• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Toney

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,246
  • Views 77,909

Is Toney an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus at CF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
£100M for Toney? **** off. Don't blame the club if we're not interested at that price, an extra £10M gets you Osimhen, no one is paying £100M for Ivan Toney.
I think that's the point. They want to keep teams away from him in January. Assuming the source is accurate.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Didn’t Ornstein also say we’re a bit stuffed with FFP but also say something about the owners could invest. Fishy.
He said it’s possible in theory but the Kroenkes haven’t shown they operate like that up to now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He said it’s possible in theory but the Kroenkes haven’t shown they operate like that up to now.

Rice was a pretty good example of it, Partey as well. I don’t think they will because I don’t think Toney is that guy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fail to win at Fulham I think Arteta will force the club to make a deal. Loan with 80 million obligation. If he managed to combine the club to spend 67 on havertz. He will convince them 80-85 million for Toney

DuBB

Yeah, he seems pretty confident we aren’t after him but the Rice stuff was weird as well with all that coming out and I wonder if we’re cracking down on leaks.

Didn’t Ornstein also say we’re a bit stuffed with FFP but also say something about the owners could invest. Fishy.

That's because of all things, FFP is the most internal thing and no journalist who isn't told directly knows a club's FFP status.

We've gone about 2-3 seasons and 5-6 windows now where our club has spent way more than fans, journalists and prognosticators expected us to, but yet and still at the start of every window people are sure as hell how much we can and can't spend.

When it comes to FFP I just hold my hands up and wait until the breakdowns at the end of the window that help explain why we did or why we didn't spend X amount.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Fail to win at Fulham I think Arteta will force the club to make a deal. Loan with 80 million obligation. If he managed to combine the club to spend 67 on havertz. He will convince them 80-85 million for Toney
I don't think we can loan him as Raya is on loan. You can't loan two players from the same club

Menard

Would love to get him and I think he's be class here, but Brentford have hit relegation form at just the wrong time for any reasonable January deal to be done. I mean 60m is already pretty high considering we paid even less than that for a younger Jesus who wasn't coming back from a lengthy ban, but any talk of 80m+++ is not worth it for me. I rate him but I think it's more-so his actual profile and the unique attributes he'd add to the squad I like more than really really world class ability

sub_sub

Appreciate the striker market is dry but the thought of Jesus and Toney leading our frontline for the next few years or so is not very inspiring. I also don’t think he is the right fit character wise to complement the squad. Would rather see us strengthen with a wide forward and keep our powder dry for the striker upgrade in the summer.

Thrice

Toney's not a £100m player. That's ridiculous, even in todays market. Even 50 would be a stretch given his status and history. Guy hasn't played professional football in almost a year. Can we expect him to jump in the team and not miss a beat?
He'll also be 28 in March, so there will be no re-sale value and probably only a few years until he starts to decline. He's not Harry Kane who will guarantee you 20-30 goals a year even in his 30's.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Toney's not a £100m player. That's ridiculous, even in todays market. Even 50 would be a stretch given his status and history. Guy hasn't played professional football in almost a year. Can we expect him to jump in the team and not miss a beat?
He'll also be 28 in March, so there will be no re-sale value and probably only a few years until he starts to decline. He's not Harry Kane who will guarantee you 20-30 goals a year even in his 30's.

Spot on. While I think he can offer us something els he is worth 40 million max not a penny more.

Makavelii

Agree, but you've understated it.

In his two seasons in the premier league, he only scored 7 non-pk goals and 14 non-pk goals.
That's at a rate of 0.22 and 0.43 per 90 mins.

Eddie Nketiah is a more consistent goalscorer when excluding penalty kicks (not saying he's a better player).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom