• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matt Turner (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When we lose to Forest because of a Matt Turner masterclass

michael-jordan-laughing.gif
pretty sure he'll make world class saves.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
£10m including add ons is alright tbf. More than I thought we'd get.

If it means we get Raya for a net £15m that's pretty decent business.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Everything below 10m fix is poor, don't know how someone can see that different.

It's not like we signed him for 2-3m, we already paid around 6m for him. In that time he has become the Nr. 1 from USA and was solid during the appearances here too. And 29 obviosuly is still no age or a keeper.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Everything below 10m fix is poor, don't know how someone can see that different.

It's not like we signed him for 2-3m, we already paid around 6m for him. In that time he has become the Nr. 1 from USA and was solid during the appearances here too. And 29 obviosuly is still no age or a keeper.
He was USA #1 already when Arsenal bought him.

This deal has to be looked at in combination with Raya being a bargain.

DuBB

He was USA #1 already when Arsenal bought him.

You're adding too much context.

People want to complain.

You need to ignore and remove context selectively to complain adequately.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
10m is a reasonable fee. Good job Edu.

If we spend about 25m for Raya, 15m net is a good deal

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It makes **** all difference whether he's no.1 for the US men's team or not. He's borderline good enough to start for a Premier League team.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

Not really- if we let Turner go for free for example just because Raya was on a Bosman I wouldn’t be happy. You need to extract good prices on your sales, AND get good prices on your incomings.

That said, I think 10m is ok for him. 15m would have been exceptional.

drippin

Zach Steffen was #1. He made that mistake against Liverpool in the FA Semi-Final and the. lost his place to Turner.
Turner played all the Gold Cup 2021 games which they won. And 5/8 of WC qualifiers.

He won the GK of the tournament.

So.. no. Yes some people still thought Steffen has a chance.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Turner played all the Gold Cup 2021 games which they won. And 5/8 of WC qualifiers.

He won the GK of the tournament.

So.. no. Yes some people still thought Steffen has a chance.
The US sent a B-Team of mostly MLS players to that Gold Cup. None of the experienced European based players went.

He played in qualifiers when Steffen was injured/had Covid, when he was fit he came back in for the crucial matches at the end.

Melquiades

Seems pretty reasonable.

He’s decent enough but isn’t really young or exceptional or possessing a great track record.

They’re turning a profit and this makes the upgrade to Raya pretty affordable.

drippin

The US sent a B-Team of mostly MLS players to that Gold Cup. None of the experienced European based players went.

He played in qualifiers when Steffen was injured/had Covid, when he was fit he came back in for the crucial matches at the end.
Okay, so it wasn't so clear yet. But very clear that Turner had given his showings in 2021, the manager still gave a chance to Steffen afterwards, and then switched to Turner with the first mistake as the clearcut #1.

Arsenal bought him in big part because of his NT showings for USA as the #1. And likely predicted with their scouting that this will happen.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I rate Turner, I wrote a glowing post when AM thought it was another Trusty play. It's clear though he won't challenge Ramsdale and for him to get more chances at PL starts with Schmeichel or whoever else NFFC gets makes a lot of sense. For us to bully for a few extra million just doesn't make sense. Turner is a late bloomer and can't be compared to the City youth keeper (Bazunu etc.) 10m with add ons is fair imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom