• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals (Aug 18-19)

Which CL Final do you want?

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That's BS, Vela has been always professional. Even in Spain he was professional

No he wasn't.

The question marks over his maturity were even more apparent in Mexico's national team. In 2010, Vela was suspended for six months for his role in throwing a party after a game against Colombia. It was the start of a complicated relationship with his country and it fuelled suspicions that he did not view his footballing career with quite the seriousness he should.

"Carlos Vela didn't love football, he didn't love his job," Diego Mancera, a Mexican journalist for El País, tells Sky Sports. "He has admitted that he prefers to watch other sports, like basketball." Vela had also become lonely and disillusioned with life at Arsenal, according to Mancera. "He has said it himself: He was not happy at that time."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...orlds-best-young-strikers-end-up-in-mls-at-29

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Vela was given chances and every time he played in the league he was crap. Only did well in the League Cup.

Not like he went on to do anything special either.
Lol, he was better than Griezman in his team. Both put Real Sociedad un European competition and was better scored only behind CR and Messi in a two team league. He was rated the third better player in the league.

Even Griezman said Vela was the better player and should deserve to play in a big team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Shows difference in mentality between big and small clubs.City blew it and Bayern leads 2-0 and even don't play half good they can.
They just knock it about and stick to a method until the goals come. They seem able to play their way into form even if things dont look easy for them at first.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No, he was ahead and with a CM future. He missed the best player, like Vela.
No. Walcott and Ox were set, it was Iwobi and Gnabry, as far as I remember.
Nah I remember it was the summer of 2016, that season was supposed be Ox's Year. Iwobi had only just broken into the team, whereas Ox was coming towards the end of his contract so if anyone were to go it would've been him.

blaze_of_glory

Lol, he was better than Griezman in his team. Both put Real Sociedad un European competition and was better scored only behind CR and Messi in a two team league. He was rated the third better player in the league.

Even Griezman said Vela was the better player and should deserve to play in a big team.
He had a good season in Spain after failing to make an impact in the EPL. Now he's a top 3 striker in MLS. Hardly someone to worry about.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Nah I remember it was the summer of 2016, that season was supposed be Ox's Year. Iwobi had only just broken into the team, whereas Ox was coming towards the end of his contract so if anyone were to go it would've been him.
Yes, Iwobi broke into the team and there was no space for Gnabry. I remember it too.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
They just knock it about and stick to a method until the goals come. They seem able to play their way into form even if things dont look easy for them at first.

Agree that City's style is more rigid and it's kinda easier for teams to play against them when they have good plan.But difference in quality between two teams was way too big for City to lose it at the end.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom