• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Manchester City 5 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 28th August | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We can’t judge the team until we get an experienced coach. Right now they all look clueless, but they most certainly aren’t.
You waiting for Big Sam who we put 4 past last season then?:)

10 years since Arsène (an experienced coach) let in 8 at Man U.
The overall standard in the Premier league is way better now.

Chambers, Holding & Kol were poor & the hothead in midfield got sent off. The rest of the team are young & when ur experienced players, let you down/make basic mistakes they need to accept responsibility as players for their performance.
Sure arteta needs to accept responsibility & could an experienced coach do better? Possibly but its not guaranteed,
Carlo found out how tough this league is at Everton after spending loads of money they still finished below us.
Perhaps experienced Rafa will get them higher?
Mourinho was top around xmas & got potted

Plenty of experienced coaches would not do anything here imho.

We will finish where we should 5th to 8th at the moment no matter who we have as the coach.

its been a terrible start. Im not just gonna make blind excuses fot Arteta i think we have been unlucky with injuries etc however if he doesnt improve on last seasons finish he will be gone.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What pisses me off is we're giving Arteta more backing than Wenger ever had. Ever.
It shouldn't puzzle you when you think about it.

We slipped out of the CL places and beyond under Wenger with players like Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla, Koscielny, Mertseacker, Monreal etc.... (and some junk he signed that are still here) There was no obvious need to invest hugely when you've got a squad that appeared capable of winning the league, as opposed to now. It's not so much as Arteta being backed now as the club merely picking up players irrespective of whether they think he'll be here to see the best of them or not.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You waiting for Big Sam who we put 4 past last season then?:)

10 years since Arsène (an experienced coach) let in 8 at Man U.
The overall standard in the Premier league is way better now.

Chambers, Holding & Kol were poor & the hothead in midfield got sent off. The rest of the team are young & when ur experienced players, let you down/make basic mistakes they need to accept responsibility as players for their performance.
Sure arteta needs to accept responsibility & could an experienced coach do better? Possibly but its not guaranteed,
Carlo found out how tough this league is at Everton after spending loads of money they still finished below us.
Perhaps experienced Rafa will get them higher?
Mourinho was top around xmas & got potted

Plenty of experienced coaches would not do anything here imho.

We will finish where we should 5th to 8th at the moment no matter who we have as the coach.

its been a terrible start. Im not just gonna make blind excuses fot Arteta i think we have been unlucky with injuries etc however if he doesnt improve on last seasons finish he will be gone.
That United score was a rare result amidst hundreds of wins, when Arsenal was spending bottom half of the table. There's no comparison with the cluster **** that's going on here. The Kroenkes have backed this guy to the hilt and spent millions, and we're worse than useless.

The league is getting tougher, the players aren't good enough blah, blah, blah.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we end up mid table in the championship 20 years from now the clowns on this forum will still find a way to blame Wenger for it.
At least we're not losing 5-1 to Bayern even if we are bottom of the league.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That United score was a rare result amidst hundreds of wins, when Arsenal was spending bottom half of the table. There's no comparison with the cluster **** that's going on here. The Kroenkes have backed this guy to the hilt and spent millions, and we're worse than useless.

The league is getting tougher, the players aren't good enough blah, blah, blah.

Ok but the league has got tougher its 100% true why do you think Wenger dropped off?. He got backed by the Kroenkes also with big money tbf towards the end & fans turned on him as he no longer got top 4.
That shows the league was getting way harder even with an experienced manager.
Emery (experienced manager) never took us there & neither has Arteta.

The squad is not top 4 level.
We are now in the middle of a big rebuild with the focus mainly on younger players. It is not a quick fix.
We should improve though & certainly compete for top 6 .

Zaza

Look, in as much as I hate Arteta, I'm not blaming him as much as I should for today. All you need to do is look at the back 5 that started...is it Arteta's fault that Chambers got beaten in the air by a 5'8 Gundogan?
Is it Arteta's fault that Cedric lost 8 ****ing duels?
Is it Arteta's fault that Xhaka our so called leader and captain lost his head and let his young teammates down?
This squad is **** and not even Conte will do anything with that **** defence we put out today.
We've gotten smacked away by big teams under Wenger and Emery with better defenders.

P.S yeah it is Arteta's fault. He sanctioned the move for Cedric and Mari and begged Xhaka to stay.

IstraBalagina

If we end up mid table in the championship 20 years from now the clowns on this forum will still find a way to blame Wenger for it.
I didn't see anyone saying that Wenger is the main reason.
This is not black and white, you can't put the blame solely on one figure. this is about consequences, chain of events, bad decisions over the years which led to this predicament.
This decline started 15 years ago when Kroenke launched his take over and Wenger was part of it, we still have rubbish Wenger players in the squad so you can't really say that he's 100% innocent.

IstraBalagina

You havent answered my question mate.

How did we spend almost 200m, sign many players, have all those matches and various tactical sessions, win an FA Cup and have three years go by and we STILL blame Wenger.

Something Im missing here?
Who brought Elneny, Kolasinac, Chambers etc? You ? Do you understand the difference between partly and fully ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom