• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea | 22nd August | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Match Result Predictions

• Arsenal

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Well, at least we looked decent for the first 13 minutes...

Silly defensive mistakes for the goals (which seems to be a given nowadays), and as the game went on it really became a worse and worse toothless performance. We can be so tentative on the attack its infuriating, something is definitely going to have to change if we are to start scoring any amount of goals at a decent rate.

Mari absolutely manhandled as was expected, but still painful to watch. Cedric a joke, Tierney with a bit of stinker, Saka not looking fully fit, Balogun not ready, Martinelli not able to get going in such a flaccid attack. Pepe looked promising, I really appreciate ESR's drive to keep the play positive though even he became warped by the end of the match. Lokonga with a couple of nice early passes...

All in all, the gulf in quality is there for all to see and - as underwhelming as Arteta has been - I'm not sure there is a manager in the world who could close that gap in any meaningful way with any immediacy. Will be a long, long time before we are properly competing again I reckon.

Painful days, it's all pain :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Remember when we were outclassed under Wenger by City, United and Chelsea at times and Neville just slaughtered Wenger and the players, I see the goalposts have shifted now.

I remember Neville praising Emery too when we lost 3-1 to Liverpool.

If we even lost 1-0 under Wenger he'd be slaughtering us calling us soft, saying how Wenger doesn't sign the right players and he's arrogant tactically.

If Özil was playing today, Gary Neville would have been sticking the knife in and saying he’s pathetic etc.

Remember how he destroyed him when we played City?

:facepalm:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Remember when we were outclassed under Wenger by City, United and Chelsea at times and Neville just slaughtered Wenger and the players, I see the goalposts have shifted now.

If we even lost 1-0 under Wenger he'd be slaughtering us calling us soft, saying how Wenger doesn't sign the right players and he's arrogant tactically.
Tbf Neville was having a fit during the 3-0 loss against Liverpool, claiming the front 3 had fallen out with Arteta

Rattata

Because between Wenger getting destroyed in those games and today Neville tried to be manager at Valencia. Since then he's always blaming the players and praising the manager.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again i repeat myself play to your team strength and the players available Arteta has to stop using that inverted fullbacks or be perfect playing from back we trying that with plsyers that so much level below level required and young players are still learning.

Play to your team strength!

Wiggins

Mikel Arteta: Squad killer.

I can't think of a player he hasn't ruined since he joined us. Ironically, he's managed to improve Xhaka. Strange days.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What worries me is when @HairSprayGooners , @Blankety Blank , @grange , @Jury , @AbouCuéllar @DUFFMAN and a few others finally see what we’re all seeing, there’ll be no one left to banter with. That’ll be a sad day on here, gonna be dull.
What are you on about? I was Arteta out as soon as we lost to Villarreal. **** managers who aren't performing, go. Wenger had to go because he sucked ass, as did Emery and so does this mug. It's not complicated.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I think it's because with Wenger he knew we were capable of doing even more. Now we are so bad that people doesnt even bother. No one expects something from us but lose, and losing by 2 goals is a "good result". So it's even more depressing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The expression “Men against boys” has been used to describe us in big matches for a while now. Chelski and Yanited have come to The Emirates a few times and swept us aside. At least today we didn’t go under and concede 4/5.

Sure, by the likes of Patrice Evra it wasn't true then. We used to beat Chelsea and United with Denilson in midfield and Eboue at RB/RW
Mate, Drogba used to bully the **** out of us. The Ancelotti team with Malouda and Anelka ripped us 4-1 at the Emirates. We lost 6-0 to Mourinho at Stamford Bridge. Toe to toe?

I did say pre 2015. Even in that season we lost 6-0, we beat Liverpool in the cup, Sp**s in the cup and twice in the league. The season before we won at Anfield and beat the ****

Let us not rewrite history and pretend we've been getting spanked in big games since time immemorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom