• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Maniche

KingReyes

Established Member
I'm with you Sienna, I don't know what's the big deal with Maniche. But I don't know more than Arsène Wenger does, if he thinks Maniche is Arsenal material then whom am I to doubt him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
if wenger says 'i'm not making any major signings' we say he is bullshitting. its how he works in the transfer market. things are not what they seem

A

Anonymous

This player is no replacement for Vieira I hope we got van bommel if Vieira go.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maniche had one good season - It would be a HUGE risk to get him to fill Patricks boots.

IMO if we sell Vieira, which we wont, then Ballack would be the perfect replacement. Not Maniche, not gerrard - but Ballack.

Spending all that money on maniche is definately a huge risk.

KingReyes

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
van Bommel has become s**t these few seasons. he wasn't even considered for the current Holland squad recently.

Are you sure, I'm sure he was included but had to pull out due to injury.

KingReyes

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
Oh okay, my mistake. But I'm sure he wasn't as good as he was a few seasons back when he had a price tag of 15million.

Definately, he was nighly rated a few years back. NOw he's being tracked by clubs like Sp**s and Villa. Seems that the big guns have lost interest.

KingReyes

Established Member
Xabi Alonso would be good, weren't Real interested in him? Maybe they can go for him and leave Paddy alone. :wink:

Maniche is not a holding midfield player, he would play well with Paddy not as a replacement of him. He is similar to Frank Lampard. Van Bommel is not the player he once was, Xabi Alonso is a very accomplished central midfielder but not as good as Gerrard, although a third of the price.

Anyway Paddy's not going anywhere.

lewdikris

Established Member
In many ways, Alonso would fit most the Wenger template if Paddy were to go. Young (only 22 isn't he?), technically excellent, not crazily expensive, and ****ing good!

calvinngai88

Okay, take it this way. Camacho needs one more signing. He missed Carvalho and Emerson. It was reported either he'll take Vieira, if not he'll take a 4million Coloccini from Milan. Xabi Alonso is also linked with Real Madrid. With the arrival of Mikel Arteta at Sociedad, Xabi's more likely to leave. And if Vieira leaves for Real Madrid, Wenger might probably get Xabi.

Adam

Established Member
I think Sissoko, in a few years, will be the closest to Vieira.

And we are still waiting on Yaya.

lewdikris

Established Member
Myles made a good point today (very out of character) - there's no-one like Paddy. He's a one off freak of nature.

If he leaves we'd have to alter our style a little - because he's the link man that turns us from a beautiful attacking team, to a brutally effective counter-attacking team. When he doesn't play (Inter away being a top example), our counter-attacks tend to be based on longer balls, than the more precise style we have when he's there.

In other words we'd have to slow it down a bit.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom