• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronald Zubar

longrufus

Established Member
Wenger did say if he saw a very good young talent, there is a chance he would get him, so i wouldnt rule a move out totally.
But as Canuck says, at least we are being linked with some defenders.

Legend#1

Established Member
Boss to up defender bid Wed, Jan 25 2006 10:21
Arsène Wenger may step up his efforts to land Caen youngster Ronald Zubar as he concentrates on Champions League qualification.
Wenger is building a new team at Highbury based on some of Europe's best youngsters and he has already landed a host of top players during this transfer window so it would be no surprise if he moved for Zubar now especially after the Carling Cup exit.
Arsenal have all the French leagues watched on a regular basis and Zubar who plays in Ligue 2 has not gone unnoticed, Wenger could face opposition from former Liverpool chief and current Lyon boss Gerard Houllier .

Houllier is watching the young defender and a move to a fellow French club may have more appeal to it then a switch to North London for the under 21 international.

Meanwhile Atletico Madrid are willing to listen to offers for their top striker Fernando Torres who has been linked with the Gunners along with everyone else.

They still appear to want around £60 million for the player though which rules out all but one club in Europe.

goonerrhino

Lets sign him. He looks big and powerful. We need a DF who can play all along the backline and he needs to be quick. And he is not African, so no African Nations Cup too worry about. LETS SIGN HIM!!!!

brianfrance

Established Member
lyon have just signed basel' müller, who played for them until 2004. It could be the sign that zubar is on his way to highbury, but there're better options around IMO. He would be cheap though

The_Prince007

goonerrhino said:
Lets sign him. He looks big and powerful.

Remember!! Cygan looks and IS big and powerful too!!
The problem is that he can't use any of these two qualities!! :lol:

goonerrhino said:
We need a DF who can play all along the backline and he needs to be quick.

What is a DF?? :roll: Nigel De Jong is a better option!!

oreo

[quote="The_Prince007] Nigel De Jong is a better option!![/quote]

i agreed, but heard that sp*rs are linked to me

longrufus

Established Member
De Jong is a great player, and definatly someone we should be looking at, his versitility is amazing, but his worst position is CB. Plus he is small which is never a good thing for a CB.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Seems De Jong is going for HSV and we should get sso get Zubar and if he turns out to be a better player then hurrah for Wenger but I can't understand how Wenger just seemed to pass on a huge talent as De Jong

nazo

Established Member
as long as de jong doesnt join an english team its good with me. HSV would be a good place for him i guess.

Bergy_1995

I think Wenger would've probably signed him if he felt he'd fit the bill etc. Just because he's one million and can play anywhere doesn't mean we should buy for the sake of it.

A

Anonymous

YeahBee said:
FFS sake Wenger De Jong is better then Zubar and cheaper!! Why do you do this to us?

because he knows better then you

thats wat majority of the idiots on this forum what say

i say bullocks............

qs

Established Member
YeahBee said:
FFS sake Wenger De Jong is better then Zubar and cheaper!! Why do you do this to us?

Why did every other Premiership manager do it? Honestly Ive no idea but if WEngers an idiot for missing out so is Fergie and Jol and Rafa. There must be some reason we dont know about.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom