• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

These next two games are must wins for Arteta, just to quieten things around him a bit. If he loses one or both of the next two, I think he is in serious, serious trouble.

Assuming he does the business and gets the six points, then the real test comes up again against Sp**s. Whereas a draw is an "acceptable" result for us, all things considered, if he loses that game then we can look at the two previous wins and the vs Sp**s performance in better context.

Personally, I've done a 180 and I want to see more of this "grand plan" of theirs. They are essentially giving themselves rope, and if they are frauds then they will take themselves to the gallows.
So your saying if he loses/draws either of the next 2 then he's in trouble & most likely gone. If we win both these games but we draw or lose to Sp**s, thats the main game he'll be decided on & most likely gone even if we win both next 2 vs Norwich & Burnley?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So your saying if he loses/draws either of the next 2 then he's in trouble & most likely gone. If we win both these games but we draw or lose to Sp**s, thats the main game he'll be decided on & most likely gone even if we win both next 2 vs Norwich & Burnley?

Yeah, Im saying that if he wins the next two games then he has some more "cash in the bank" so to speak, from a club decision making perspective. The Sp**s game wont be judged as harshly IMO.

I think the club are applying this wait and see approach to see signs of this promise of success he could bring. They are delaying pulling the plug for as long as possible because they actually still believe in this guy.

I think this season is another write off already, even though we only three matchdays in. The behaviour of the club thus far speaks volumes saying that Arteta will be given as much opportunity as possible to make it to the bare minimum level of acceptable outcome this season. At best, we can finish in a Europa League spot and use that to continue our work in 2022/23.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Yeah, Im saying that if he wins the next two games then he has some more "cash in the bank" so to speak, from a club decision making perspective. The Sp**s game wont be judged as harshly IMO.

I think the club are applying this wait and see approach to see signs of this promise of success he could bring. They are delaying pulling the plug for as long as possible because they actually still believe in this guy.

I think this season is another write off already, even though we only three matchdays in. The behaviour of the club thus far speaks volumes. At best, we can finish in a Europa League spot and use that to continue our work in 2022/23.
I'm just hoping the rumours are true that the club already have a principal agreement in place with Conte to take over in January & the results won't matter potentially. If we lose or even draw to one of the next 2 then I potentially wouldn't be surprised to see him go straight away after that particular game.

I've heard rumours that Conte already has an agreement in place to take over the role as manager as long as it is before or during October, the next international break.

I wouldn't call it a write off already, we are only 3 game in & we've already had City & Chelsea with a few injuries. The easier side of the 1st half of the season is still to come & we should have a few players back.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I remember Arteta scoring a crucial late pen, in a win over Norwich from 2013, which helped us get ahead of Sp**s in the Champions League race.

Remember when we used to both get in the Champions League and finish ahead of Sp**s :(
It was 0-1 at 84 mins and ended with a comfortable 3-1 scoreline. 😭

Bit of revenge from the previous season when they scored late on to make that last game against West Brom a nail biter.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Only thing I'm concerned about now leading to our next few matches before the Sp**s is considering they should be pretty winnable games for us, if we do manage to get 6 points from the next 2 is it might convince the board to keep going with Arteta & it will save him the sack.
Even if he does make it through, there will be another tough run of Leicester (A), Watford (H), Liverpool (A), Newcastle (H), Man United (A), Everton (A) from the end of October to the start of December.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was 0-1 at 84 mins and ended with a comfortable 3-1 scoreline. 😭

Bit of revenge from the previous season when they scored late on to make that last game against West Brom a nail biter.

The 3-3 draw in 2012, was the first match I ever streamed...waited all that time, and just for a ****ing last minute Steve Morrison equalizer, ffs :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The 3-3 draw in 2012, was the first match I ever streamed...waited all that time, and just for a ****ing last minute Steve Morrison equalizer, ffs :lol:
Those dropped points could've been massive, good thing Sp**s drew at Villa the next day I think. 😅

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Some poverty teams have beaten us at home under Arteta's reign. We haven't lost at home to Norwich since 1992 in which they finished 3rd in the league (never going to happen) and we finished 10th.....

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some poverty teams have beaten us at home under Arteta's reign. We haven't lost at home to Norwich since 1992 in which they finished 3rd in the league (never going to happen) and we finished 10th.....

Norwich finishing 3rd with a negative goal difference, no names on the back of the shirts and even cheerleaders at games...

The beginning of The Barclays was something special.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Norwich finishing 3rd with a negative goal difference, no names on the back of the shirts and even cheerleaders at games...

The beginning of The Barclays was something special.
They were a decent side back then. Remember them knocking Bayern out of the Uefa cup the following season.

IstraBalagina

Is it not better if we lose and Arteta being sacked immediately, or we'll need 38 straight losses for that to happen?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Gotta get a win here, the season starts now. The midfield battle will be absolutely key with big performances needed from Lokonga and Niles or 'Neny. White needs to show us what he is about and I'm hoping for a league debut for Rammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom