• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marc Guehi

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

My points are related more to the type of player Arsenal should target after Saliba's injury, and Guehi fits that profile very well.

Like I said, it looks like a very similar target like White was, so this rumour is believable to me.

Doesn't matter that much if it's Guehi or someone else, who is similar. I just want the RCB to be a proven quality & durable player who can do what Arteta wants.
That little man don’t fit it. We don’t want a small CB. The last one we bought we had to convert him to RB. He is too small

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That little man don’t fit it. We don’t want a small CB. The last one we bought we had to convert him to RB. He is too small
Sorry to break it to you, but last season White had ~5% better aerial duel win rate than Saliba or Gabriel this season. You're totally wrong.

I predicted White will be the starting RB after Saliba comes back, and that has nothing to do with his height. It was planned.

Guehi has worse than all (~50%), so it's something to consider, but he also is next to White on the field so that side has pretty good aerial ability overall. And Guehi is also young for a CB, so can easily develop.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I will be honest I think height in a CB is mad overrated.

I just don’t get xDawg from him like other CBs out there.

Don’t hate him because he’s 6 foot ffs. Totally acceptable height for a defender.
It's always the same on AM.

-30 year old midfielder like Jorginho is ready for retirement home.

-182cm CB is a midget.

-Anyone who isn't as fast as Mbappe, is basically a snail and should quit football.

Those are the three top claims I think.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

-182cm CB is a midget.

-Anyone who isn't as fast as Mbappe, is basically a snail and should quit football.

Watch out! Fire in the booth 📶🔥

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I have said it before, but being durable makes the player worth more. Guehi has been durable in England for 3 seasons in a row, playing 3060-3548 league minutes per season (3060 season he was banned for a match, so would have played 3150 minutes out of maximum 3420 minutes). This target just makes sense when you compare it to White transfer.

If a player has shown he can play 95% of league games in a season for many years, he gives more worth for money than a player who has shown he can play 70% of games in a season.

That's instantly 25% more value and should be considered when comparing the player fees. You also pay the wages even if the player is injured and gives you nothing in return, so it affects even more than just the transfer fees.

Being durable doesn’t mean much if you’re sh!t.

DuBB

-182cm CB is a midget.

Height isn't even the most important thing for our centre backs.

Our fullbacks play mostly as inverted midfielders (Zinny more than White, but White does too, and often overlaps Saka when he has the ball either as a diversion or to cross)

Because our FBs get caught high and/or tucked in, our transition defence is centred around defending long balls over the top, mostly over the top to the wings, so the most important things our CBs show are:

Pace - we leave our flanks exposed, and the #1 job both Saliba and Gabriel do this season is have the speed to recover ground when teams do the obvious and aim for our flanks. Think back to any game this season. And think about the amount of times you watched G or S beat a forward to a long ball after the opposition knocked it long. Or use their pace to intercept a pass along the ground and nip in front of an attacker. Get the ball back, fans clap, "Du-du-du-du-du-Saliba!!", recycle possession. Which brings me on to...

Strength - when G or S use their pace to recover, in the times where they didn't get to the ball first, their job was to then use their strength to keep the opposition forward near the flanks long enough for the team (mainly Zinny, White and Partey) to flood back and deal with any counter

and then finally

Passing - it's not always about breaking lines or long balls to a cutting in winger, but our CBs need to be good and quick with the ball to exploit any gap they see, but they also need to be confident, because one of their main jobs in playing out from the back is to invite a press, then pass the ball.

You don't need to be tall to do any of that.

Now obviously, we don't want 5'7 CBs, but you don't need to be much taller than 6'0 to be an Arsenal CB

This image is a perfect example of what I just described in the Pace and Strength sections in regards to what an Arsenal CB needs to be able to cover

zinchenko-to-jesus-arsenal-inv-fullbacks-1.jpg

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I will be honest I think height in a CB is mad overrated.

I just don’t get xDawg from him like other CBs out there.

Don’t hate him because he’s 6 foot ffs. Totally acceptable height for a defender.

Reminds me of the time @Trilly genuinely used the word xDrip to describe a transfer target.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Need to watch him more, know of him but havent noticed him as much.

We know what we are looking for now, with the way we play. He needs to have pace, good passing ability and be able to use both feet to some degree. The strength aspect can be worked on in the gym.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom