• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey (Out)

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not if he is in the way of a new signing in his position.

You can't relly on him staying fit.
Yeah obviously. But no way we go on with the current squad and not sign a midfielder. As I see it we’re good with only one new mid if Partey stays, if he leaves we need two.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah obviously. But no way we go on with the current squad and not sign a midfielder. As I see it we’re good with only one new mid if Partey stays, if he leaves we need two.

I mean, the line coming from the club is not starting cm unless he is moved, so yeah... Need to hope that changes somehow.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I agree. With Partey when you weigh up the pros and cons of him going (on a purely football level), it probably makes more sense to keep him around for another year. The time to sell him was last summer when we maybe could have got 30odd million for him.

Move Jorginho to the ElNeny role, factor in #5 only being available for 30% of the games and bring in a proper partner for Rice and the midfield would be in an unreal position.

This would definitely require a sale though, and ESR is the main candidate for me.

No, this is absolute rubbish and his quality has not been missed for the last two seasons and it won’t be next. He’s never available.

Sorry for being aggressive but everyone wanting to keep Partey is wrong.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No, this is absolute rubbish and his quality has not been missed for the last two seasons and it won’t be next. He’s never available.

We’re not going to get any money for him. We will probably end up having to pay him to leave.

I wanted him gone last year and warned what would happen this season, but people didn’t want to part with him. May as well keep him around now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We’re not going to get any money for him. We will probably end up having to pay him to leave.

I wanted him gone last year and warned what would happen this season, but people didn’t want to part with him. May as well keep him around now.
Would you have sold Partey for like 15 million last summer? You would have wanted to depend on Havertz as the LCM even more as the expectation?

Or you would have bought someone with 15 million + 200k per week wages? You can get like Sambi level players for that money, for a title challenge? And I mean Sambi level from Belgium.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No why? I don’t get it, why keep him? He just takes a squad spot while being injured, he’s on 200k a week and never plays. The club should pay him off.

There’s not one argument for keeping Partey.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No why? I don’t get it, why keep him? He just takes a squad spot while being injured, he’s on 200k a week and never plays. The club should pay him off.

We need squad depth. To pay Partey off to leave makes zero financial sense. He is better than Jorginho

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would you have sold Partey for like 15 million last summer? You would have wanted to depend on Havertz as the LCM even more as the expectation?

Or you would have bought someone with 15 million + 200k per week wages? You can get like Sambi level players for that money, for a title challenge? And I mean Sambi level from Belgium.

Yeah, I would have. We probably could have got more for him than that from Saudi.

I was one of the first to want Havertz at 9 as well. I’d have liked to seen us be more aggressive in last summers window, but I understand why we made the decisions we did.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Because we’d likely have to pay him off which will cost us money. Now if we get a good offer for him it’s a different conversation, but all logic says we won’t.

At this point it’s worth gambling on his fitness and who he can play 20 odd games.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Because we’d likely have to pay him off which will cost us money. Now if we get a good offer for him it’s a different conversation, but all logic says we won’t.

At this point it’s worth gambling on his fitness and who he can play 20 odd games.

So what? We’ve paid off better players than him before. We actually need players in who can give us valuable minutes.

As I said, Jorgi has been far more important in our title race than Partey.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What depth is he?! He doesn’t play. It’s such a laughable thing to want to keep him, he’s proved every single year he can’t stay fit and hasn’t offered us anything.
He averages 25 games a season. If we get 25 games out of him next season it’s worth it

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

What makes you think we need to pay him off?

I’m pretty sure he’d have takers on a free. Proper clubs as well not Saudi and them man.

@OnlyOne has my sword for this fight. You guys are just gluttons for punishment man.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He was the best midfielder in Europe for a large stretch of last season. We wouldn’t have got CL without him and his quality.

Now we’re looking the best we have all season with him in the team.

There’s absolutely no value in selling him with one year left. Better to keep him and let him leave next year for free while signing someone to replace him long term this summer.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

What makes you think we need to pay him off?

I’m pretty sure he’d have takers on a free. Proper clubs as well not Saudi and them man.

@OnlyOne has my sword for this fight. You guys are just gluttons for punishment man.
That’s just ridiculous. I wouldn’t sell him for 10m, let alone let him leave on a free.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Why? Because he’s value for money if he’s available for half a season. He hasn’t been this season but he likely will be next.

Selling him would be outright dumb.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom