• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day Thread

What is the most realistic scenario?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

He thinks Xhakas not starting 95% of remaining league games.
No, I am saying we need to sign a centre midfielder to avoid that situation. Unless you think we actually have a player currently who’s surname is “?”

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our midfield is so bad, engine room of the side and ours isn’t even top ten in the league.

Should have spent £100m on it and kept Saliba and Ryan.

Feel a new manager, could get Partey and Lokonga to form a very good partnership, tbh.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our midfield is so bad, engine room of the side and ours isn’t even top ten in the league.

Great post. Arteta's trying to make the team 'his' at the expense of it being better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Was thinking the same early the window but that mean too much pressure been put on Saliba few mistakes and agenda against will start even after all that we should get a midfielder knowing mikel he'll try use Ødegaard as CM

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Quality wise is better number wise is worse and it's worrying because if it stay the same we need to pray Partey don't get injured and Xhaka don't be stupid in field.
Is it better quality wise?
Partey hasn't hit the heights expected when he signed and has been crippled with injuries. To me that puts him in a worse place than he was 12 months ago.
Xhaka isn't better than he was last season. Possibly worse given he has started the season with another red card. He isn't learning.
Elneny - not good enough.
Lokogna - is he better than Ceballos? 2 games he started, including a game against Brentford and he hasn't looked upto much. Too early to say at this stage.

Maybe you're more a glass half full guy than me but I do feel like the midfield is in a worse position as there isn't enough starting quality there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Partey hasn't hit the heights expected when he signed and has been crippled with injuries. To me that puts him in a worse place than he was 12 months ago.
Xhaka isn't better than he was last season. Possibly worse given he has started the season with another red card. He isn't learning.
Lokogna - is he better than Ceballos? 2 games he started, including a game against Brentford and he hasn't looked upto much. Too early to say at this stage.

Maybe you're more a glass half full guy than me but I do feel like the midfield is in a worse position as there isn't enough starting quality there.

Partey is extremely frustrating because he was an iron man at Atletico and barely missed a game.

As soon as he got here it’s like all those consecutive games caught up with him.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Think you almost have to write off this season tbh. If we have a strong summer next year, then this one will look better then it does now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Don't think Partey is injury prone, think he just can't be bothered with Arteta.

Give him a manager he actually knows, and he will be the best CM in the league and never miss a game.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think strengthening CM was ever an intention this window. We where being linked to players to replace Xhaka after he wanted to leave but I think Arteta's priority was always to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom