• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

jato

If Arsenal strengthen one more position what would your choice be
Right Back
Striker
Central Midfielder

Right Back - if we can get our right side as good as our left, it'll open up space for the rest of the team because every team in the bloody league knows we just go down the left all the time.

We can manage without a CM as long as Partey is injury free for the season and with Xhaka extending. Strikers we still have two decent ones in Auba/Laca so that can wait until one of them goes.

Ideally we would have upgraded all three but hard to shift so much deadwood we've accumulated over the past 5 years in one window.

benjamin86

Established Member
Right Back - if we can get our right side as good as our left, it'll open up space for the rest of the team because every team in the bloody league knows we just go down the left all the time.

We can manage without a CM as long as Partey is injury free for the season and with Xhaka extending. Strikers we still have two decent ones in Auba/Laca so that can wait until one of them goes.

Ideally we would have upgraded all three but hard to shift so much deadwood we've accumulated over the past 5 years in one window.
Partey was our top tackler last season with 1.8 tackles per game....that ranked him 55th in the division. We desperately need a ball winning CM!

benjamin86

Established Member
I really need someone like Bissouma. Xhaka and Lokonga are too weak to get the ball back
I like Lokonga but he's not a ball winner. We spent 50m on White but really i think we need Potter and Bissouma i think we could be miles better with those 2. (Conte would also massively improve us (honestly think he might be able to get us top 4 this season) but i can't see him wanting to come or the Kroenke's hiring him)

Hinderz

At this point a trolley dash of swaps and loans.

Aubameyang, Bellerin (valued at €50m by Transfermarkt - lol) and cash for Lenglet, Emerson, Moriba (valued at €62m)

Nelson, Nketiah, Maitland Niles (valued at €41m) for Bissouma (valued at €25m :facepalm: )

Jovic loan with an obligation

If Laca’s agent can find him a move - buy Edouard

Deadwood the deadwood

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Based on what we've done so far, I hope this is how we complete the window:

In: new manager

Deadwood out: Runarsson (free, £40k), Kolasinac (free, £110k), Torreira (€12m, £75k), Elneny (free, £50k), Maitland-Niles (€15m, £30k), Willian (free, £120k), Nelson (€10m, £30k), Nketiah (€15m, £30k), Lacazette (€10m, £180k)

On top of that I hope we sell: Bellerin (€15m, £110k), Xhaka (€15m, £100k)

Total: €92m, £875k/weekly wages saved.

In: Mukiele (€30m, £80k), Caqueret/Neves/Bissouma (€35m, £80k)
= €65m, £160k/week.

ArsenalFever

Piotr Zielinski:

Could do with a fairly experienced centre midfielder but still with resale value.
Zielinski fits the bill imo.
Turned 27 earlier this year, plays as a CM/ACM for Napoli, would probably cost around £40-£55m.
If Arsenal have decided to spend this summer, they might aswell go all out and do it in one go.

dkap

Out:

CDM - Mohamed Elneny
RB - Hector Bellerin
CDM - Lucas Torreira
RW - Willian
CB - Pablo Mari (too slow, I want a strong CB that's also mobile)
GK - Bernd Leno (I don't mind him staying but I prefer a more commanding GK)
LB - Sead Kolasinac

In:

RB / RM - Alexis Saelemaekers
CM / CDM - Ryan Gravenberch
GK - Justin Bijlow (if Leno leaves)
CB - William Saliba (recall him) or Takehiro Tomiyasu / Benjamin Pavard

Plus a new manager (would be happy with either Ten Hag or Conte)

-------------------------------------------Bijlow/Ramsdale----------------------------------
Saelemaekers/Chambers----Saliba/White------Gabriel/Holding-------Tierney/Tavares
-------------------------------Partey/Lokonga----Gravenberch/Xhaka--------------------
--------Pepe/Saka---------------------Ødegaard/ESR------------------Saka/Martinelli/ESR
-------------------------------------Aubameyang/Lacazette------------------

MauveGunner

Player:Rice

Out:

CDM - Mohamed Elneny
RB - Hector Bellerin
CDM - Lucas Torreira
RW - Willian
CB - Pablo Mari (too slow, I want a strong CB that's also mobile)
GK - Bernd Leno (I don't mind him staying but I prefer a more commanding GK)
LB - Sead Kolasinac

In:

RB / RM - Alexis Saelemaekers
CM / CDM - Ryan Gravenberch
GK - Justin Bijlow (if Leno leaves)
CB - William Saliba (recall him) or Takehiro Tomiyasu / Benjamin Pavard

Plus a new manager (would be happy with either Ten Hag or Conte)

-------------------------------------------Bijlow/Ramsdale----------------------------------
Saelemaekers/Chambers----Saliba/White------Gabriel/Holding-------Tierney/Tavares
-------------------------------Partey/Lokonga----Gravenberch/Xhaka--------------------
--------Pepe/Saka---------------------Ødegaard/ESR------------------Saka/Martinelli/ESR
-------------------------------------Aubameyang/Lacazette------------------
Alexis, nice suggestion. Was thinking about him too tbf. He had some thing about him when I saw him play at Anderlecht. A bit of a character, like Tierney is on the left but a bit more hot headed. Very good going forward, but defesively he wasn't that solid. Don't know how much he improved in Italy. But it was still a chame that he wasn't an option for the Euro's for Belgium.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I've decided this is the one signing I want from the rest of the window. Tired of not having a world class midfield talent in central midfield, this guy is that. Lokonga looks quite good and able to adjust to this level despite coming from the Belgian league. He's 3 years older but Ilaix is a supreme talent and has already shown aptitude at a much higher level than Sambi had before coming here. It's time to make bold moves to push the club forward already. Bring this guy in and I think you'd see him and Thomas end up being our best midfield partnership earlier rather than later. Sambi is quality too behind them and Xhaka for his faults too, though I wish we would have more balls and we would've sold him, signed Ilaix and promoted Azeez as our 4th CM.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've decided this is the one signing I want from the rest of the window. Tired of not having a world class midfield talent in central midfield, this guy is that. Lokonga looks quite good and able to adjust to this level despite coming from the Belgian league. He's 3 years older but Ilaix is a supreme talent and has already shown aptitude at a much higher level than Sambi had before coming here. It's time to make bold moves to push the club forward already. Bring this guy in and I think you'd see him and Thomas end up being our best midfield partnership earlier rather than later. Sambi is quality too behind them and Xhaka for his faults too, though I wish we would have more balls and we would've sold him, signed Ilaix and promoted Azeez as our 4th CM.
Sambi being 3 years older is a positive not a negative. Nothing appealing about getting 18 year old central midfielder in our current state

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Sambi being 3 years older is a positive not a negative. Nothing appealing about getting 18 year old central midfielder in our current state
Yeah I know it is a positive. That's why I said 3 years older but... and then said positives about Ilaix.

My point in bringing up Sambi was that watching him I'm reminded that if you are good enough you are good enough no matter your age and experience level at certain competitions levels. Ilaix is good enough. There's a tactical element to it surely where Arteta is not getting us to play well enough in this aspect, but I am tired of getting bossed in midfield. Hence why yesterday convinced me I want a real major talent in midfield like Ilaix. We need both better personnel and better coaching in that aspect.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's comfortable coming deep and getting the ball and in the construction phase deeper. He's definitely an option as an 8 beside Thomas or Lokonga against sides that sit deeper, it would be Arteta's job to make it work.

After yesterday I am convinced I want either him or Ilaix before the window is over. Need top quality in central midfield. Tired of being bossed there consistently.

I said when we were first linked with him I was sure City would go for him because he's the ideal 8 for a Guardiola side. I was wrong about City going for him but I stick to that statement. Guardiola would absolutely make him work as an 8 in his side. Arteta wants to play like Guardiola so it's his job to make it work.
Interesting. What would your starting lineup be, just curious.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Interesting. What would your starting lineup be, just curious.
Against lower ten sides:
ESR/Pepe-Auba-Pepe/Saka
Ødegaard
Thomas/Lokonga-Aouar

Against upper ten sides:

ESR/Pepe-Auba-Pepe/Saka OR Aouar/Pepe-Auba-Saka/Pepe OR Aouar/ESR/Pepe-Auba-Pepe/Saka/Ødegaard
Aouar/Ødegaard
Thomas-Xhaka/Lokonga

By all the /s in the second situation you can tell we'd have a lot of options. Probably too many for a team without European football. But we need to up the standard, enough is enough. Someone would suffer (Martinelli surely, ESR/Pepe potentially) and not get enough games but that is life and football at the top level. Certainly we'd be covered for injuries for once.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Next Narsi (and Guendouzi)! Supremly talented, sulky French-North African, baller. Have some reservations about the impact on team morale, but a midfield with Aouar, Partey, Ødegaard and ESR will be like Wengerball 2.0. Like when we had Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas!!
It will be like Wengerball in the hands of the right manager. It will be like broken subuteo in Arteta's paws.

ChefMan21

We lose Partey and Elneny to AFCON. Buy him, buy Camavinga, buy someone. AFCON could kill any chance we have of Europe if we don't reinforce.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom