• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 25/03/05

patrick42uk

Established Member
his form fluctuates too much, between being extremely good and extremely bad. if he stays, wenger works on him and he improves, then great. if he goes and we get a reasonable fee and a decent replacement, then thats fine as well. win win situation for us really.

Mark

Established Member
If Wenger feels Reyes will leave, it really is looking likely now. I wouldn't get too excited anyway. Every few months when he scores we hope it'll give him confidence and it never does. He played really well and credit to him for raising his game in the derby, but selling him back to Spain for decent money won't be a tragedy.

cascy101

Arsène: "I fear we will lose him"

Having listened to this on Arsenal Plus the quote is actually about Edu(who looked quality) not Reyes. Sports journalists are so.....

kissmyface

On Arsenal Plus, you can listen to the whole press conference.

People asked Wenger why Reyes played well at the start of the season, and then more recently. Wenger said it could be to do with the pitches condition over winter and also the weather.

Someone then asked about Edu and his classy display when he came on as sub against sp*rs, straight after asking about Jose. Wenger said ''I fear he will leave. I would love him to stay''. About Edu! Not Reyes!
The evening standard made a mistake.

kissmyface

Yeah I think it was an honest mistake. Though the Standard is a bastard **** news paper.

The Edu question was so out of the blue and straight after afew minutes talk of Reyes, so it would have been easy to miss the Edu question and think it was still talking about Reyes.

patrick42uk

Established Member
kissmyface said:
On Arsenal Plus, you can listen to the whole press conference.

People asked Wenger why Reyes played well at the start of the season, and then more recently. Wenger said it could be to do with the pitches condition over winter and also the weather.

really? so it was an excuse for reyes' performances rather than an excuse as to why we didnt win the league as is being suggested by skysports?

kissmyface

I'll have to watch it again. But as far as I remember, he was saying that you cant keep the quality of football so good sometimes when the pitches are in worse condition.

Surely this would apply to all teams, he doesnt need to state the obvious. But obviously, sky being the Arsenal hating bastards they are, theyve twisted it. Amazing that.

He didnt once blame it for Arsenal losing the title. Twas merely Joses poor performances, and the climate. I'll listen again, just to confirm.

asajoseph

Established Member
Cheers Kissmyface... thanks for the update for those of us too pikey to pay for Arsenal Plus.

Surely this would apply to all teams, he doesnt need to state the obvious.

I guess it would affect us more than any other team though, as we do play a style of football which more often than not keeps the ball on the deck.

kissmyface

You guys truly are pikey batsards. It works out at something like 23p a day. Similar to TVX - so stop crackign them out over titty and start crakcing them out over Titi.

You can watch the best 5 Henry goals, best 5 Freekicks...got archives of pre-season stuff. Not to mention the conferences. It really is annoying hearing **** from middlemen like Sky who twist everything. The interview you could hear the reporters trying to worm something juicy out of Arsène.

Id like to see Sky and the Murdoch press raped and fed to the pigs. Esp that Andy Gray fella.

asajoseph

Established Member
Mate, I'm a student. It's my JOB to be a pikey bastard!

But have no fear, I've got a job starting in september, and from then on I expect plenty of my hard earned cash will end up in Arsène Wenger's transfer kitty.

kissmyface

Lol. I guess I dont pay for it myself - but its worth it methinks. But yep, it's a good cause. My mum doesnt mind a jot, she even has an Arsenal credit card. How I envy her.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom