• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 23/24

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

It's not bad...

View attachment 19598

...I will start getting excited again when it looks like this though.

It’ll never look like that again, just because footballs changed. United’s team will never look like the Beckham and Cantona era again, just how it is.

HOWEVER…

I think we have the equivalent defensively including the DM with Rice. I also think we have the equivalent with our wide players.

Where we are lacking is having a Thierry Henry. We’re missing that one guy.

Harry Kane
Luis Suarez
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Haaland etc

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I know there are concerns with the CF role, and I share the same sentiments. But there's been too much noise on that role and not enough noise on our midfield. Trossard and Eddie are better backups than Havertz, Vieira, ESR and Ødegaard have been as our starting attacking 8s.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The team is in dire need of fullback I'd honestly convert Zinchenko as LCM. Also unsure we gonna find starting calibre midfielder in January.

The attack can wait until next summer nobody gonna sell us thier top CF in January anyway.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
The team is in dire need of fullback I'd honestly convert Zinchenko as LCM. Also unsure we gonna find starting calibre midfielder in January.

The attack can wait until next summer nobody gonna sell us thier top CF in January anyway.
Timber will be that fullback once he comes back from his injury. I agree we need to push Zinchenko higher up the pitch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Timber will be that fullback once he comes back from his injury. I agree we need to push Zinchenko higher up the pitch.
Timber unfortunately we'll be lucky to have him in march. We need a fullback anyway even everyone available we short in numbers and its time Zinchenko play in midfield so his defense duty won't be much required

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It us obvious Zinny should be played with Ode and Rice in midfield. He is a bad Fullback and i among ithers have been calling for it because you can not compare Zinny’s technical ability to that of the Donkey.

We have much larger issues. We don’t create enough chances to win league. There is a book on how to beat Arsenal it is double the wingers and take away the majority of our goals. Everyone does this against us and as of yet Mik has no countermove. I mean it is easy to counter if your manager isn’t busy playing hide and seek or playing with his dog.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
It us obvious Zinny should be played with Ode and Rice in midfield. He is a bad Fullback and i among ithers have been calling for it because you can not compare Zinny’s technical ability to that of the Donkey.

We have much larger issues. We don’t create enough chances to win league. There is a book on how to beat Arsenal it is double the wingers and take away the majority of our goals. Everyone does this against us and as of yet Mik has no countermove. I mean it is easy to counter if your manager isn’t busy playing hide and seek or playing with his dog.
A book on how to beat Arsenal?

Yet only one team has managed it this season.

You talk absolute garbage.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
A book on how to beat Arsenal?

Yet only one team has managed it this season.

You talk absolute garbage.
Do you watch football, Lens beat us and they are at best a mid table league 1 side. Plus every team doubles our wingers and Mik has no game plan. It’s why in 90 percent of matches we struggle for chance creation

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems like in possession Arsenal are playing something like a 2-3-3-2 when Havertz plays.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’ll never look like that again, just because footballs changed. United’s team will never look like the Beckham and Cantona era again, just how it is.

HOWEVER…

I think we have the equivalent defensively including the DM with Rice. I also think we have the equivalent with our wide players.

Where we are lacking is having a Thierry Henry. We’re missing that one guy.

Harry Kane
Luis Suarez
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Haaland etc
Stick Haaland in our side last season, and we win the league at a canter.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I think we are in trouble with our defensive options.

We are one injury away from having to play Cedric, that’s before the busy Christmas schedule we have and January.

We will be seeing Cedric at RB before the months out.

When Timber got injured we should have went back into the market.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I think we are in trouble with our defensive options.

We are one injury away from having to play Cedric, that’s before the busy Christmas schedule we have and January.

We will be seeing Cedric at RB before the months out.

When Timber got injured we should have went back into the market.

We're probably going to get a defender in January.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I believe that next summer's transfer window is the most important in a long time. We need to let go of players whom the coach clearly does not trust and bring in players who do not have a steep learning curve, players like Vieira or Lokonga. If we are to go and win the CL or PL, we can't afford to wait for a player to do the job.

Trim the squad this summer and buy versatile players who are comfortable in various positions and make us flexible.

In my opinion, those who should look for a new club are:

Elneny
Cedric
Partey
Jorginho
ESR
Nketiah
Nelson
Ramsdale/Raya (solve the goalkeeper situation, both of these clowns are not good enough for us)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...if this was just limited to the current Arsenal squad who you saying AM?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
The main concern again at this time of year is injury to key players. Mainly in defence.

If Saliba gets injured - we could cover with Rice or Tomiyasu once he’s back. I’d like us to look at the January transfer market for a loan signing who could provide extra depth here until the end of the season.

Gabriel - The natural replacement would be Kiwior. Again, are we able to rejig the team to cover appropriately?

Hopefully Partey being back in the next few weeks gives us a bit more flexibility in terms of how we use the squad.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We could have got Rice and another good ST and we were done. Instead we did another mad trolley-dash.

Gabriel Jesus, what's the point of him? Winger? Winger-Forward? Center-Forward (God Forbid!)? I'd rather have OG back. Even David Luiz would make a better striker.

Trossard, Zinchenko, all sub-standard rejects... Even the Havertz gamble isn't paying off.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Midway through the season with the Jan transfer window looming, here's what we need urgently. Exclude positions which are not good enough long term like Raya, White etc but still passable for now.

GK: Raya, Ramsdale
Fullbacks: Tomi, White, Zinchenko, Timber, (Need one more here in January, Hato)
CB: Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwior
CM: Rice, Partey, Jorginho, Elneny (passable for now, need one more in the summer. Zubimendi/Andre)
AM: Ødegaard, Havertz, ESR, Vieira, Trossard (passable for now, need one more in the summer. Sudakov/Simons)
WF: Saka, Martinelli, Nelson (short, but should try to hold on to the summer to bring in one top signing. Mitoma/Neto/Olise/Nusa)
CF: Jesus, Nketiah (horrible options, need one urgently in January. Toney with a hefty loan fee and option to buy will be should tempt Brentford. Otherwise, Guirassy for 17m as a stop gap measure in January. Osimhen/Boniface/Sesko/Schick should be looked at in the summer)

Ideally we should wait till the summer to get Boniface, Osimhen etc but we can't afford to sacrifice one more season while waiting. We need a striker immediately and Toney fits the bill. Sell Nketiah while we are at it. Our fullbacks options are severely lacking too and Hato now will be much cheaper than in the summer. Our winger options are horrible with Martinelli severely out of form, but you are not going to tempt clubs to release players like Mitoma, Neto, Olise etc in January without a severe premium.

I will also look to move on Ramsdale (since Arteta don't trust him anymore), Elneny, Nelson and one of ESR/Vieira to bring in funds for a top top AM. Partey value is low now so no point moving him on, Jorginho wants to stay on as player/coach so let him be.

Last edited:

ptrcopp

We scored 88 goals last season, a PL record for Arsenal. We didn’t have a striker last season either. In fact, Jesus was injured the majority. What is different?

I think there are two things. One is that we were less reliant on the ‘striker’ than we have attempted to be with Jesus in the team this year. He appears to have an unrivalled freedom to move where he wants on the pitch which hinders our attack because the ST position is left free.

Added to that is Xhaka’s role last season was particularly unique. He would cover the left back position allowing Zinny to move forward and combine with Martinelli. Zinny and Xhaka took it in turns to add an extra player in the final third, which was a little unpredictable.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What’s frustrating for me is that no one has come out and been a surprise standout player so far. I was hoping to see more from the Kiwior for example but he has continued to be **** with virtually no improvement from last year.

I know Arteta’s management can’t help with that with the second string getting nothing except 2 minutes here and there, but it’s a shame nonetheless

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom