• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 03/01/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Hleb

• Gilberto

• Fabregas

• Reyes

• Pires

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wer

Reyes. Been great for the last few games too. i seriously think that if we are going to get the 4th spot, he must start as many game as possible. thought we would have won if Pires put away his chances but i believe that once he start scoring, he wont stop.

chandraraj

definitely reyes. as the commentator said, he played with an agenda. i don't have a clue why he was substituted.

raphael_as

Difficult one this - Firstly, a fantastic performance by the team, I had fears for this one, but in the end we looked good enough to come out of it with 3 points.

On pure performance Reyes and Toure, but in terms of improvement Sol and Gilberto were both different players from what has been on display since December and approaching what I expect from world-class players like them.

Hleb finally showed some inkling of what he is capable of as a playmaker, and Pires looked up for it and getting back to some sort of form, although as a general comment I felt that He, Henry, Hleb and Reyes were often out-of-sync, something that we can hopefully work on (if we ever get any consistency in Wenger's selections).

Cygan deserves special praise because I (and a lot of others) thought he was going to get murdered by Ronaldo/Rooney/Van Nistleroy but he dealt with it pretty well the whole game with cover from his midfield.

All-in-all Reyes for me though, not only for his play (most encouraging for me was his movement off the ball, especially when playing off Henry's drifting to the left and in back-tracking to cover Cygan on defence) but also for his spirit. On this sort of performance I hope he starts every game.

Fin_Gooner

My choice is definitely Gilberto. This time he did everything right. He cut passes, fouled when needed and even passed well. Now he played at the level I knew he was capable of.

bobo69

cygan for me. the guy is useless as a LB but he held it together and didnt let the pressure get to him ... if he had we could have lost it in a big way.

well done that tall bald fellow. he did the right thing by hacking down that portugese chav a few times played within his limits and intellegently (up to a point). ie he fillfilled his role in a crucial position which under the circumstances holds more value than anyother regular doing the same.

it was more important for us not to lose than to win imho...

cygan is the weak link but wasnt on the night. give him 10 bottles of champagne (and a p45 at the end of the season pls!!!) just for that.

Wenger14

Established Member
Reyes for me. The lad's in fine form, let's just hope he keeps it up for a longer period of time.

Sol, Gilberto, Kolo, Hleb, Cesc, Pires, Lehman had good games as well.

Henry was disappointing in my eyes, Cygan was above average and Lauren solid.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Reyes.

Redfined the term human dynamo last night.

Kolo and Sol were superb, Pires looked like he might be rediscovering his mojo (just in time for contract renegotiations- coincidence?)

And I thought Cygan did well, although he can look a bit desperate at times.

Tegh

Established Member
Cygan was caught out a few times at the back, but Reyes made sure he made life as easy as possible for him with some fine tracking back. I really wish Cygan had flicked that header towards goal, VDS would have had to make a hard save, instead of heading it out towards the d-area.

DannyGooner1982

The ever-improving, sparkling Reyes..with Toure not far behind.

THumbs up to Cygan too....with the exception of his typical gaffes, he defended quite solidly!

Ratinho

Established Member
Yep, apart from his shocking positional sense, running randomly off into the distance, shocking pass choices and the fact that 90% of his tackles made were results of him recovering his own errors, Cygan was magnificent.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
whoztheman said:
the actual heroes-the defenders-go unsung again. :rolling eyes:

Stop being such a ****. How many people have mentioned Kolo and Sol in their posts? Hardly unsung, are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom