• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Willian (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
So we just make terrible signings & then reward them by paying them to leave(or give new contract to a certain plodder)

Club is being run by inept clowns

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He didnt decline that quick mate
Once Özil got his new contract that was pretty much it. Still nothing near this ****burger of a Willian transfer.

The only thing I can think of that is positive is that Edu and Arteta seem to have learned from it and have changed tack and are getting young and hungry players in. At least if they don’t fit we can shift them on.

Older players on high wages you cannot move on. Period!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Tbf I don't think it has anything to do with managers. It's related to inflated wages. Assume a 31 years old contracted to a club until he is 33 years old. Player's wages in the past meant that the contract they win after 33 is crucial to achieve their financial goals. So they have to work hard and prove that they are still worth it. Players were trying to extend their careers as much as possible until their bodies completely gave away.

The current wages of over 200K per week for certain players means that they are totally happy to retire even at 33. Their future contracts don't even matter. So once they land their bumper contract, they already go into the retirement mode with some exceptions like Ronaldo, Messi. Chelsea already adapted to it by establishing a strict "no contract longer than 2 years for over 30s". Other clubs should follow that path soon.
100% agree! These wages make players act very differently once they hit a certain age. Over 30 they should need to earn every new year’s paycheck. Only way to ensure **** like this doesn’t happen.

9jagooner

100% agree! These wages make players act very differently once they hit a certain age. Over 30 they should need to earn every new year’s paycheck. Only way to ensure **** like this doesn’t happen.
Wenger at some point stopped offering long contracts to players 30+

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
How come this is confirmed, Wishful thinking!!
If hid Dad says he has offers from Europe surely he takes b4 heading to Brazil?

Think the Lucas T exit is closer as reports are he has a medical in Italy 2moro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom