• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I’ll be quitting AM if it’s not removed in 24 hours. Hope @American_Gooner takes notice.

what’s happened to him? He’s just got old and washed up, like every other player.

Think it’s also dangerous to question his mentality, the guy has played for the best clubs, at the highest level and won stuff. His creative stats are some of the best ever. He won 4 trophies at Arsenal when we had that barren run.

He was washed up by the age of 28 though, that's not normal. Not like he suffered a lot of major injuries either.

His mentality has been questioned pretty much everywhere he's been. Madrid weren't okay with selling him due to lack of talent. Major issues here and now the Fener chairman saying he needs to concentrate on his game. There's a theme.

Either there's a football wide conspiracy against him or he's not got the greatest mentality or drive.

He's one of the most gifted footballers to play for Arsenal but when you think of stand out moments in big games for Arsenal, how many did he have? Not many. Ramsey legitimately has more and he's a far inferior player talent wise.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was washed up by the age of 28 though, that's not normal. Not like he suffered a lot of major injuries either.

His mentality has been questioned pretty much everywhere he's been. Madrid weren't okay with selling him due to lack of talent. Major issues here and now the Fener chairman saying he needs to concentrate on his game. There's a theme.

Either there's a football wide conspiracy against him or he's not got the greatest mentality or drive.

He's one of the most gifted footballers to play for Arsenal but when you think of stand out moments in big games for Arsenal, how many did he have? Not many. Ramsey legitimately has more and he's a far inferior player talent wise.
What you talking about? At 28 he was getting 16 goals and assists in 32 league games? The season after he got 12 assists and goals in 25 league games. The season before he was chasing down Thierry Henry’s all time PL assist record and got 25 goals and assists in 35 games. In these times he was also winning FA Cups and getting voted by fans as MOTM in finals.

He fell off when Arteta came and the political bs started.

GDeep™

League is very weak

The last bit, he would’ve won us the league had Giroud not missed all his chances for 3 months. It was Özil who was the driving force that season, he was so good he was chasing down Henry’s all time PL assist record, which i think still isn’t broken. Think only Özil and De Bruyne have come close.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
its a bit odd how all Özil / Cesc / Ramsey / Jack / Nasri dropped off so early

the oldest must be 33/34 now & all either retired or been a much lower performance level for years

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I criticised Özil a lot towards the end, but he has absolutely nothing to prove to anybody.

Laughing at his fall off at 33 in Turkish league is a bit..whatever. I laugh at modern Arsenal nowadays and fans who think midtable shenanigans is progress, so who am I to judge I suppose.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
@Blood on the Tracks is all over the place here.

I made a mistake. I meant 30 instead of 28.

Again, I remember very few games against top tier opponents that he ran the show. Sure he was an assist king for a spell here.
I'm not denying he was an exceptional footballer, he just gave up around the time he got the bumper contract / Arsène left.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He got nearly 90 assists and goals in 180 games, won 4 trophies, was voted MOTM by fans in cup finals etc. His record speaks for itself.

1 in 2 contribution ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mes has his issues with motivation, but he has nothing to prove...World Cup winner, plus successful careers at Real and Arsenal.

Plus, I really think losing Arsène as his manager and the fallout from Germany's decline in 2018, really affected him mentally.

Glad I got to watch him at Arsenal...him and Sanchez at their best together, be hard to find better than that for us (of the Emirates era) even in the future.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Özil was playing some really good stuff just before he was frozen out, didn't look very washed up to me. Rejuvenated under Arteta at the start. Man U, Newcastle etc.

I think we should change the guy's name to rent free though at this point as it's coming close to 2 years since he last played for us and he's still getting moaned about.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You still here? You post more in here than the Özil lovers.
Why not? We had huge debates around Özil and why of why not he should be played. Leaving it and just moving on to me feels a bit like unfinished business. Plus I am genuinely interested in where his career goes after leaving Arsenal.

That the Özil lovers don't really come here is pretty self-evident to me. The fact that he wasn't very good both under parts of the Wenger years, or under Emery and Arteta wasn't mainly down to them as coaches but to Özil as a player and person. I think at least some of them expected some revelation in favour of their view once he left us and went to Fenerbahce. That clearly hasn't happened so they probably want to just move on and post some highlight videos to prove their point in their own simple fashion...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why not? We had huge debates around Özil and why of why not he should be played. Leaving it and just moving on to me feels a bit like unfinished business. Plus I am genuinely interested in where his career goes after leaving Arsenal.

That the Özil lovers don't really come here is pretty self-evident to me. The fact that he wasn't very good both under parts of the Wenger years, or under Emery and Arteta wasn't mainly down to them as coaches but to Özil as a player and person. I think at least some of them expected some revelation in favour of their view once he left us and went to Fenerbahce. That clearly hasn't happened so they probably want to just move on and post some highlight videos to prove their point in their own simple fashion...
I also remember you blaming him for club leaks and rejoicing that won’t happen anymore after his departure, yet those have continued, so you have to say you wrong to demonise him there?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Who called him a saint? The argument was always he was still able to deliver but Arteta isn’t playing him for whatever reasons.

Let’s talk about guys who blamed him and has camp for “leaks” yet we are still getting leaks out of the club today? Why demonise him like that? I know a post where @CaseUteinberger was happy that he’s gone so we would not get anymore leaks, yet they still continue.
I will not do any digging in the A-M fossil records, so whatever I said then I cannot tell, but I assume my comment or comments were in connection with overall squad unity and working positively with the manager.

Since e.g. Mustafi and Özil have left, clearly squad harmony has shot through the roof. How much of that is due to them leaving and other factors I don't know, but some will surely be thanks to them leaving and taking their sulking crybaby acts somewhere else.

Blaziken

I will not do any digging in the A-M fossil records, so whatever I said then I cannot tell, but I assume my comment or comments were in connection with overall squad unity and working positively with the manager.

Since e.g. Mustafi and Özil have left, clearly squad harmony has shot through the roof. How much of that is due to them leaving and other factors I don't know, but some will surely be thanks to them leaving and taking their sulking crybaby acts somewhere else.
:lol::lol:Great squad "harmony" explains the low expectation at arsenal?

Blaziken

Are you trying to make a point? If so it passed me by, but there we are...
My point is that there was a valid reason for players being unhappy at the situation we've been in. A good team with ambitious players would not be content at being 5, 6th or whatever.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom