• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 25/03/05

Kum_Arsenal

a good match for Arsenal.

Lots of opportunities but only one goal.

another clean sheet.

and chelsea title celeb. on hold. :)

well done Arsenal. :)

I want Arsenal to postpone the clelsea celeb. as much as possible. :)

KingReyes

Established Member
1-0 in your cup final!
1-0 in your cup final!

A good solid performance last night, the first half was very good barring the chance Defoe had. A great finish by Reyes which gave his confidence a boost, also RVP had a good first half his first touch really is quality and the pass to Reyes where we should have scored was Bergkampesque. Cesc is ****ing awesome though, he really isn't scared of anything and the pass to Reyes for the goal after going past a couple of Yids was quality. Thought we dropped a bit in the second however the introduction of Bergy and Edu really made a difference and we lifted our game again. Tottenham to their credit did not play 4-5-1 defensive and made a go of it but we were solid at the back. Another good game from Senderos and Kolo but I thought as a team we defended well Gilberto and Vieira were vital in the air.

We are really playing much better but what we should take from last nights game and this season is the quality of the youngsters. If they all stay and fullfill their potential then the future is very bright. Cole, Kolo, Senderos, Cesc, RVP, Reyes are all under the age of 25 not forgetting the likes of Clichy, Flamini, Quincy etc. While the likes of Henry, Vieira, Gilberto, Freddie etc are all at their peak, add a signing or two in the right positions and we will have a very talented squad on our hands, probably the best Wenger has ever had.

The future is bright, the future is Red and White!

galaxyheight

and one good thing. we won two and draw one in our last three games without henry. we did all these without henry. hopefully we can stop overelying on hnery in getting goals and winning the game.

Double_H

Established Member
galaxyheight said:
and one good thing. we won two and draw one in our last three games without henry. we did all these without henry. hopefully we can stop overelying on hnery in getting goals and winning the game.

actully i dont remeber us losing without Henrry

but when Henrry is there its Double The Power we have

you cant replace Henrry

sabret00the

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
patrick42uk said:
as for cesc, i said after the sheff united game that this kid can play a wide role. all i kept hearing was 'he isnt a winger', which is odd because the only winger we have at arsenal is henry. ljungberg aint a winger and pires certainly aint. if he can improve in the wide position, he has a good shout of being pires' replacement. this role allows him to attack far more than in the center. besides, he is 5th choice cm so its probably the only way he can get games for the next 3 years.

I might not agree with it, but I could envisage Wenger doing this. He seems to be grooming him for that position.
i definately wouldn't agree with patrick, he's neither a winger of a wideman, maybe in 2-3 years when he's got the maturity to stay in a wide role and pick his moments to play through the centre but he seldom went back to the wing which is something that even Bobby and Freddie understand the need to do.

tbbosa

Great perfomance from the guys. Am in love with Gilberto...the guy is just too effective, it what we have missed all season. Senderos will give Sol lots to think of. Cesc, Vieira, Toure and Reyes were also great. Lauren has been one of the most consistent palyers we have had.!

Well done to The Arsenal. The **** cannot beat us still!! :roll:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Enjoyable game, solid result.

I didn't enjoy my brief liason with spuds fans outside the ground quite so much, especially when one offered to deposit a recently aquired road sign on my head, but then good manners never were their strong point.

kanuuu

Established Member
Gilberto played well last night, but his hair is a state, he needs to shave it all off now.

_41075771_kanoute300.jpg

:lol:

MK5

Soler said:
gunner_down_under said:
did some sections of the crowd boo when edu got the ball??...or was it the JD and coke?

Of course not.

"Eddddoooooooo"

"Kaaanoooooo"

etc

That's a good point. Noone would notice if we were booing him :lol:

Spartan

Beany said:

I didn't enjoy my brief liason with spuds fans outside the ground quite so much, especially when one offered to deposit a recently aquired road sign on my head, but then good manners never were their strong point.
whereabouts was that mate??

we started singing 'we're not turning riggghhhttt!!' in the west stand :lol:

my workmate was in the **** end and when they were leaving he over heard a copper saying this is quiet for a north london derby, i wish something would happen!!

nearly kicked off in the clock end after the final whistle. a few spuds got beats with truncheons!! haha

KingReyes

Established Member
To all those that went, i heard the chant "Your support is ****ing ****!" I hope that came from our fans.

Maybe someone can do a view from the stands if possible.

quattro

great game of football. aside from that flash header by keane i'd say we never looked like conceding. massive improvement overall and i hope that strike gave reyes the confidence he needs to finish this season strong.

1-0 the arsenal. the score flatters the scums i know but a great display nonetheless from the mighty again gunners.

Spartan

yeah that was from us for a change...they shut up after we scored!!

this bloke in pink got slated big time!! :lol:

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Brilliant atmosphere last night, it just shows what we can do when we put our minds to it. For big games like the mancs this season and yesterday our support has been first class. For no mark teams like Fulham and Norwich it is terrible, but when it counts we can do it.

Clock End was buzzing last night, even the West Stand were getting in on the singing! Outsung the yids all game, who I thought were terrible. But I suppose it is understandable when you have to watch that shower everyweek and have the piss taken out of you for 90 minutes.

They werent so mouthy after the game either. :wink:

Thought the whole team played well, but it should have been a lot more.
Reyes, Senderos, Van Persie, Cesc, Cole, Kolo were all great and are all young aswell. It is looking very good for next season.

A couple of big name signings and im confident we win the league again.

oh and :lol: at Andy Reid. Fat irish pikey - seven million? youre havin a larffff!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Spartan said:
Beany said:

whereabouts was that mate??

we started singing 'we're not turning riggghhhttt!!' in the west stand :lol:

my workmate was in the **** end and when they were leaving he over heard a copper saying this is quiet for a north london derby, i wish something would happen!!

nearly kicked off in the clock end after the final whistle. a few spuds got beats with truncheons!! haha

happened walking down to the new stadium, outside the Drayton Arms.

MK5

I was at West Lower and the atmosphere surely was terrific! Although I don’t think anything can beat the first 20 minutes against Chelski this season at least last night came very close to it.

After watching the youngsters, Phil, Fabregas, RvP and even Reyes, last night I got that, Wenger’s done it again, hasn’t he? Feeling. When everybody (well a lot of people anyway) thinks he’s lost it he just comes out on top in the end as usual. I’m sure Arsenal and Wenger can build something better than we’ve ever seen at the new stadium with these youngsters.

Gurgen

Established Member
Great game I felt.

Reyes was outstanding, and you could see how much that goal meant to him. Jens also deserves a mention, he's been absolutely immense the last few weeks, although he could have done without pushing Defoe to the ground in the box.

Too bad that according to Wenger Reyes won't be with us next season.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom