• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mart Poom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterix

Established Member
A.Hussain said:
i think we should give this guy a little more time to prove himself. something tells me this guy will show us something that is different than what we all know. check this out.

http://www.soccernet.ee/safc/?page=/mart_poom

sorry dont know how to shorten the link.

He suffered a cheek injury playing in a friendly against Iron Maiden!! :lol:

We definitely want him now - a ready made song in Run to the Hills

Canuck

Established Member
He suffered a cheek injury playing in a friendly against Iron Maiden!!
Double :lol:
You know what. I'll give him a point for that.

Also mentions that he organized a good back line...
If he comes, he comes. It would be better than nobody.
TheDerbyFan said:
He commandered his area better than any goalkeeper I have seen in a Derby shirt. I will always wish him well, as he respected his fans as much as we did him. It would be good to see him back in a Derby shirt one day, as we all bow down to the great "Poooooooooom"."
:lol:
Seems a decent guy.

invisibleman18

Established Member
i suppose a past it, 2nd choice keeper from the worst club in the premiership will have to do. better than nothing i guess, and gotta be better almunijoke.
although i do fail to see how he would "add a great deal to our sqaud" although i guess wenger does, and thats all that matters.

Jeppe

Hleb and Poom could be brothers, not the most pretty players I've ever seen...

Don't know what to think about it, Poom might be a good short-term signing, but is that what we need? We'll need to search for another keeper next summer, why haven't we bought a promising keeper with experience. Isakkson, Viera (who's now off to Villareal!) or Akinfeev.

That's what's dissapointing.

invisibleman18

Established Member
it did appear for a little while that isaakson would have been available and the transfer fee would have been peanuts, was quite suprising we didn't seem to be interested.
oh well, whats done is done.

Legend#1

Established Member
Jeppe said:
Hleb and Poom could be brothers, not the most pretty players I've ever seen...

Don't know what to think about it, Poom might be a good short-term signing, but is that what we need? We'll need to search for another keeper next summer, why haven't we bought a promising keeper with experience. Isakkson, Viera (who's now off to Villareal!) or Akinfeev.

That's what's dissapointing.

The long term GK will be bought next season, Jens is more than capable enough for this season.

A

Anonymous

I just hope we have agreed a deal or have first option on a young quality keeper.

Army of Me

Established Member
al_gunner said:
Why is that everyone thinks there will be a long term replacement next year and Poom cannot be here longer?? He is 3 years younger than Lehmann [1969 Lehmann and 1972 Poom]. So please give him a chance before judging him or writing him off.

Who knows mebbe he might end up being the replacement everyone here seems to be wishing for.

i can't realastically see Sunderlands 2nd choice keeper being 1st choice long term for us, unless of course he really turns it on in the 2 champions league games he might play in.

i can't understand why we've decided to take him on in the first place.

A

Anonymous

The only thing he can catch is flys in his mouth. This signing (if true) goes against Wengers preachings-
1. Putting a crap old player infront of kids
2. Signing some one who adds nothing to the squad
3. Signing a player who he does not plan to use as number one

Wenger14

Established Member
Looks like it's a done deal,

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership

Arsène Wenger has ended his search for a new keeper by swooping for Sunderland's Mart Poom.

The two clubs have yet to comment on the move, but a press release from the Estonian FA confirmed the news.

A loan deal has been struck until December 1, after which a permanent move will be discussed.

The below quote is what leaves me curious,

Poom is currently injured and requires four weeks of treatment before he can compete for a place in the team, but this has not stopped French tactician Wenger from pushing through a deal.

What about our CL Game(s), does this mean it's going to be Almunia all over again?

Wenger14

Established Member
Oh yeah btw, it seems almost sure Hoyte's heading the other way,

With Poom heading to Highbury, it increase the likelihood that promising Gunners defender Justin Hoyte will pass him on the A1.

Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy is looking for defensive cover and asked to take Hoyte on a season-long loan, which now looks likely to be sanctioned before the window closes.

Note Link in previous post

HardStyle

Oh dear, we reject Viera who might have a problem in the future, yet we look like signing a player who is definitely injured for a month. Where has the sense and logic gone?

So Almunia for first two CL matches then.

Ratinho

Established Member
Y'know, I used to really want to sign Poom when we were linked ages ago.

Just not now really. :lol:

A.Hussain

yea, whats the deal with that? if poom is injured for the first 2 cl games, then why sign him? all in all, this seasons goalie debacle has become a farce. i expect next season wenger will go for isakson and finish this run around the mullberry bush.

malagar

I guess the 4 week rehab is a blatant lie to keep him away fom the national team . He should start against thun

Wenger14

Established Member
You know what , I'm going to do the unthinkable and wait for it to appear on Arsenal.com or another extremely reliable source till I believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom