• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

djpeat

A different 6. Partey’s better at progressive passing but Rice is a better ball winner. We could easily play both and use Ødegaard as a proper 10 but for whatever reason Arteta won’t try it.
Agreed
But i prefer rice at 8 the way we play
He can use his running more

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We looked better on the ball when Partey came on and Rice had the license to go forward and Ødegaard always felt more comfortable when receiving progressive balls from Partey.

Would Rice been in that position had Shaarte not been behind him? There's a reason why with Jorginho Rice has to do extra defensive shifts to makeup for his old legs.

5 games to go, Partey needs to play a key role in these fixtures whether starting or closing off games.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We looked better on the ball when Partey came on and Rice had the license to go forward and Ødegaard always felt more comfortable when receiving progressive balls from Partey.

Would Rice been in that position had Shaarte not been behind him? There's a reason why with Jorginho Rice has to do extra defensive shifts to makeup for his old legs.

5 games to go, Partey needs to play a key role in these fixtures whether starting or closing off games.
100% agree. Partey when fit with a run of games is the most complete midfielder in the league. I remember him dominating at OT being only a single pivot.

Legend14

Established Member

Agree with this, but Partey doesn’t have the legs either, so its not too much different. With Partey there is still the threat that he can embarrass you, so they tend to not pressure him.

Thrice

The rest of the season are basically more or less must win games. Do you really want to throw Partey in there when the last good run of games he had for us was what feels like ages ago? Too much of a risk in my opinion, unless he's really impressing Arteta in training.
Jorginho is slow, but at least he's dialed in and you don't have to worry that he's suffered a season ending injury after every body contact.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The rest of the season are basically more or less must win games. Do you really want to throw Partey in there when the last good run of games he had for us was what feels like ages ago? Too much of a risk in my opinion, unless he's really impressing Arteta in training.
Jorginho is slow, but at least he's dialed in and you don't have to worry that he's suffered a season ending injury after every body contact.
Rice was amazing going forward in the last few minutes yesterday when Havertz went up top and Partey stayed back but can we trust TP5 to start? I have my doubts at well, alongside probably most Arsenal fans.

Should add Havertz had a decent(ish) game but there were still moments when he seemed to struggle to control a simple pass.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bit better than last few games from him he clearly need more minutes unsure he ready to start but 20-25 minutes a game will do

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
ralph.gif

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
He had one less dance and dunked on Caicedo and Fernandez.

Brought us back our liquid football from last season.

Play him vs the rest of the fixtures.

I'd kick out Jorginho in the summer and get Bruno Guimares and rotate Partey and play him in big fixtures next season like how City treated Fernandinho.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No surprises here. Adds a lot to our progressive play. We lose a bit of structure and defensive security. He's always been that way. Obviously fitter now than last few games. Passing was good

He can play a role instead of subbing on Zinchenko when need some ball retention/progression.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom