• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Willian (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

Have bashed Willian ever since we were linked to him. But if he is genuinely taking wage cut to leave, fair play to him. Such a selfless thing to do in today's climate.
It's not selfless though, don't be ridiculous.
He apparently has other priorities(happiness at his job) and wasting 2 years in a situation he does not feel comfortable in just to make more cash does not seem like an option to him.
Fair enough.

He is acting out of self-interest like anyone else on this planet. If he was just sitting out his contract that would be just as fine, each to their own.
His life.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It's not selfless though, don't be ridiculous.
He apparently has other priorities(happiness at his job) and wasting 2 years in a situation he does not feel comfortable in just to make more cash does not seem like an option to him.
Fair enough.

He is acting out of self-interest like anyone else on this planet. If he was just sitting out his contract that would be just as fine, each to their own.
His life.
Probably selfless is the wrong word. Every act we do is selfish. We could admire him for being less money-minded though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It says a lot that a guy coming from being an important player at Chelsea has been so poor. Obviously he has to take quite a lot of the responsibility, but he was definitely sold a dream by Arteta and Edu. I reckon their relationship completely broke and he just downed tools. The fact he's ripping up his contract and taking a wage cut, which is basically unheard of, also speaks volumes.

Last edited:

em9999

My rainbows
Yes the millionaire that's Willian has took a pay cut he's up there with mother Teresa... I'm gonna write to those in power to see if he can be knighted ...

I would be too embarrassed to take any money from arsenal after the way he's performed in fact I would pay all wages back and compensation for being so ****

But I love the club

em9999

My rainbows
Sad state of affairs , praising a useless turd who's already ripped the club off blind . When there are truly people who deserve recognition for what they have done for Arsenal , yet the only reward they get or got was to be hounded out

Nice

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I mean he's reached an agreement with the club. Does he get any pay off? I bet he does. I wouldn't be surprised if he getting 2/3s of his contract paid off

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Didn’t we pay him a £15million sign on fee? And weren’t we the only club dumb enough to do that and offer him the insane wages we did? Yeah I bet Willian couldn’t believe his luck that he even robbed us of that much.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Not quite selfless - he’s getting to a place he wants to be at this time8n his career from a place he plainly doesn’t want to be - but it suits both parties and fair play, he could have just sat on the money.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
So he's leaving on a free, meaning we lose out on a theoretical transfer fee?

I don't understand the logic that the media is trying to push. That 20m or whatever was only his if he stayed for the duration of his contract. We also don't know the signing on fee Corinthians are giving him, maybe he's going to get sponsorships and an ambassador role after he leaves the club.

By the media's logic, every player who ever leaves a football club is saving that club the remainder of their wages over the length of their contract.

Why aren't stories like this made about every other player then? Willian isn't even the first wastrel we've had leave the club this summer. Kia is an amazing agent.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

So he's leaving on a free, meaning we lose out on a theoretical transfer fee?

I don't understand the logic that the media is trying to push. That 20m or whatever was only his if he stayed for the duration of his contract. We also don't know the signing on fee Corinthians are giving him, maybe he's going to get sponsorships and an ambassador role after he leaves the club.

By the media's logic, every player who ever leaves a football club is saving that club the remainder of their wages over the length of their contract.

Why aren't stories like this made about every other player then? Willian isn't even the first wastrel we've had leave the club this summer. Kia is an amazing agent.
Really can’t follow what you are saying bro

bergholt

I mean he's reached an agreement with the club. Does he get any pay off? I bet he does. I wouldn't be surprised if he getting 2/3s of his contract paid off

Yeah that's what they're negotiating, he'll definitely be getting 50%+, we'll never find out the exact amount though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom