• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 29/10/05

James

Established Member
Mark said:
Anyone concerned that for the first time in years we come away pleased after a draw with Sp**s and they come away disappointed? Surely it should be the other way round. What's wrong with us at the moment?
Yeah it's concerning, but given our away form and the way we played first half, i know i would have taken a draw at half time. I actually came away quite disappointing in the fact we didn't win, cause we certainly had the possesion and chances in the last 10 minutes to take all 3 points.

JazzG

Established Member
Mark said:
Anyone concerned that for the first time in years we come away pleased after a draw with Sp**s and they come away disappointed? Surely it should be the other way round. What's wrong with us at the moment?

We are going through a bad spell, playing bad and have injury problems. If we had our full team I would of expected a win but I'll settle for a draw.

Still our midfield is causing us concerns, I know Wenger tried for Baptista and Diarra but he really should of bent over backwards to get one of them because our midfield is just so weak right now. Wings is ok but we need a big dominant figure in the centre, playing someone like Fabregas so much at such a young age could back fire big time.

hujja

Established Member
James said:
Mark said:
Yeah it's concerning, but given our away form and the way we played first half, i know i would have taken a draw at half time. I actually came away quite disappointing in the fact we didn't win, cause we certainly had the possesion and chances in the last 10 minutes to take all 3 points.

Yeah. It really did look like we were going to nick at the death. Everyone got their head's out of their asses and started playing like they were supposed to play 75 minutes ago.

Once Bobby scored, it looked like we were going to go on and win it. I'm not too disappointed that we got a draw. We have a young team, not enough experience, a manager who smokes pot before choosing the team line-up and a few of our key players out.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
PolishGooner said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Cesc is but one player in a midfield of four. And is 18 years old. Give the guy a chance, don't be so quick to criticise, I bet you loved him last season..

Player is good or not, it has nothing with his age. If we want him to gain experience, he should play as a sub. We are struggling because we dont have good enough plazers. The same with Flamini

Yeah, and Cesc is good enough. He proved it last year. But there's considerably more pressure on him this year since we sold that old Judas has-been Vieira to Juve. It's hardly his fault that Wenger hasn't signed good enough reinforcements in midfield, is it?

And when you're 18, it has everything to do with age- look at Thierry henry aged 18. Or Patrick Vieira- you'd never heard of them, had you?
since when are henry and vieira the ruler of talent in the world? look at rooney at age 18 or Ronaldo, or Adu or Robinho or C.Ronaldo or... i can't be arsed to go on, the myth that you can't perform to a world class standard below the age of 21 was started by Arsène Wenger and let's be honest, any of the above players would be wasted under his management as they wouldn't get the time to develop.

sabre, I'll be sure to use small words so you fully understand the point I was making.

I was merely pointing out that Fabregas' potential as a player has not been fully realised aged 18, using Vieira and Henry as examples of players who are now completely different to the the players they were ten years ago. That's it. I don't think it was a difficult point to understand, nor did it need questioning particularly as it's self evident.

Thierry aged 18- well, what, exactly? Thierry aged 28, one of the best in the world.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Err , if no one has realised we usually draw at Sp**s. And no this is not the first time we have come away pleased with a point. 2001/2002 we came away with a point after falling behind (Sol's first derby playing for us ) At that time our defence was leaking like a sieve and we went to Tottenham with a lot of doubt. The draw was a turn around in Sol's season. So it is not the rirst time.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mark said:

I think it's a simple case of getting a lateish equaliser. If they had got that late equaliser, they'd all be on here now telling us they were going to win the league. Plus, they really thought they were going to beat us!

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
Mark said:

We are going through a bad spell, playing bad and have injury problems. If we had our full team I would of expected a win but I'll settle for a draw.

Still our midfield is causing us concerns, I know Wenger tried for Baptista and Diarra but he really should of bent over backwards to get one of them because our midfield is just so weak right now. Wings is ok but we need a big dominant figure in the centre, playing someone like Fabregas so much at such a young age could back fire big time.

unfortualetly we have a cheap skate coach

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
celestis said:
Err , if no one has realised we usually draw at Sp**s. And no this is not the first time we have come away pleased with a point. 2001/2002 we came away with a point after falling behind (Sol's first derby playing for us ) At that time our defence was leaking like a sieve and we went to Tottenham with a lot of doubt. The draw was a turn around in Sol's season. So it is not the rirst time.

I think we were one nil up in that one. Richard Wright gave them a last minute equaliser. As did Jens in 2004. But of course that one didn't really matter :wink:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
crazykolo said:
chelsea 14pts clear and only played 10 games

a utter disgrace

in the medieval times, just idiots were pad locled and tomatoes throw at them

i would like something like taht happened to wenger and then booted out

a complete f**k up by him.

*RocktheCasbah throws a tomato at crazykolo having padlocked him in the stocks*

Expect a password change soon if you can't come up with anything moire constructive than that load of whingey bollocks.

koivu

RocktheCasbah said:
jay-d, I'm not normally around here in the immediate afftermath of a game, I know why now. Sooooooooooooooo much s**t is talked. Ridiculous, but I'm getting through it.. :lol:

Ain't that the truth. Really a waste of time going through this rubbish.

I'm not happy with a draw but I'm much happier than I would have been with a loss...I could not imagine going into work after losing to Sp**s...I'll have to send a thank you card to Bobby.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Mark said:

considering that they are playing much better football this year, and given our recent away form, ill gladly take a point.

jesus, the attitude of some around here. youd think we just lost 4-1. :D

Mark

Established Member
I never actually said I was concerned by the managers' reactions, quite the opposite infact. I just thought it would provoke some interesting discussion.

the dawn raids

Established Member
i wasnt reacting to your attitude mark; more towards the 'wenger should be burned at the stake' crowd.

but yeah, there can be no denying that happily settling for a draw against Sp**s would be unheard of even just 6 months back.

Biggus

Established Member
Hmmm just a few observations of the game......
In the first half Arsène got it wrong- Reyes and Bergy are too deep players, Its hard to score when you play 4-6-0 and of course of nobody wanted to shoot, our first attempt on goal Robben Vans 67 min....nuff said.
Where are all the Pires haters gone?
Great fighting spirit from the lads in the second half regardless of result thats what we need...keep it up.
Wasn't Gael Clichy marvellous, Cashley can now go to Spain and resume his campaign to "make poverty history"
This was a great game to illustrate to foreign or newbie gooners why we despise Sp**s....and we have the genisis of a new figure of hate.....MIDO! heh heh hasn't he blossomed well into a dirty f**king-cheating-lilywhite-maggot.....almost in a Drogbaesque mode ;D

James

Established Member
Anyone see that with Sol and the yid by the tunnel after the game? Wonder what the **** said.

SOL'S A GOONER.

invisibleman18

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Mark said:

considering that they are playing much better football this year, and given our recent away form, ill gladly take a point.

jesus, the attitude of some around here. youd think we just lost 4-1. :D

Fair point Mark, its the first time I can remember feeling pleased with a draw in this fixture.

Clarkey

I think the media and most forget that if we win our game in hand then we are on equal points with the Spuds (apologies as its no doubt already been mentioned here no doubt in this thread), so if that is Spuds great start, being comparable to our very poor start....then does that really bode well for them?

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom