• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Need to be playing better against better drilled teams.

Felt he was good in the first half, but faded away in the second. Can't be leggy when he never went to the WC.

Still been really good lately on balance, though.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He needs a good game vs Sp**s, don't need a small game player label for him, especially when he is having such an amazing season.

Was dreadful today, not much else to say

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Didn't have same impact like against westham just his passing was off can't question his workrate and movement it was very good just the most important part in his game was off

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Definitely a disappointing game. The difference between a player like Ødegaard and someone like Cesc is that Cesc really didn't have games like this. He would always find a way to put the finishing touch on something, particularly when we were dominating possession. It's not the end of the world and it certainly doesn't negate the great performances that he's put in prior but I would like to see him raise the floor of his performances more as he continues to develop. On a day like today, a captain can't have as many miscues as he did.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Definitely a disappointing game. The difference between a player like Ødegaard and someone like Cesc is that Cesc really didn't have games like this. He would always find a way to put the finishing touch on something, particularly when we were dominating possession. It's not the end of the world and it certainly doesn't negate the great performances that he's put in prior but I would like to see him raise the floor of his performances more as he continues to develop. On a day like today, a captain can't have as many miscues as he did.
Cesc had many games like this. Past players are always remembered only for good things

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Cesc had many games like this. Past players are always remembered only for good things
Cesc played in a team far less talented than this and those games where he was a bit off the boil were usually against massive sides that we were outmatched against. He certainly did not have games like this at the same rate that Ødegaard does.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
There was a thread in 2009 or 10 about whether it was finally time to start criticising Cesc after some horrendous performances. Not that it matters, every player has them, but let's not pretend previous great players haven't been **** at times. RVP has had **** performances too.

Ødegaard is our player of the season so far, he did great at OT and at Liverpool home for instance, but with one mediocre performance the knives are out..

GoonerJay24

Difference is Cesc had a manager which gave him freedom and didn't restrict him to a zone.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Difference is Cesc had a manager which gave him freedom and didn't restrict him to a zone.

Does everyone even realise Mikel has Martin and Bukayo holding hands on that right side at all times?

I’d like to see Ødegaard given more freedom. Popping up on the left occasionally means he can support Gabi and ping balls through to him or even Xhaka.

Mraven

Does everyone even realise Mikel has Martin and Bukayo holding hands on that right side at all times?

I’d like to see Ødegaard given more freedom. Popping up on the left occasionally means he can support Gabi and ping balls through to him or even Xhaka.
It seemed a bit predictable at times yesterday, and Newcastle were completely shutting down the Saka - Ødegaard link.

It was one of those nights were you needed that moment of magic, and it didn’t come off for Ødegaard.

GoonerJay24

It seemed a bit predictable at times yesterday, and Newcastle were completely shutting down the Saka - Ødegaard link.

It was one of those nights were you needed that moment of magic, and it didn’t come off for Ødegaard.

This is why I prefer Wengerball with intensity over this positional play. Even Peps teams struggle to create chances sometimes.

Wished Arsenal returned to this fluid style that made us big in Europe.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

It seems there is no golden middle with Ode, he either goes straight to the top or to the bottom with his performances. In the last match he was superb, now he seem to have not performed to that level. Anyways, I did not watch the match (Happy New Year 2023 to all Arsenal fans) but result seems ok to me, seeing how NU are of those teams who can surprise you.

As for Cesc vs Özil, when Fab was playing for Chelsea, never impressed me. I think Ødegaard is way better than him with his range of football skills. Özil for me is the best. I will never forget how good he was in the win 3-0 against Chelsea in 2016. However, when at his best Ødegaard is superb also.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The man has been brilliant this season. One of our players of the season. He didn't have his best game but was still trying to make things happen against one of the best sides in the league and the best defence.

KDB, Haaland, Salah etc have games where they aren't running the show or scoring 2 or 3 a game. Can't be man of the match every game.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Only 27 passes in the game with a pass accuracy of 66%… that was terrible from Martin. Not hating on him, was our best player against West Ham and Brighton, but against Newcastle was our worst. Is there no in between with him? Lol.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard seems like one of those characters that values stability and being seen as an important part of a project.

It's not really a surprise considering he got shunted around half of Europe while at Real Madrid. That's not easy for development and in hindsight I think it's pretty obvious he moved there too early.

I'm not saying won't leave Arsenal in 3-4 years if he continues developing but I don't think we have too much to worry about on that front for a few years.
I don't think he'll leave but what makes you think he values stability? He knew what'd happen at Madrid when he signed for them and he's only been here a year.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think he'll leave but what makes you think he values stability? He knew what'd happen at Madrid when he signed for them and he's only been here a year.

He signed for them at 16 or whatever though. I don't blame him for doing so it's hard to turn down Madrid at any age let alone as a kid.

I think in the time he's been at Arsenal he's developed more as player than the previous 4 years or so that he'd been shunted around Europe and I don't think that's a coincidence.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He signed for them at 16 or whatever though. I don't blame him for doing so it's hard to turn down Madrid at any age let alone as a kid.

I think in the time he's been at Arsenal he's developed more as player than the previous 4 years or so that he'd been shunted around Europe and I don't think that's a coincidence.
Don't disagree with this but it doesn't explain why he'd be "one of those characters that value stability", sounds like projection or wishful thinking. He had a great season at Real Sociedad couple years ago and didn't push to stay despite winning a trophy there.

Not saying he's planning his departure already but from evidence he's probably the last player in the squad you could make your claim about.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom