• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Funny how Özil was missing for months in games and everyone loved him but if Ode has a bad day he is already targeted by the fans.

This guy at his worst gives his all, at his best he is right there with Özil and Cazorla, I prefer him to Özil 100%

People would flay Özil… there was almost never a consensus on him. Ode clearly has more of a defensive impact and has been doing very well offensively with that.

Pulp

People would flay Özil… there was almost never a consensus on him. Ode clearly has more of a defensive impact and has been doing very well offensively with that.
Well deserved flaying at that. Fantastic player that was criminally lazy as well. Those "Ghostzil" memes were there for a reason. Didn't help his legacy by cozying up to Erdogan either, but that is obviously off topic in this discussion.

While Ødegaard doesn't shine in every game, at least he does put in the work. That way he isn't just a shirt running around. Even at "off days" he still does a good job for the team. Probably where he has improved the most since I have been following him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That pass to Eddie, was ridiculous, as good as any of our great former playmakers could do...shame Eddie couldn't turn it in, kinda annoying he has no assists yet, should be on 2.

Good to see him getting goals though, especially scrappy ones like today, gives us a new dimension...reminds me when Cesc started scoring a bunch out of nowhere, could be a big reason we return to the Champions League, if Ødegaard keeps it up.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
If only he had a birds-eye view and the benefit of hindsight…

He admitted in the post-match that there were a few occasions where he choose to pass when he probably should have taken on the shot.

He’s been guilty of this throughout his time here. Needs to do what’s best for the team, sometimes that requires being a little bit more selfish and taking the initiative yourself.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
2 things stood out to me from his performance today.
-His defensive efforts in making tackles and winning back possession
-Leadership - he was most vocal I think I’ve seen in the early stages of his captaincy
These are good signs. I really hope he does both at OT next Sunday.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Stil only 23, only about 2 years older than our golden boys Martinelli, Saka, Saliba. But this guy has the world of experience already, captain of his club, captain of his country. Has a few levels in him stil, made a couple passes yesterday only like 10 players can make at this level. KDB was still wrecking schnitzels back in Wolfsburg at his age, our boy is the engine of the Arsenal.

wow unbelievable performance , for me a top attacking forward is when a defender will not rush in on you and also when the defender via there body language looks like they do not know what you will do next , look up defenders against prie Eden hazard as an example , yesterday felt like that for Ødegaard , if he can pull this out against the "big" teams it will make a massive difference .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This level of performance is what I expect from someone like Paqueta as well. Basically a hard working attacking mid who can also contribute with goals. Really feel we missed a trick by not bringing Lucas in.

But this is the Ødegaard thread, and credit is due to another brilliant performance. Another player that has come on leaps and bounds under Mikel Arteta. And I feel he still has a gear or two more.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Mesmeric talent. Yesterday was the complete performance more or less. Range of passing, dribbling, shooting, change creation, pressing.. it was all there.

After being (unjustly) criticised after Palace he’s responded magnificently. I saw his interview where he said he’s disappointed with not getting more goals- seems now he believes and is adding them to his game.

Absolute bargain at £35M.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Ødegaard played like a true captain. As much as people say that sort of stuff doesn’t matter in this modern era of football, you could tell it was essential to the win yesterday.

Welcome change to our previously useless captain.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He was sensational as he has been after a slow start last season. A very smart and technically gifted footballer. And yesterday he captained the team to victory on skill yes, but mostly on sheer testicular fortitude. But I fear what happens in our midfield if he is hurt or Partey is unavailable. We were 12th in big chances created last year. We need signings in midfield. Both CAM and CDM

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Martin was ill advised when he went to Real Madrid. The loan to Sociedad was a real winner for him. Some here should send a kind thought to Joshua King, who practically worked as a Gooner agent to get Ødegaard to come on loan here. "You HAVE to go to Arsenal" was apparantly the gist of a phone conversation.

He is only 23, so the potential to improve is really there.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom