• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Willian (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Willian probably glad to leave this sinking ship. Realised pretty quickly that 'winning the Champions League in 3 years' was just hilarious and the three stooges were rank amateurs.
You said Mikel was the second coming of Wenger ffs 😭

Alexs

One good game, the first, one decent game, the last. Isn't that breach of contract? He should probably be paying us.

WhatAFC

As I have mentioned in the Kola thread, paying most of the wages to get someone to leave sets a very dangerous precedent. More and more players will try to pull this off.
If a player decides to down tools & no other club wants him, what are you supposed to do? Just let him stink up the place with a bad attitude?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never heard of players downing tools with previous managers, it’s a new phenomena . . like being mid table.

IstraBalagina

You’ve heard of Mesut Özil, right?
Morgan Freeman Wtf GIF

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He didnt decline that quick mate
It wasn’t decline. That doesn’t even make sense. Seems like he was here in body but not in mind. Loads of factors— we are aware of and some we aren’t—are at home play when a player just doesn’t produce what he’s shown he can. For what it’s worth his form was actually good from just before Christmas until he stopped playing again.

We actually got a few good players that have been absolute **** this past 18 months, haven’t we? Hmmm.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If a player decides to down tools & no other club wants him, what are you supposed to do? Just let him stink up the place with a bad attitude?
Leave them out of the squad. At least that will be a message to others. Would you rather do that or pay everyone and put up a poster that says Arsenal is run by a bunch of losers who you can fleece for money?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Never heard of players downing tools with previous managers, it’s a new phenomena . . like being mid table.
Tbf I don't think it has anything to do with managers. It's related to inflated wages. Assume a 31 years old contracted to a club until he is 33 years old. Player's wages in the past meant that the contract they win after 33 is crucial to achieve their financial goals. So they have to work hard and prove that they are still worth it. Players were trying to extend their careers as much as possible until their bodies completely gave away.

The current wages of over 200K per week for certain players means that they are totally happy to retire even at 33. Their future contracts don't even matter. So once they land their bumper contract, they already go into the retirement mode with some exceptions like Ronaldo, Messi. Chelsea already adapted to it by establishing a strict "no contract longer than 2 years for over 30s". Other clubs should follow that path soon.

Last edited:

Goonger

See the club have confirmed him & Ben White have tested positive for Covid. I wonder how that affects any medicals, travelling in terms of end of the window.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
See the club have confirmed him & Ben White have tested positive for Covid. I wonder how that affects any medicals, travelling in terms of end of the window.

He had it before the Brentford game so he’s probably getting over it now. It’s most likely being used as a reason as to why he isn’t available until his future is sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom