• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 10/09/05

A

Anonymous

What was Wenger thinking that Flamini Fabregas and Gilberto would be enough to last 5 games let alone a season.

The defense sucks. The central midfield sucks. The wings are suck. And Henry keeps dropping back to midfield leaving idiot Bergkamp up front without a hope.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Canuck said:
Boro actually are a team on the up. I thought that Rochemback and Pogatetz looked like good signings for them.

On another note. Abel Xavier is still realtively useless.

Of course this does still not justify our teams performance today.

Thank god Hasselbaink and Viduka weren't fit I already had a bad feeling with Henry injured and playing Cygan but then Ljungberg was ruled out..

A

Anonymous

OneProudGooner said:
van nistelrooy said:
Stop blaming Cygan, he's an easy target because he's bald but its everybodys responsibility for this catastrophe.

Yea don't blame him for letting Maccarone score against us..

It's not just his fault he had the most obvious role but he would have no confidense because the rest of the defense and the central midfield are playing rubbish. THey are affecting Cygans confidence and also their errors are made to look worse by Cygan. It is Cygans fault, but it is everybody elses fault as well. Im a center back and I dont take responsibility for any goals scored against us because its a group effort. Dont blame, but the central midfield are rubbish too.

karan kansal

I think we need to cut Flamini some slack. He ain't no Vieira who commanded the midfield like only he could. But he's growing into the role. We should be shouting at that dicklicker Pires who refuses to challenge for the ball and refuses to track back for anything. At least we see Hleb doing that.
Considering we played with 10 men for the whole 90 min without a captain, 2-1 was a respectable scoreline. You can't really say Dennis the menace wsa on the field now can you. I think he was a menace to our attacking game. Every ball he touched went straight to a Boro player.

A

Anonymous

Leave Cygan alone. Henry has lapse in concentration every 10 minutes. Cygan scored his 2 goals, he has his limitations, leave him alone. The rest of the taem is not making it any easier for him.

A

Anonymous

Defense is defense, it's not like the midfield or attack fared any better.

With the exception of Reyes, Arsenal didn't even turn up.

Flamini is a waste, and unlike Fabregas, doesn't even exhibit potential.

Like I said before however, at least it will finally shut up the blind optimists who make life harder for everyone else.

Canuck

Established Member
I think we need to cut Flamini some slack.
Amen!

Flamini was crap today, sure...
Is he total crap? Hell no!
How do all of you bashers feel that you are more qualified to say Flamini has no potential as opposed to the coaching staff at Marseille, the scouts for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger himself?
Why do people always feel the need belittle players?

You can never shut the true optimist up.

A

Anonymous

Cut Cygan some slack first. At least he scores goals and won a game. What can you say about Flamini

Jinn

Established Member
Cygan's paid to defend. :roll:

And Flamini actually looked pretty good in preseason.

fuma75

We shouldve signed Davids & Dacourt....
they are both better than Flamini, they can give us presence in the midfield...

A

Anonymous

anyone thinks , ALI would have helped the attack today

was it a mistake in letting him go?

asajoseph

Established Member
Ah, I was waiting for you to show up on that one Kel... Actually, Vieira could have made a big difference in a game like todays. As everybody recognises, there was NO direction, and no leadership in the team today. Even when Vieira was 'off', you could pass the ball to him in the middle of the park, around the halfway line, and know that he wouldn't lose it, that he wouldn't trip over his laces, if he was challenged he could ride it, and he would distribute to a player in a more attacking position. No, perhaps he wouldn't ping those slide rule passes every five minutes, but he was a steadying influence. Neither Flamini nor Gilberto is capable of doing ANYTHING with the ball at their feet. They can't ride challenges, they can't face forward on the halfway line, they can't even pass the ball along the ground most of the time. And they can most certainly not drive the play.

As for the discussion of Flamini, I'm afraid I have to come down on the 'anti' side. I see absolutely nothing in the guy's game that makes me think he's good enough for Arsenal. He's got a fantastic workrate, but unless that's coupled with some amount of footballing talent, it's all wasted effort. He can't dribble, he can barely pass, he doesn't get involved in attacking movements, he can't shoot, his tackling is enthusiastic but often poorly timed, and he doesn't break up play on the edge of the box like Gilberto does. I honestly don't know what he brings to the team, other than a positive attitude and a great engine. If someone can enlighten me as to why he's an Arsenal player, I'd be delighted to know. Ship him back to Marseille, for all I care, at least that'll solve one problem. And I tend to agree with those who wonder why we're offloading Bentley and keeping this guy...

Kum_Arsenal

a very bad start to the season.

i didn't expect from these promosing kids.

now what are u going to do wenger :?:

save money and buy another bunch of kids.

alexander_hleb

We should of won in the first 20 mins with reyes off like a rocket but no...and we lost...abit of a piss poor preformance in the second half...nice goal by reyes though.

Just shows how much we rely on titi. as good as reyes is he just didn't finish in the first 20 mins. And i think were missing viera. It feels like there is no midfield prescence and just a whole load of strikers.

HardStyle

This defeat hurt really bad, I think I'm over it now, finally, sort of. I was sitting there in my house at 4am once the game finished whilst feeling so depressed and not wanting to go to sleep.

I really do hope that we regroup after this and show some fight and determination for the title. It's far from over but it can't continue like this or it will be very quickly.

Also, anyone who slates Reyes should be banned. His workrate is second to none, even if he is having the most horrid of days. In this match, he missed a few good chances in the first half and some players would go into their shell and just accept that it's not going to be their day. Reyes however continued to fight, chase at full speed, harrass, and was finally awarded with a goal that he deserved and I absolutely love the bloke for his commitment.

Can I just also add that Lauren and Cygan are not good enough and that Wenger's loyalty to Bergamp, although commendable, needs to stop because it is hurting the team.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Flamini did play a few good games last year , one that comes to my mind is the one against Chelsea at Highbury did well I thought . Never going to be elegant but if he stays back after training and works on his shooting and passing could be decent by the midway stage of this season.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
van nistelrooy said:
Leave Cygan alone. Henry has lapse in concentration every 10 minutes. Cygan scored his 2 goals, he has his limitations, leave him alone. The rest of the taem is not making it any easier for him.

Yes I agree TH does have shall we say lapses in concentration for 10 minutes however, Cygan has lapses in concentration for 80 minutes, he is frigging crap he scores 2 goals and he is the best defender we have, don't make me laugh he is a frigging liability and should never play for us again :x

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom