• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nuno Tavares (Out-Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Fabre04

Nobody wants him what we supposed to do about that? He went on loan and did fk all when he could have done well and got himself a good move like Balo did. Only has himself to blame tbf.
I don’t know - players like Lokonga, Holding etc. I get. Was a little surprised there was no interest in players like Tierney and Tavares

Leads me to think we‘re doing something wrong with our selling (not engaging the right agents or something). Then again, not an expert in transfer market dynamics

shoom

I don’t know - players like Lokonga, Holding etc. I get. Was a little surprised there was no interest in players like Tierney and Tavares

Leads me to think we‘re doing something wrong with our selling (not engaging the right agents or something). Then again, not an expert in transfer market dynamics
The wages play a big part, smaller clubs just aren't paying £100k a week for a left back. But yeah, still feel Edu's fumbled it with Tierney.

Mudi

Had to look Murillo up, some chubby midget centre back with 10 league appearances in Brazil. Tavares played in three European top leagues, CL experience etc and they still got more for him :lol:
It is that Tavares snubbed them first as he wanted to join Villa...

Otherwise we would have gotten €15m ourselves for Tavares.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Had to look Murillo up, some chubby midget centre back with 10 league appearances in Brazil. Tavares played in three European top leagues, CL experience etc and they still got more for him :lol:
But fam, it’s not Edu’s fault. He’s a very competent DoF. He’s just been dealt a bad hand

ClubLevel

Option to buy terrible. £12m as well.

Forgetting how they've lowballed us....if he bombs at forest no one will pay anywhere near £12m and we are stuck with him. Maybe we've added a sell on clause as Forest are like a revolving door with ins and outs.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Why a 12M option? Most likely they wont go for it. If however he does really well and they want to buy him, 12M is way too low. He has some outstanding physical qualities. Either you give them an obligation to buy for 10M minimum or you set the option at 20M at least
Exactly right, not a great deal for us either way in this particular deal. 12M with obligation or at least 20M with option. He has some amazing physical attributes. Imagine if he develops a football brain to go with his physical attributes :lol: :lol: 40m easy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Exactly right, not a great deal for us either way in this particular deal. He has some amazing physical attributes. Imagine if he develops a football brain to go with his physical attributes :lol: :lol: 40m easy.
A player that you have no intention of using has little value to you. Our coaches seen him everyday in training and came to the conclusion he is not worth having around even after Tierney left and the club having 1 left back. We see Tomiyasu a rb and kiwior a cb as better option as left back. You cant worry about what if become good one day once you don’t want him. Otherwise no point in selling any young player

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
A player that you have no intention of using has little value to you. Our coaches seen him everyday in training and came to the conclusion he is not worth having around even after Tierney left and the club having 1 left back. We see Tomiyasu a rb and kiwior a cb as better option as left back. You cant worry about what if become good one day once you don’t want him. Otherwise no point in selling any young player
Happy to sell him even if he develops a football brain, as he is still not an upgrade on our current players, particularly given how we play. 12M is just a poor option to buy amount, he will definitely be worth a lot more than 12M in the PL if he plays well enough for forest to buy him.

At his age, a couple of good games in the Pl means you are worth more than 12m. Forest want more than 50M for brennan johnson

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not the best deal for us especially when the rumour was they were open to buy him at around 13m which was decent.

However you have to look at it the other way.
if Nuno wasn't open to a permanent move to Forest there is not a lot we can do & you can't pin that on EDU.🤔

Loan with option probably suits the player & Forest. If they get relegated/he does poorly they won't want him & tbf Nuno won't want the Championship.

People on here really need to realise in actual life transfers aren't always simple like on football manager.
3 parties ALL have to be happy.

Anyhow good luck to Nuno hope he does well & shows decent product throughout the season.

If you are a betting man though you go for start pretty well, then fade & not end up in Nottingham long term🫣

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not the best deal for us especially when the rumour was they were open to buy him at around 13m which was decent.

However you have to look at it the other way.
if Nuno wasn't open to a permanent move to Forest there is not a lot we can do & you can't pin that on EDU.🤔

Loan with option probably suits the player & Forest. If they get relegated/he does poorly they won't want him & tbf Nuno won't want the Championship.

People on here really need to realise in actual life transfers aren't always simple like on football manager.
3 parties ALL have to be happy.

Anyhow good luck to Nuno hope he does well & shows decent product throughout the season.

If you are a betting man though you go for start pretty well, then fade & not end up in Nottingham long term🫣
You mention both the player’s wish as well as the clubs. If Nuno doesn’t want to go there permanently, then why would you include an option? If he does well he’s going there permanently.

Forest was ready to pay for him, which means they have singled him out as a player they want. It’s also a position of need for them. So why not make it a straight loan? It gives the player an incentive to do well and position himself for next summer. It gives us leverage if he does as he’ll be worth more than £13m and if he doesn’t do well it doesn’t really change anything as we wouldn’t get money for him anyways.

Now ofc maybe Forest would refuse such a deal, but it wouldn’t make too much sense given their situation. And I’m quite certain that some team would’ve come in for him on a loan come deadline day regardless.

Feel we played our hand a bit weakly here

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You mention both the player’s wish as well as the clubs. If Nuno doesn’t want to go there permanently, then why would you include an option? If he does well he’s going there permanently.

Forest was ready to pay for him, which means they have singled him out as a player they want. It’s also a position of need for them. So why not make it a straight loan? It gives the player an incentive to do well and position himself for next summer. It gives us leverage if he does as he’ll be worth more than £13m and if he doesn’t do well it doesn’t really change anything as we wouldn’t get money for him anyways.

Now ofc maybe Forest would refuse such a deal, but it wouldn’t make too much sense given their situation. And I’m quite certain that some team would’ve come in for him on a loan come deadline day regardless.

Feel we played our hand a bit weakly here
It's an interesting take.
Not too sure tbh maybe it was a gentleman's agreement between the clubs as that was the agreed fee?

I reckon Nuno needs selling on the move.
Prepared to go on loan & see how it goes but didn't want to commit to Forest.

Not ideal for our side but what can we do? At least we got a loan fee also.

Maybe someone doesn't come in on deadline day or does so with less favourable terms as we are desperate?

We still have to try & sort out something for Sambi, Pepe & Roberto H in the next 48 hours & don't even get me started on Cedric lol.
Also we may have to react to any surprises in the market so probably just felt it was safer to do the deal & get it out of the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom