• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 10/09/05

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think that Reyes can be prolific for us he creates chance after chance for himself and misses quite a few , it seems to be a confidence thing with him , it reminds me of Henry when he first arrived spurning chance after chance culmination in tha Fa cup loss against liverpool where we were utterly wasteful and there was a demand for a fox in the box. Buy lo and behold next season henry started to score in porlific stye and has never looked back since. I think Reyes when he dobs a few in will start to be prolific as well .

qs

Established Member
When did Reyes score? I'll tell you, it was after RVP came on. RVP made the pass, Reyes did brilaintly and scored. Thats whats called a partnership. LEave Bergy out until he's needed and let these 2 show how good they are when theyre not over shadowed by the leagues best player.

kel varnsen said:
f*ck the board and f*ck wenger. as much as i love wenger and thinks he is the right manager, there is no doubt he has f*cked up this summer. there is no way we can compete with chelsea and we have so many problems it is acutally quite funny. the last finacial report made me laugh; £60 mill in the bank, but no reinforcements. great job...

****ing bang on there mate

you see thats the problem with Cygan

yes apart from the mistakes which led to a goal he had a fine game. but playing fine for most of the game but making mistakes that lead to goals just isnt good enough.

i just dont understand when we were two goals down they seemed afraid to shoot from outside the box

anyway long way to go yet, we need to string a good run of wins together

Tegh

Established Member
At the end of the day, we had three great Reyes chances in the first 15-20 minutes, which he did well with, but was unlucky with one hitting the post.

We had other chances, but we just didn't take them, and that's why we lost.

Pires was pitiful, he needs to shape up or ship out, because i've not seen him make one solid performance thus far. Read Mark's news post for more information and detail, he got it spot on. So far the guy has been sh!t and it makes me disgusted to see him wearing an Arsenal shirt in such poor form. Why didn't RVP play? Who knows.

Yakubu's goal was a nice finish, but a lucky bounce off his boot on the turn. He tried to take the ball onto the other side, but it rolled off his leg the other way. Lucky piece of crap. Cygan's defending was poor for the second goal, but he wasn't that bad during the entire game.

Another loss so soon, against a team where we should of beaten them badly.

The commentators really piss me off, they started slagging us off even when we were all over them. God, i hate them.

kel varnsen

Established Member
bernard_trollop_dollop said:
kel varnsen said:
f*ck the board and f*ck wenger. as much as i love wenger and thinks he is the right manager, there is no doubt he has f*cked up this summer. there is no way we can compete with chelsea and we have so many problems it is acutally quite funny. the last finacial report made me laugh; £60 mill in the bank, but no reinforcements. great job...

f****g bang on there mate

i was actually drunk when i wrote that, so i wouldn't read too much into it. just wenting my frustrations...

however, the main point remains. we really should have brought in a few players. why we didn't sign someone like dacourt is beyond me and makes me think wenger has way to much confidence in a few of our players...

Gooner from Baku

I understand that the most postings were made being the result of frustration everybody felt...

But we should be more steady psychologically and there's no need to create an uproar.

I'd summarize the opinions of my arsenal loving mates:

a) There is lack of second, reserve players (strikers,midfielders,centre backs, doesn't matter).
b) Current experienced players are playing "not as good", puting it mildly.
c) Current young players are not as talented as AW thinks - remember his beliefs about creating the same team MU used to have with young Scholles and Giggs sparkling?

3 problems. Didn't we know about first two of them last season? Of course we did. Any reaction in the past summer? No...

Third problem occured nowadays and becoming very dangerous day by day.

The outcome of aforementioned:
When you don't solve the problem, it becomes 2. When you don't solve two, add the third.etc,etc.

Hope AW will put off his conservatizm and start thinking...(too late, though) :(

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
bernard_trollop_dollop said:
kel varnsen said:

f****g bang on there mate

i was actually drunk when i wrote that, so i wouldn't read too much into it. just wenting my frustrations...

however, the main point remains. we really should have brought in a few players. why we didn't sign someone like dacourt is beyond me and makes me think wenger has way to much confidence in a few of our players...

I think you're still drunk. Dacourt?

nidza7

Established Member
Mods,please lock this one,it`s over,it`s bringing some ugly words from ``fans``,and it`s going nowhere.

There was no quality post pages ago.

A

Anonymous

If you don't leave a thread for people to vent their frustrations.. you'll get a thousand more mini ones..

Talking is therapy.

For the weak hearted.

hleb

Established Member
Arsenal WILL once again become Champions. I have absolutely 100% faith in this squad. We are experiencing trying times, a couple of wins on the trot will do the team good. roll on Thun :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member
all i can say is, hleb was great again! i had my doubts about this boy before but they are gone now. they say you can tell a lot about a player when the going gets tough. when we went 2-0 down, i felt hleb was one of the few who didnt hide and who still wanted possesion, wanted to make things happen. worryingly, i felt reyes, after a decent start, disappeared and wasnt moving into positions to receive the ball. hleb i feel has it in him to be a match winner in the big games which is good.

Biggus

Established Member
Hmm I couldn't get on the forum for a few days so I'm glad I had the chance to calm down, ....I'm sorry if people have mentioned them before.....When the team walked out I thought...Arsenes playing the the B team..oh well its only Boro, Everbody knows exactly how the game panned out, so a few points have occurred to me,

1.I don't like Reyes..... It's his fault the game was not over after 20 minutes. But he's not an out and out striker he's low on confidence and only tried to do what Arsène asked him to.

2.Cygan is not Arsenal standard....but he does OK within limitations, It was only Boro and most people here belittled his heroics a few weeks ago saying...its only Fulham and the game should have been finished before by others so it shouldn't have mattered.

3.It was a penalty..... Riley cheated us again, But we can factor that into every game that he "officiates" with us.

4.Bergy.....It hurts me to say it......We had no leader out there.

But the previous 4 points pale into insignificance when we look at Arsenes preformance.

5.Team selection. We don't know the extent of players fitness buts its clear that Boro were underestimated but why oh why a B team? I want RvP to start every game ahead or Reyes.

6.Balance....Its clear to all of us why not to Arsène, Gilberto/Flamini are destroyers- Cesc/Helb are creators FFS Arsène pick one of each in central midfield.

7.Tactical changes.....Whoa! substitutions after 60 & 70 minutes after going 2 down... better Arsène, But would have been better still at half time.

8.Wrong blame....Arsène says Its was bad defending......I say It was bad finishing.

The Premiership is slipping away if these problems are not addressed.... :(

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom