from So Solid Crew - Footballer turned Rapper......or vice versa for Eboue!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
mrsvanpersie said:
hmmmm dresses like a gangsta rapper and moves like one, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could be onto something there....have Eboue and 50 cent ever been seen in the same room together?[/quote]

Care to investigate with me? :wink:[/quote]

Sure, i've already made a start. I've never seen 50 cent watching a game at Highbury, thats very suspicious

mrsvanpersie

Do you know that Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney went to a 50 cent concert, and Rio dared Shrek to jump on the stage, and in his loudest Scouser accent he began squealing "G-UNIT"! and 50 cent made him an honoury member of G-Unit....sounds made up, but its true, :lol:

goonerwarsh

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
mrsvanpersie said:

I feel the same, it just looked like a "look at me" moment.

sabret00the

Established Member
James said:
patrick42uk said:
when myles palmer says rvp is not a team player, you only need to look at how he got injured. the obvious through ball for quincy was on but he decided he wanted to drive for goal. i know he wont get stick for that here, but surely there is a right time to pass and a right time to be selfish? Arsène wasnt very happy
Totally agree.

In fact, i pretty much just said those exact words whilst watching the match again.
a striekrs a striker, when he's playing deeper he passes more, when something needs to happen he'll try and make it happen.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
mrsvanpersie said:
Do you know that Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney went to a 50 cent concert, and Rio dared Shrek to jump on the stage, and in his loudest Scouser accent he began squealing "G-UNIT"! and 50 cent made him an honoury member of G-Unit....sounds made up, but its true, :lol:

You wait till G-Unit find out he shags grannies, I don't think G-Unit approve of that type of thing

mrsvanpersie

goonerwarsh said:
mrsvanpersie said:

You wait till G-Unit find out he shags grannies, I don't think G-Unit approve of that type of thing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tbbosa

Song, Eboue, Bendtner and Lupoli have a great future a head of them.

Song would clearly have been man of the match if vit were not for Almunia!

I think it was an O.K match, bar individual mistakes for the two goals.

Arsenal_Soldier

mrsvanpersie said:
goonerwarsh said:
mrsvanpersie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha thats true, mu mate went to that concert, apprently sinama pongolle got up there aswell :lol:

stidds

With regard to our reserves now playing like the 1st team and not shooting - just pass, pass, pass etc. two examples last night of this that stood out for me.

At one point Bendtner was running at goal in a similar (although slightly more acute and with a defender close) angle to Robben on Sunday and as he got inside the box I was screaming for him to pull the trigger and instead of even trying a shot he played it square(ish) to Quincy who was on the edge of the area being marked by two defenders.

The second example was when we had a free kick on the edge of the area (about 25 yards out) and we had Lupoli and Quincy (I think) ready to take it and instead of hitting it at goal, they tried a stupid low pass into a crowded penalty area.

I know we are all bemused at why Arsenal do not shoot but something has to be done, we saw what can happen if you shoot when Quincy scored in classic fat Frank Lampard style.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
stidds said:
With regard to our reserves now playing like the 1st team and not shooting - just pass, pass, pass etc. two examples last night of this that stood out for me.

I know we are all bemused at why Arsenal do not shoot but something has to be done, we saw what can happen if you shoot when Quincy scored in classic fat Frank Lampard style.
See This
In one paragraph:

"Wenger's philosophy of the game

Arsenal uses a 4-4-2 system. Wenger is constantly working to refine this system on the levels of both group and team tactics.
The team's defence is very attack-oriented. They attack their opponents early with a midfield press that alternates between a diamond formation and a back four. This tactic represents a calculated risk that the coach and his players are willing to accept (since most of the players are English and French, they have been playing without a sweeper since they were children).
Wenger demands aggressive, ball-oriented defence from his players and cultivates it with lots of practice games in tight spaces. When Arsenal gets the ball, its attack is very forward-focused. Square passes and runs parallel to the endline are to be avoided.
However, contrary to the "typical English" playing style, Arsenal relies mainly on short passes in the opposition's half - until they get close to the goal, where every player is encouraged to take risks and go for the goal with confidence and determination. Errors are allowed, but playing carelessly and losing the ball is forbidden.
Wenger places special emphasis on communication within the team. Every exercise is accompanied by shouts and commands that are loud and clear - aggressively so, if the situation requires it - and successful plays are greeted with cheers and applause. Players are expected to be actively engaged with one another and to cooperate in building team spirit, morale and enthusiasm for the Arsenal style. "

I admire Arsène's persistence in emulating the style of AJAX in the 70s. But passing around the box without any shooting attemp really goes a bit of too far. Maybe Arsène leaves the shooting decisions to players, if they think the moment is right, then do it.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Finally got to watch the game yesterday nite. i didn't think we were as bad ad most posters here were claiming. For a youth team.. we did play o.k and most of the mistakes we saw are what you will expect with kids(besides refusing to shoot..that is straight from the senior team list). We got enough kids with a lot of potential.

Tegh

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
mrsvanpersie said:

Sorry but I find that to be bullshíte.

Viper

Established Member
At the end of the game we were shooting out side the box, well it was mainly Hleb but he had his shots blocked by the defence.

Henry IV

Almunia saves our asses again in a shoot out. No wonder Wenger keeps him around. Hleb's penalty was terrible. I just knew he was going to miss it.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom