• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’ll be quitting AM if it’s not removed in 24 hours. Hope @American_Gooner takes notice.

what’s happened to him? He’s just got old and washed up, like every other player.

Think it’s also dangerous to question his mentality, the guy has played for the best clubs, at the highest level and won stuff. His creative stats are some of the best ever. He won 4 trophies at Arsenal when we had that barren run.
He also sat around on a year doing nothing when the club clearly wanted him out. Personally, i wouldn’t lose a year of my career.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I criticised Özil a lot towards the end, but he has absolutely nothing to prove to anybody.

Laughing at his fall off at 33 in Turkish league is a bit..whatever. I laugh at modern Arsenal nowadays and fans who think midtable shenanigans is progress, so who am I to judge I suppose.
See this is the one thing I don’t understand about the Özil fanboys. Why the self-flagellation? I hear these comments suggesting Arsenal fans deserve humiliation because some Arsenal fans don’t think of highly of Özil as others?
I love Özil, and I still do to this day but I don’t love him enough to wish for my own club’s downfall. 2nd September 2013 was like Christmas and my birthday wrapped into one and I’m grateful for the time Özil spent here but let’s also acknowledge that he had problems. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone else but let’s stop putting this guy on a pedestal.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not really sure why Özil gets the kid glove treatment really.

In his prime he was a phenomenal player, if a bit peripheral at times. Such an elegant player to watch. Maybe best in the world in his position for a spell.

Seeing a guy with that level of natural talent go through the motions and play social media PR over producing on the pitch is hard to take, particularly when he should have been in his prime years. This is not even bringing his wages into it.

Players like Özil should get the harshest treatment from Arsenal fans precisely because we know how good he was and could be if he wanted to be.
The more ability you have the more you should be pushed to maximize your talent.

The likes of Elneny or Jenko or whoever, you can't get annoyed with. They're average footballers giving 100% they're just a bit crap. Not a lot they can do about it.
Özil his latter years here was the exact opposite of them.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

My point is that there was a valid reason for players being unhappy at the situation we've been in. A good team with ambitious players would not be content at being 5, 6th or whatever.
Being unhappy with a certain league position isn't necessarily a reason to cause disharmony. *****ing and complaining when things don't go right might be one way, but it isn't one I would choose. But to everyone their own I guess.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why the self-flagellation? I hear these comments suggesting Arsenal fans deserve humiliation because some Arsenal fans don’t think of highly of Özil as others?
We have the same reasoning among some of the Wenger fanboys. Just because he wasn't loved enough by some and treated well by all Arsenal fans deserve humiliation. It's posted a couple of times a day by some posters. Must be some post puberty fanboy logic I cannot figure out.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

See this is the one thing I don’t understand about the Özil fanboys. Why the self-flagellation? I hear these comments suggesting Arsenal fans deserve humiliation because some Arsenal fans don’t think of highly of Özil as others?
I love Özil, and I still do to this day but I don’t love him enough to wish for my own club’s downfall. 2nd September 2013 was like Christmas and my birthday wrapped into one and I’m grateful for the time Özil spent here but let’s also acknowledge that he had problems. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone else but let’s stop putting this guy on a pedestal.
Yeah, I’m not an Özil fanboy tbh.

What I said was what I said, I laugh at fans that pretend we’ve progressed somehow since all these supposed cancers like Wenger and etc left. I’m allowed to laugh at two 8th placed finishes in a row.

As much as you guys try to put this on me because I don’t agree with some of you, I don’t wish things on the club. It was you guys who bumped the thread to celebrate a man’s downfall long after he’s left the club not me :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Nah watching this, this guy was the best thing to happen to us in our entire Emirates era period and I won’t hear otherwise.

God bless this man. Completely forgot about this guy, thank you AM for reminding me of the good times. The final WC player at the Emirates.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Nah watching this, this guy was the best thing to happen to us in our entire Emirates era period and I won’t hear otherwise.

God bless this man. Completely forgot about this guy, thank you AM for reminding me of the good times. The final WC player at the Emirates.

Alexis was twice the player

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Macho going all in on Mes these past 2 days :lol:

Can't blame him...Özil is the best there is, the best there was and best there ever will be.

Riou

We were only 4 points away from United in 2008, plus we got to our only Champions League final in 2006.

So we were closer to winning something major with Cesc, tbf.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Jheeze, a REAL no.10 must be nice man.
Looking at the finishing from his teammates he must feel right at home.

Your man went from playing with Modric, Kaká, Xabi Alonso, Essien, Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain and Di Maria to playing with Coquelin, Wilshere (injured), Cazorla, Ramsey, Ox, Rosicky (injured and 32), Walcott, Giroud, Sanogo, Podolski the next season. Yet people expected him to deliver better than he did.

That the thread is still going strong is ridiculous given the reason it got bumped in the first place.
Özil's playmaker, not a goalgetter. We surrounded him without the quality up front that he needed to finish the chances he created.

Place Özil in the teams we had pre-Emirates and it would be a very different story.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Wallahi I’d trade all 8 years of Cesc’s Arsenal career for 1 more season of prime Özil, we might have won something serious.

Almost broke Henry’s record with donkey Giroud upfront that’s superhuman tbh.

2015/16 Özil was an absolute joy to watch. He made trash like Giroud and Joel Campbell look half decent.

Just our luck that we couldn’t manage to pair Özil with a top striker like RVP or Luis Suarez.

Only real recognise real quality.

Riou

Not really just remembering the good times when he was actually allowed to play.

I don’t think this club will ever sign a superstar like that again.

Auba was a big signing, tbf.

But in terms of all-round ability, mixed with that big time feel...could he a while before we get someone to match that Özil/Sanchez period.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Like comparing apples and oranges, man. They were great at each their own part of the game. Can't compare them like that.

I disagree, two attacking players can never be like apples and oranges (imo). Alexis could take a game by the scruff of its neck, something Özil more often than not lacked

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Latest posts

Top Bottom