• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Type of signings we should always have been making, not £35m on mustafi, £72m on Pepe and £30m on xhaka
We could and should have been doing both. Getting the best young talents and supplementing them with good experienced players. We just should have went for better experienced players. For example I still can't get over how many were negative on Johnny Evans.

Finesse

Edu’s is poor. Kinda rubbish deal if true and we add that 15% sell on clause. He’s not really coming cheap considering he’s from a small club + it’s covid. Could be up to 21.5m euros AND they want a 15% sell on clause ? He’s not Haaland what is this. I’ll take the deal without the clause.

How does this make Edu poor? Clubs value their asset and make their demands based on the particular player and circumstances. We were guilty of not doing same for the likes of Gnabry etc. This is a club captain and an asset they want to cash in on and reinvest / balance the books. Very highly rated too considering he is part of the standby team selected for the Euros for a very super stacked Belgian side. Do we just expect Edu to go and sign the best young players for peanuts? Cheap is relative considering there are interests from other European sides. Napoli especially even though media reports the player has a preference for Arsenal. The media said same about Buendia and the false sense on entitlement made us lose the deal over a few quid ! Villa paid the asking price and terms Norwich demanded. If we mess around we would lose this one too! Negotiations are ongoing and we should let the Edu do his job before criticising. The boy wants Arsenal and that alone does not mean Anderlecht should cave in. They think he is that valuable and it is their bargain. Edu saying no to a sell on does not mean Anderlecht would cave in either. It has to be negotiated and we don’t know the selling clubhand so far. ( may have better offers on the table but talking to Arsenal because of player preference)

Some of us may not rate Edu and Arteta etc but sometimes it’s refreshing to have some balance. Covid has never forced a club to sell their asset for less. Villa paid 22m for Wesley from Brugge. Sheffield paid 20m for Berge from Genk. Brighton paid 18m for Trossard from Genk all in 2019/20.

This seems to be the bargain for our summer. The stats and analysis all look great. Let’s get it done.

Iceman10

Established Member
How does this make Edu poor? Clubs value their asset and make their demands based on the particular player and circumstances. We were guilty of not doing same for the likes of Gnabry etc. This is a club captain and an asset they want to cash in on and reinvest / balance the books. Very highly rated too considering he is part of the standby team selected for the Euros for a very super stacked Belgian side. Do we just expect Edu to go and sign the best young players for peanuts? Cheap is relative considering there are interests from other European sides. Napoli especially even though media reports the player has a preference for Arsenal. The media said same about Buendia and the false sense on entitlement made us lose the deal over a few quid ! Villa paid the asking price and terms Norwich demanded. If we mess around we would lose this one too! Negotiations are ongoing and we should let the Edu do his job before criticising. The boy wants Arsenal and that alone does not mean Anderlecht should cave in. They think he is that valuable and it is their bargain. Edu saying no to a sell on does not mean Anderlecht would cave in either. It has to be negotiated and we don’t know the selling clubhand so far. ( may have better offers on the table but talking to Arsenal because of player preference)

Some of us may not rate Edu and Arteta etc but sometimes it’s refreshing to have some balance. Covid has never forced a club to sell their asset for less. Villa paid 22m for Wesley from Brugge. Sheffield paid 20m for Berge from Genk. Brighton paid 18m for Trossard from Genk all in 2019/20.

This seems to be the bargain for our summer. The stats and analysis all look great. Let’s get it done.
A lot of the apprehension is based on unknown of who else we will buy for CM. I'f we get a more established player with more experience I don't think there will be much grounds for complaint, but we'll just have to see what follows. I'm going to give every signing a chance though.

Finesse

A lot of the apprehension is based on unknown of who else we will buy for CM. I'f we get a more established player with more experience I don't think there will be much grounds for complaint, but we'll just have to see what follows. I'm going to give every signing a chance though.

This is the caveat , when the player is more established the price becomes an issue. There are enough reasons for clubs to make their valuations high an they always do. Add the competition from other clubs to it. Then we find ourselves either overpaying to fend off the dep pockets or outbid etc. Add the wages to it and the attractivity of European football. Then it becomes even more complicated. There is actually no player we have been linked with when fans have not looked for an angle to unfairly moan about , even with no insights into the negotiations and deal structuring.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Every time I see a thread bumped here, my first thought is usually who tf is that.

Hopefully the signings we end up making turn out to be great talents.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is the caveat , when the player is more established the price becomes an issue. There are enough reasons for clubs to make their valuations high an they always do. Add the competition from other clubs to it. Then we find ourselves either overpaying to fend off the dep pockets or outbid etc. Add the wages to it and the attractivity of European football. Then it becomes even more complicated. There is actually no player we have been linked with when fans have not looked for an angle to unfairly moan about , even with no insights into the negotiations and deal structuring.
I think the question is whether we will bring in a player like Neves or Bissouma, in addition to Lokonga. In that scenario, Lokonga is obviously lower risk with lower pressure, and can continue to develop at a natural pace.

I agree on the challenges in the transfer market, and fees, but the problem is fans have been led on to believe this is going to be a big spending window with a big "warchest", so there are expectations, which the club has brought upon itself.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

My post was mainly directed to the 15% sell on clause tbh.

In terms of Buendia I just don’t think he was our top target. I was disappointed about that but eagerly awaiting for what we do now. I don’t think it was about money etc. We just didn’t want him as much as Villa.

The signings you mentioned really aren’t that bad. Wesley was poor but Brighton could easily recoup £17m for Trossard and Sheffield £20m for Berge if they stayed in this league and he stayed fit. Those are good mid table / relegation fighting signings imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom